[Beta] Random Splash Screen Cycler

OK Here's my problem or maybe it's not a problem at all, But I need to know something. I installed every thing as per the read me file and and made sure that all of my splash screens were in TGA and 1024X768. I clicked on the game after clicking on the bat file and everything seemed to be fine. Now I go into my game and I see a new splash on my monitor. I think everything is working, BUT when I exit out of the game and start it back up I still see the new splash that I just installed using the .bat file. My question is this! Do I need to click on the bat file every time before I go into the game or shouldn't it be doing that on it's own? Any help would be great thanks!

Hi Badger,
From windows explorer open the splashscreen.bat file (right click and select edit) and right down the bottom you will see;

Code:
Rem Start IL-2 Directly
Rem cd C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovick 1946
Rem Start IL2fb.exe

Remove the Rem from bottom two lines;

Code:
Rem Start IL-2 Directly
cd C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovick 1946
Start IL2fb.exe

and make sure the path to IL2 is correct and then save the file. Then right click on it and select send to desktop option. This creates a shortcut on your desktop, use it to change screen and fire up the game.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Quelty

[quote="Ark-iyos"] ...Everyone should NEVER EVER use the "Documents And Settings" Folder and any folder inside it (Per example: Desktop folder).
Create YOUR own folders everywhere you

4./JG53_Badger Wrote:OK Here's my problem or maybe it's not a problem at all, But I need to know something. I installed every thing as per the read me file and and made sure that all of my splash screens were in TGA and 1024X768. I clicked on the game after clicking on the bat file and everything seemed to be fine. Now I go into my game and I see a new splash on my monitor. I think everything is working, BUT when I exit out of the game and start it back up I still see the new splash that I just installed using the .bat file. My question is this! Do I need to click on the bat file every time before I go into the game or shouldn't it be doing that on it's own? Any help would be great thanks!

Quelty beat me to the reply. This mod will only change your screens when the splashscreen.bat runs. Unless you use it before you start the game, you'll see the same splashscreens. The batch file is the working part of the mod and there is no method ingame currently to run it. This is why it won't change mission load screens between missions.

[quote="Doolittle81"][quote="Ark-iyos"] ...Everyone should NEVER EVER use the "Documents And Settings" Folder and any folder inside it (Per example: Desktop folder).
Create YOUR own folders everywhere you

Quelty,
Hey Thanks that did the trick.... :wink:

That it? anyone one else have any issues? If not then I'll submit it for publication. I'll give it 24 hrs for response.

Hi, able72.

Didn't mean to disappear, had some r/l stuff.

I have the mission loading screens cycling in campaigns but not the initial game loading screen. It starts TIR and the game but not TS or TSO (But the error is the correct name of their respective .exe's, tried lots of variations including the original name from Right click on the icon----->Properties----->General.)

One thing not mentioned is when to extract the files from the d/l. I've been d/ling to Winrar and extracting to the locations specified but even tho' I go down to the Missions or Mods folders before extracting, it transfers the entire d/l folder Splashscreen. I go down to the correct Missions folder in Splashscreen and move it to the specified folder so it's at the correct level to be recognized.

Anyway, please scope out the address path and advise if it is correct.

[Image: untitled-1.jpg]

Thanks everyone for the tips and getting me this far. ~S~

Strider Wrote:Hi, able72.

Didn't mean to disappear, had some r/l stuff.

I have the mission loading screens cycling in campaigns but not the initial game loading screen. It starts TIR and the game but not TS or TSO (But the error is the correct name of their respective .exe's, tried lots of variations including the original name from Right click on the icon----->Properties----->General.)

One thing not mentioned is when to extract the files from the d/l. I've been d/ling to Winrar and extracting to the locations specified but even tho' I go down to the Missions or Mods folders before extracting, it transfers the entire d/l folder Splashscreen. I go down to the correct Missions folder in Splashscreen and move it to the specified folder so it's at the correct level to be recognized.

Anyway, please scope out the address path and advise if it is correct.

[Image: untitled-1.jpg]

Thanks everyone for the tips and getting me this far. ~S~

Not really sure what your asking me.

But If I am understanding you correctly, you want to know if your Screens folder is in the correct location, it appears to be to me.

make sure the screens file contains the .tga's from the mod, and that it contains the randfile.exe

Just wanted to confirm the files were placed correctly, m8. Thanks! The .tga's and RandFile are in the /screens folder. The game load screen problem must lie elsewhere.

This is a great mod and your starter .tga's are beautiful. Thanks on behalf of! the community.

Strider Wrote:Just wanted to confirm the files were placed correctly, m8. Thanks! The .tga's and RandFile are in the /screens folder. The game load screen problem must lie elsewhere.

This is a great mod and your starter .tga's are beautiful. Thanks on behalf of! the community.

Let me see the inside of your \mods\splashscreen\screens folder. IF your mission load images are changing its not a problem with the splashscreen.bat I wouldn't think. Hmmmm........this one has me scratching my head.

Hi, m8!

As requested:

[Image: ScreensFolder.jpg]

Thanks again for your help!

The only odd thing I see in there is the shortcut, but that shouldn't stop it from running. Hmmmm......

Ok, can you open and post the top portion of the splashscreen.bat file you are using to start your program?

Hi, m8!

As requested:

[Image: Splashscreenbat.jpg]

I have no idea, it should be working with it set up that way.