[UPDATE] E-1/E-3 Early Canopy and FMB-Crash Fixed

Early Canopy and FMB-Crash Fix for E-1/E-1B/E-3/E-3B

[Image: canopies.jpg]

Unzip the archive, then simply copy the three folders into your MODS folder and allow them to overwrite.

You'll already need to have installed Ranwers original Bf 109E-1 v2 mod, as well as Muas' Bf 109E-3 and Bf 109E-1/B and Bf 109E-3/B mods. This doesn't add the new slots - it just fixes some issues.

Issue 1: Ranwers original E-1 caused FMB crashes on some peoples computers. The E-3 (based on the E-1) also had the same problem. I identified and fixed the problem so the E-1, E-1B, E-3 and E-3B can all be used in FMB, no problems.

Issue 2: The early canopy for the original E-1 was taken from the LaGG-3 and as a result wasn't perfect. I've built accurate early canopies for the E-1 and E-3, including detailed pilot armour on the E-3. The canopy is also mapped to the main skin, so skinners can easily edit the colour.

Hopefully these updates will add a lot to the cosmetics of the aircraft, as well as their functionality as everyone should be able to use them in FMB.

Download from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjtzncwthys

Canon

p.s if people have problems downloading let me know and I'll get it mirrored somewhere.

UPDATE

High_detail Open & Closed Alternatives

I've made these high-detail versions which people can easily copy over the lower-detail ones. These feature the open/close handle for the window, and some light-framing of the glass.

[Image: bonus.jpg]

Download from: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3nnlnigqm1

Joe

Thank you very much, great fix!! There are some more Ranwer's planes having a FMB problem (PZL P-24, Typhoon). Is it possible to fix them too?

Maybe, but it took me hours to identify and then fix the problems. I would guess that since the P-24 and the Typhoon are fully 'Frankenplanes' it would take me even longer to do, and probably wouldn't be as easily fixed. So, sorry - someone else will have to step up for that challenge.

Many thanks Cannon Big Grin

DO THESE CHANGE INTERIOR VIEW OF FRAMING? Confusedhock:

Dietz Wrote:DO THESE CHANGE INTERIOR VIEW OF FRAMING? Confusedhock:
I don't think but they are Great!!!
Fine job Joe, thanks Big Grin

thx cannon !

please chk your pms Smile

Thank you very much Sir! For this and your higth quality skins!

MOD is LIFE!!

My hat off to this solution. Works like a charm.

I don't know how you figure these things out, but work like this is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot Canon ! TBH, the messed-up canopy was holding me back from testing these new Emils. So glad to see that it's gone.

Cheers

Nico

Hi Canon.

Recently I have installed both the 109E3 and 109E1

These MODs are some incompatibility with AHS Hunin's MOD (I think), what I have installed.

Without your update the problems is bigger, but even with it still persists

Curiously in gunsihgt view the problem dissapear, but reappears in the normal view

Inside the cockpit of these two planes this happens to me:

[Image: image012fffff.jpg]
[Image: image011fffff.jpg]
[Image: image009fffff.jpg]

DITTO..(AS ABOVE IN COCKPIT PROBLEMS....WAS THERE A"MANUAL' FIX IN ORIGINAL E-3 MOD?) :lol:

For some very strange reason, I had a 60% crash after installing the E-1/E-3 and Jabo variants all in one batch. Went through air.ini and the properties files twice but couldn't find any typos or anything, and still had the 60% crash problem.

I then installed this 'fixed' version of the planes and the problem disappeared...
I thought I should let you know in case this means anything to you.

Splendid work Canon and Muas, much appreciated by this 109 lover ! Big Grin Gonna go download the tropicalised Emils right away !

Cheers

Nico

Dietz Wrote:DO THESE CHANGE INTERIOR VIEW OF FRAMING? Confusedhock:

No, I didn't edit the cockpit files, so these are purely external changes.

agracier Wrote:My hat off to this solution. Works like a charm.

I don't know how you figure these things out, but work like this is very much appreciated.

Hours of trial and error, and then creative thinking to get around the problems. Plus lots of time crafting new objects in MAX.

Regarding AHS issues, I haven't changed anything regarding the cockpit, so if you had an issue with AHS before you'll still have it, and if you didn't before, you won't now.

Anyway, glad people are happy to see the update

Joe