Map building tutorial

I'm very glad you succeeded, I saw the pictures of your island. I was a bit dissappointed that it
took you four days, I would like it if people took two days to get their first map loaded, although
it took me six months to teach myself how to build my first map, so maybe four days isn't so bad.

Cheers
Kevin

Once again thanks for the great tutorial.

I am no longer stressing out about map loading. I can make a map in around 2 hours.

I'm keen to make about 15 start up maps as per your tutorial for people to download so they might just get interested to do thier first Manam Island map.

I've made 5 available so far and working on a request right now.

The maps are made up to upon a successful loading in game of your tutorial. People will have to follow the rest of your tutorial to gradually complete the map and move on to your textures tutorial.

Cheers Kirby

Hallo Kevin, now I finished the My Manam, the sea is dark like a first picture that I posted here, now I lokk at link that you gived me for dark water.
Ok with your link viewtopic.php?t=13500&highlight=black+water now the sea its blu.
But in this building, different of the my previous, when I go to the FMB and load the map, when I go to

Sorry Kevin I have never been the best of pupils, I'm a little slower grasping things than most, whatever mistakes can be made be sure I will make them. Glad your tutorial was available otherwise I would not have had a chance.

All the best, Pete. Big Grin

Hallo Kevin another question please:
I paint manam in the game like in tut.pag. 55>56 with this result:
[Image: manam.paint.jpg]
after paint like from pag. 60>67 with this result.
[Image: map_F.jpg]
but when I restart the game (always in map building)
I've the first image without wood.
I change the value of cof. ini also here, but if in il2 the sea is blu, here is always black. Any suggestion? thanks.

To save a mission & fly over your map you must put an object on the map, like a building or runway.
Then Save it. The object is saved in the "actors.static" file (which is created by the game if one doesn't
exist already).

Look at page 59 of my tutorial to see where the actors.static file is (also notice map_h & map_T).

Copy+paste these files into your map folder, then you can fly a mission & also you will see the changes you made, such as adding woods.

I don't know why the water is black.

Cheers
Kevin

many thanks, I added a house...but perhaps I forget somthings....thanks, I try.

Hi kevinp,

Thanks a lot for this tutorial! I really appreciate your work m8!
I am on page 14 currently. I opened my Microdem 10.0, build 2009.5.27.1 ("complete installl" - http://www.usna.edu/Users/oceano/pguth/ ... emdown.htm) but it is completely different from Microdem 10.0, build 2008.12.30.1 you use in your tutorial. I don't know how to merge maps in it.

Could you please upload your Microdem version somewhere (f.e. Rapidshare) so I'll download it and continue making Manam succesfully?

BTW, are there any Truk/Eniwetok maps for IL-2?

Fergi

I don't think your version of Microdem is completely different, I think it is set to the wrong view.

Click the Options button on the Menu bar, along the top of the Microdem window. A page similar to the one pictured below will appear. In the Program tab you should select Regular & then click OK.

If it's still completely different, I will give you the link to my version of Microdem.

[Image: microdemoptions.jpg]

There is a Truk map available but it seems to be unfinished. Someone was going to start a map of Eniwetok.
Here are the links to their pages -
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...light=truk

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...t=eniwetok

kevinp Wrote:To save a mission & fly over your map you must put an object on the map, like a building or runway.
Then Save it. The object is saved in the "actors.static" file (which is created by the game if one doesn't
exist already).

Look at page 59 of my tutorial to see where the actors.static file is (also notice map_h & map_T).

Copy+paste these files into your map folder, then you can fly a mission & also you will see the changes you made, such as adding woods.

I don't know why the water is black.

Cheers
Kevin
Excuse me Kevin,(my english is not so good) in actors file I have a house:
[color=red]

Try to save a mission using the HB_PacificIslands map & tell me what happens.

Azzzz...Opsss...in my il2fb there isnt Hb_pacific islands...now I put it in and try to save a mission...
OK, I added HB_pacofic islands, and save a mission. Now also with manam I can save a mission, many thanks.
But I hjave make some mistake with my last tga. files...look how strange is my Manam!

[Image: manammis.jpg]
I retray all with more attention. thanks for all, You are a big supporter!

Hello Kevin I've try myself but I've again need of your help.
I retraid all the Manam b.m.
at pag. 58 I start the game and save a mission and have this result:
[Image: manammisa.jpg]
(before I dont go to the game, but continue in tutorial...)

after paint like from pag. 60>67 with this result.
[Image: map_F.jpg]
copy map builder/maps/ manam folder without labels in il2fb/MODS/map mods/manam subscribing
but when I save a mission ...any change, I cannot see the text and I cannot see the wood, but again this strange map:
[Image: manammis.jpg]
I dont understand why...can you help please? thanks

Can you send me your strange Manam map?

Kevin, I sent at your link all files that I've in my il2fb/MODS/map mods/manam.
Thanks again for your support.