[MOD]Forgotten Countries v1.02: 58 nations w/squads&mark

An update has been posted. Please download it as it corrects several bugs from v1.0.
If you had problems with 60% CTDs, hopefully this will fix it. Follow the instructions carefully.

Solved the problem but without the Forgotten Countries mod! I reversed the proposed installation process (reinstalled Gaston.s nations and squadrons mod and Sanka's previous new markings mod, reinstalled the reg.ini file to McWolf's decal shine) and the game works fine

cgagan Wrote:Solved the problem but without the Forgotten Countries mod! I reversed the proposed installation process (reinstalled Gaston.s nations and squadrons mod and Sanka's previous new markings mod, reinstalled the reg.ini file to McWolf's decal shine) and the game works fine
Install the updated version and it should work fine :wink:

Thanks, now it works!!

3dwa21 Big Grin Big Grin

sanka Wrote:
BAD_GRANT Wrote:Your instructions say to put these files in the main 1946 directory. These don't go in the MODS folder?
No, the archive already has a MODS folder. Just uncompress it in the 1946 folder so you can have the campaign and music folders :wink:

sorry I'm kind of a noob at installing stuff

what do you mean compress? Do I have to make a folder and put in the Il2 1946 main directory and then put the mods from your download in that folder?

I have a problem when I select Italy (ANR) or China (post 1945). I don't see the national markings, only big white areas. All other countries are correct. Has somebody noticed the same problem?

LittleD Wrote:
sanka Wrote:
BAD_GRANT Wrote:Your instructions say to put these files in the main 1946 directory. These don't go in the MODS folder?
No, the archive already has a MODS folder. Just uncompress it in the 1946 folder so you can have the campaign and music folders :wink:

sorry I'm kind of a noob at installing stuff

what do you mean compress? Do I have to make a folder and put in the Il2 1946 main directory and then put the mods from your download in that folder?
No that's UNcompress. Just right click on the downloaded file and select "Extract to", then navigate to your main 1946 folder and click OK.
Juri_JS Wrote:I have a problem when I select Italy (ANR) or China (post 1945). I don't see the national markings, only big white areas. All other countries are correct. Has somebody noticed the same problem?
Do your IA and CC folders in the "MODS\Forgotten_Countries\PaintSchemes\decals" have tga files inside them?
If not try reinstalling the mod.
If yes, then download this file : null.tga and put it in the main "MODS\Forgotten_Countries\PaintSchemes\decals" folder.

ok well I did what you said and I installed new version and put everything my Il2 1946 but it still crashes..

I took out all my other mods and tried and still crashes...so all my other mods are not the problem

It only crashes when I have the Forgotten_Countries on.

When I take it off my Il2 works fine..I still cant figure out why

:?

Juri_JS Wrote:I have a problem when I select Italy (ANR) or China (post 1945). I don't see the national markings, only big white areas. All other countries are correct. Has somebody noticed the same problem?
sanka Wrote:Do your IA and CC folders in the "MODS\Forgotten_Countries\PaintSchemes\decals" have tga files inside them?
If not try reinstalling the mod.
If yes, then download this file : null.tga and put it in the main "MODS\Forgotten_Countries\PaintSchemes\decals" folder.

I have tga files inside the country folders. The null.tga file and reinstalling didn't helped, but when I changed my graphic setttings from OpenGl to DirectX everything worked fine and the markings where shown correcty. Obviously it was a problem with my graphic settings, but it is strange, that only two countries were affected.

Greath mod!
Mabe sameone have Italian sound pack?

Hi,

I just installed this mod, correctly, and my game won't start anymore! (version 1.01).
Can you please help me?

Cheers,
Joppe

As noted in my previous post, couldn't get this to work, so downloaded the newer version, installed and like jopped my game would not even start. Did some testing by copying my install, deleting Mods and Files folders and installing the UI installer and patch.
Tested - game runs
Added this mod.
tested - game runs yeehah, ok so why doesn't it run in my other install. Long story short found two of this file 1B3E80540C8B51E4 one in this mod and one in my Files folder. Disabled the one in Files folder and game now runs... happy chappy :lol: Had a squiz inside 1B3E80540C8B51E4 and it has some info in there on MS.406 so that ac may not work now, haven't tested that yet.

Cheers

Quelty

Very nice and detailed work- Thank you and AAA .

Quelty Wrote:As noted in my previous post, couldn't get this to work, so downloaded the newer version, installed and like jopped my game would not even start. Did some testing by copying my install, deleting Mods and Files folders and installing the UI installer and patch.
Tested - game runs
Added this mod.
tested - game runs yeehah, ok so why doesn't it run in my other install. Long story short found two of this file 1B3E80540C8B51E4 one in this mod and one in my Files folder. Disabled the one in Files folder and game now runs... happy chappy :lol: Had a squiz inside 1B3E80540C8B51E4 and it has some info in there on MS.406 so that ac may not work now, haven't tested that yet.

Cheers

Quelty

Tried that, but no luck. I'm going to reinstall the game, and see if that brings me anywhere...

Cheers,
Joppe

Excelent work mate!

One question, where are the Polikarpov aircraft MOD? I cant find it.

OOOOOOOOps.

I have a big prolbem with this MOD.

I followed de install instructions,
I deleted the Gaston MOD, and the former insignia MOD for the new countries,
but after installing this MOD, the game does not start.

If I again uninstall the MOD, the game works fine, but if you reinstall again, stops working, it does absolutely nothing