[WIP] Bf-109E-3 on new slot v2 *UPDATE*

madcop Wrote:
canonuk Wrote:madcap - you'll need to edit your file associations. Delete the .mat entry in TOOLS>Folder Options>File Types (in a standard folder window) and then create a new .mat entry and specify notepad as the default programme for that extension.

Thanks Canon.

I'll give it a try and will keep you posted .
I never tried this before cause I didn't know the trick and because I am a little bit afraid of my "limited knowledges !".

Thanks again for all your beautifull skins !

Madcop Big Grin

Sorry ,Canon ,I must be stupid ,but I went to my 3do\plane\Bf-109E-3 folder and then in Tools-Folder Options-File Types and looked for MAT Extensions.Clicked on delete and after that create a new MAT extension and specified Notepad in "Opens with " and clicked on OK.Now I have in File Types a MAT Extensions and MAT File as File Types that opens with Notepad.
I still have but MSH files in 3do\plane\Bf-109E-3 folder .

Still willing to help me ? :?

Thanks
Madcop

The pilot file that you were saying is a MS Access shortcut is actually the .mat file you want to edit. You should be able to open it with notepad now you've removed the association with MS Access.

I should apolegise for not also crediting canonuk when thanking Muas and Karaya. Thanks mate for your work also on these birds, the default skins really look fantastic and it goes without saying, your skins in general are the very epitome of il2 skinning, wonderful quality, detail and finishing, they always look great and form very realistic looking screenies. I'm glad to learn also that I wasn't going blind with the C3 fuel card on some of your earlier Emil skins, it's great to have new slot planes and already a little store of beautiful skins for them. Kudos to you Joe!
Really looking forward to the tropicalised Emils and any other projects from you guys.

So again thank you Muas, Karaya...and canonuk!

(I'm seriously loving il2 atm)

Ok, strange that I founded some number of DB601A engined Emils, whereas you say DB601N's Emils were the common type... Perhpas I'm lucky, or what?
Any tropicalized Emil will be a nice addition, though. Thanks for your work.

canonuk Wrote:The pilot file that you were saying is a MS Access shortcut is actually the .mat file you want to edit. You should be able to open it with notepad now you've removed the association with MS Access.

Thanks a lot Canon.

It worked nice and now I have .MAT files instead of MSH.
I edited it as instructed and now my Bf109E-3 from 9JG54-Gelbe 13. J.Eberle. in De Kooi.10.40.(E3).CANON.bmp is flying like a charm !

I really appreciated your help

Madcop Big Grin

Madcap - glad you got it sorted Smile

Vanir - thanks. I'm enjoying working closely with Muas on these and we're slowly filling the gaps in the important Bf109 variants. Seriously look forward to the trop Emils, because I'm really chuffed with the filter I've made. And watch out for other goodies too!

Thank you very much, a long time wait plane!

I have a problem:

Internal error: can't load

Kloss1D0o.mat

Can you help me? Thank you!

MOD is LIFE!!

Hi Muas and thank you for all your effort! I've installed it and it works like a charm.

As you can see in the first picture below, there is a small bug, only in Gunsight mode. I have also installed E-1, E-4N, E-7N, G-10/C3 & G-14AS and there is no such problem.

[Image: gunsight1i.jpg]

[Image: gunsight2.jpg]

@Canonuk,

A man of many talents, I can now edit .mat files too Big Grin

Thanks for a very handy tip.

YOU DA MAN!!!

Cheers,

The Toasted One.

PS hope the home front is all going well.

I fond the problem! TY! Work nice!

MOD is LIFE!!

Shwan: Same issue here, it is to do with the AllHolesSolved Mod

I must admit I'm a little lost about the AHS incompatability, I have this mod and I thought these new a/c were designed compatable. It's not a bother though, I just stick to gunsight view.
There is a slight issue with the artifical horizon on the G types though. Either it doesn't work at all or it has doubled lines. Wierd. Still not enough to dampen my joy though.
Big Grin

It only effects the aircraft based off the E-1 by Rawners (i.e. the E-3) and the K-14. Something to do with their construction and coding

Anto Wrote:It only effects the aircraft based off the E-1 by Rawners (i.e. the E-3) and the K-14. Something to do with their construction and coding
That's right, I've yet to get around this issue.

I have an already "no AHS" version for the E-3 to post... time and iL-2 modding doesn't seem to get together themselves, iL-2 modding keeps asking for more, time says no...

Here's a tip for Track IR users: centre point of view a little back than you would usually do, and you get to fly with your face a bit near the windscreen - the ghost blister will get scared and hide inside the engine cowl... I've flown E-1 online like this with no stress...

Hello Muas,

I have the same bug with the E3 (as shown on the first screenshot above) in internal view. I do not have neither the AHS mod by Hun In The Sun nor the Bf-109E mirror mod by Mr Jolly. Both AHS and 109E mirror mods use same cockpit class files for the 109E series.

I don't have such bug with your 4 other Emils (4N, 7N, and the 2 Trops), so I tend to wonder why there is such a bug only with the E3, and without any AHS or 109E mirror mod modified classes for the Emil cockpits...

Sorry to bother you with this mystery.

THANKS FOR YOU WORK!