[VIDEO] Tutorial (3DS Max) Part 1; Prop Modeling!

I learned drafting on paper after I graduated from High School. Dont feel to bad! Take a look at some of your local community colleges. You would be surprised to see just HOW MANY offer classes in 3D modeling now a days. Last year I took a class to learn Maya for $40!

P.S. I hated Maya. :lol:

hmm now that's a good tip Big Grin thanks Gibbage

gibbage Wrote:For smoothing groups, its best to do them as you model. That way, its a lot of little jobs, and not one BIG one at the end.

I can cover whats called "null smoothing" in IL2 to help smooth out doors. It uses invisible polygons. I will add that to the list.

As for downloading it, I will see what I can do. I dont have the bandwidth on my own server to host it. If I can find a good file host, I will. I use Youtube simply because of the comments and annotations.

More on smoothing groups, please, please, please...

Big one for me is how to use alpha for windows and more especially for holes on DM. Only when you find the time though mate. paying your rent is Way more important 8)

Yes!!! Thank you so much! Big Grin
This is what I looking for. Thanks mate.

regards

This is great. Thankyou very much mate Smile

Awesome Gibbage, this might inspire me to try modelling on 3ds again (I tried some years ago).

Cya in the skies mate!

Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
Great work !!!!!!
I'm starting with 3D Max and me is very helpful work.
Greetings
Google Translation

Exelente trabajo!!!!!!
Yo estoy empezando con 3D Max y me es de gran ayuda su trabajo.
Saludos
Traduccin Google

Great tutorial Gibbage :!:

Your valuable time is appreciated.....

If you could find the time it would be nice if you could whip up a beefy little spinning prop for IL2 (instead of trying to show us clowns how to do it Idea). The flat spinning disc is a bit of a let down.

Would be forever grateful :wink:

I am sure some other talented modder could figure a way of getting it into the game if you did not want to consume your time on the nitty-gritty details.... :wink:

gibbage Wrote:P.S. I hated Maya. :lol:

Your my new best friend. LOL

Well then screw us. Just make sure you make the rent Big Grin

Nice work gibbage. A highly useful contribution to the modding community.

Cheers!

so much info...agh *head explodes* but other tahn that thanks for this post ^_^ though i have no idea how to get to this stage

Is it possible to make the objects with blender 3D?

If you don't know it here's a link to the official site: http://www.blender.org/[/url]

Thanks for this great video .

I have the same question as eikenschild : can Blender be used to create planes for il-2 ?

gus

i cant mak Gear Nose in 3d max

you have Tutorial for mak Gear Nose

[Image: 23454.jpg]