[WIP] Emils Jabos: Bf-109E-1/B and E-3/B on new slots

jcalonso Wrote:Hi Muas,
I've noticed that Bf-109E-1B (and Bf-109E-1) shoot their wing canons in spite of not having them. I hope this can be solved.

Regards,

JC

Both the E-1 and E-1/B didnt have any gun barrels protruding out of the wing.

This is an E-3 with 4xMG17 but on the E-1 the wing installation looked the same!

[Image: 1139640.jpg]

Motor MGFF in E3 had 60 rds, not 200!
And MGFF in E3 was not able to fire Minengeschoss round!

=BY=RUDY Wrote:Motor MGFF in E3 had 60 rds, not 200!
My source says it had 200 rounds when mounted in airscrew; when mounted on wings they could only bear 60 rounds.
What's Minengeschoss?

Muas Wrote:
=BY=RUDY Wrote:Motor MGFF in E3 had 60 rds, not 200!
My source says it had 200 rounds when mounted in airscrew; when mounted on wings they could only bear 60 rounds.
What's Minengeschoss?

Minengeschoss is a type of ammunition that was introduced on the MGFF/M cannon. It is basically a thin walled round with even more HE content than ordinary explosive rounds. This type of round was not available on the MGFF used on the E-3 and earlier models.

[quote]The E-3 was replaced by the E-4 (with many airframes being upgraded to E-4 standards starting at beginning of the Battle of Britain) which was different in some small details, most notably by using the modified MG-FF/M wing cannon and improved head armor for the pilot. The MG FF/M fired a new and improved type of explosive shell, called Minengescho

Hm, I've got a reprint of the manual for export Me-109 for RYAF (Royal Yugoslav Air Force) in Serbian language. That's basically Bf-109 E-3, but does not mention Motorkannone armament at all (only Cowling MGs+Wing Oerlikons or Cowling MGs+Wing MGs option). IIRC, they had DB601A.

Also, for those export E-3 there was no "JaBo" armament, they were purely fighters.

You are our hero!!!

No AHS for this Jabo?
Should be a good idea have the Freddy cockpit without the head-rest armor for this early model.
I try to use the Hunin Reflexvisier but the reticle is smaller then it should be, this happen in all your new Bf 109, there is a fix?

Karaya Wrote:Both the E-1 and E-1/B didnt have any gun barrels protruding out of the wing.

This is an E-3 with 4xMG17 but on the E-1 the wing installation looked the same!

Karaya this look like an E-3 with the MG/FF removed, it has the MG/FF bulge under the wings, anyway, as you said, an E-1 looked the same

I think it didnt have MGFFs in the first place... Emils were often upgraded so for example an E-1 could become an E-4 or E-7 sometime down its service life through upgrading in a LW repair bay sometimes retaining its initial armament. In case of the E-3 in the picture it kept its machine gun only armament or it was actually produced that way, some early production E-3s had the old 4MG armament...

Another one:

[Image: bf109e1perro9hj.jpg]

Muas Wrote:My source says it had 200 rounds when mounted in airscrew; when mounted on wings they could only bear 60 rounds.

Can you share this source?
Kennblatt for F1/F2 clearly state 60 rds for F1 + motor MGFF.

This mystery about Bf 109E-3 and

Not quite right about the Emils being used for the Spanish Civil War but definately right about the E-2 with the cannon. Cannonuk post in the E-3 thread about it, some ealry E-3s were tested with the motorkanone and majority removed due to vibration issues but evidence exists to suggest some did fly on the frontline with them (MG/FF that is, not MG/FFM, where the M stands for Mineshell, not motorkanone)

Anto Wrote:Not quite right about the Emils being used for the Spanish Civil War...

The reality is Bf 109 had first taken part in actual fighting in Spanish Civil War and 131 planes of the type B, C, D and E in total was sent to

Cannonuk and Karaya:

They must be MG's. I got misled by the fact that the wing MG's fire when pressing the canon button in my joystick and there were no holes for them in the wings

Regards,

JC

jcalonso Wrote:Cannonuk and Karaya:

They must be MG's. I got misled by the fact that the wing MG's fire when pressing the canon button in my joystick and there were no holes for them in the wings

Regards,

JC

The wing holes for the MGs are indeed missing but maybe there will be an update for that in the future, lets see...

canonuk Wrote:stugumby - that's an issue with the original E-1 mod by Ranwers. it happens on certain computers. I think it's to do with how the early canopy is added which is why I'm working on a new proper early Bf109 canopy.

jcalonso - are you sure they're cannons? On my installation they fire MG17 from the wings and nose.

Answers my question too. E-1/early canopy types not working in FMB. Others fine.