[VIDEO] Tutorial (3DS Max) Part 2; Wing Modeling!

OK! Time for the next video! Wing Modeling! This one is rather simple, but a has a lot of tips to help new modelers out. Im also adding annotations with shortcut keys and other tips. Tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uxv_C0sBAE

Gibbage

Wish I had known about FFD before , done my wings the hard way :roll: Good tutorial :wink:

Hi,

Could you poste your videos on one single web site so that we can access all of them directly?
Thanks.

A fan of your videos...

Don't forget about modelling the Fuselage...

Fabulous tutorial gibbage, very informative use of the program. My hat is off to you for doing these my friend. Big Grin

mavyalex Wrote:Hi,

Could you poste your videos on one single web site so that we can access all of them directly?
Thanks.

Er.. Youtube?

:lol: :lol:

Thank you! Smile

This is brilliant, thank you very much!

gibbage think you could set up a tutorial of how you set ur blue prints up im having issues with mine done it in past just can remember

also what method are you using to attach your wings to the fuselage?

Setting up blueprints is pretty easy after you've done it once.

There are many tutorials on the web. Here is one http://www.the-blueprints.com/tutorials/3dmax/

Check that the prints are correct to scale before importing into Max.

Do this in Photoshop, Gimp or whatever graphics Editor you use.

Assuming you have Plan, Front Elevation, Side Elevation
Crop the Plan to the 4 edges of the object. Note the x and y size of the image in pixels
Crop the Front Elevation and check the pixels, x and z size.
The x should match the x of the plan. If it doesn't then scale the image keeping the x, z proportions the same so that x matches Plan x
Crop the side elevation and check the pixels, y and z.
Compare with both Plan and Front Elevation and scale to match if required.

Make a box object in Max so that the xyz of the box in drawing units matches the xyz of your blueprints.
Scale up the box so that it matches the size of your real life object in metres.
Apply the three blueprints to each of three of the box faces so that they are in the correct relative position.
Convert Box Promitive to Mesh, remove the three unused sides.
Slide the remaining faces back on one axis to a rear position.
Start building your model.

If you Freeze the planes ensure you unclick show frozen in grey, in object properties, first. Otherwise the texture will not show.

My work space can get quite cluttered with multiple layers of blueprints
[Image: image01-6.jpg]

Ashe

Thank you. Very good help for me. Would not it be something else please?