Propeller mod version 4.0 (In 3 variant)

Yup .... your right Stuka. At first I thought they might be 'riding' above the prop tex. Turned off prop tex, then other recent mods .... still there. So I've been searching around in the forums since yesterday and nothing on it. I ended up looking at screenshots and noticed it looked like some others had the same effect .... gun smoke above and in front of wing and canopy. The only shot I can find of gun-smoke in line was ALOTEF "Spitting Fire".

viewtopic.php?t=15027

Looked at my screens and only three with gun-smoke and they seem to be above ... so I think I've had it for a while and didn't notice it till yesterday afternoon. In pit it's sorta OK, and I only go external once in a blue moon for screens ... and that's when I noticed it. You can really see it clearly then.

Maybe the gun smoke effect is not meant to be totally in line. I next looked through all smoke and gun-smoke mods and found nothing on alignment. All I have is Alotef's screen.

So I'll check it out over the next couple days. Even thought it might be bullet hit effects or tracer fire mods .... nope, all fine.

Thanks Stuka King .... dropped the minus on your mod and it's looking sweet. Love the translucent look your texture 2 and 3 bring to the game. The smoke trails I'll figure out or live with till I do a reinstall.

Hey Stuka, first off thank you for all your hard work, second where do I put the file that I want, 1946/MODs/???

clayman Wrote:Yup .... your right Stuka. At first I thought they might be 'riding' above the prop tex. Turned off prop tex, then other recent mods .... still there. So I've been searching around in the forums since yesterday and nothing on it. I ended up looking at screenshots and noticed it looked like some others had the same effect .... gun smoke above and in front of wing and canopy. The only shot I can find of gun-smoke in line was ALOTEF "Spitting Fire".

viewtopic.php?t=15027

Looked at my screens and only three with gun-smoke and they seem to be above ... so I think I've had it for a while and didn't notice it till yesterday afternoon. In pit it's sorta OK, and I only go external once in a blue moon for screens ... and that's when I noticed it. You can really see it clearly then.

Maybe the gun smoke effect is not meant to be totally in line. I next looked through all smoke and gun-smoke mods and found nothing on alignment. All I have is Alotef's screen.

So I'll check it out over the next couple days. Even thought it might be bullet hit effects or tracer fire mods .... nope, all fine.

Thanks Stuka King .... dropped the minus on your mod and it's looking sweet. Love the translucent look your texture 2 and 3 bring to the game. The smoke trails I'll figure out or live with till I do a reinstall.

Hi!

I see you talk about two different things that i highlighted with red color, if you mean bullet smoke trail, as i remember they were always there above wings, but if you mean gun smoke round muzzle it is something else, that you maybe investigate.

Thanks

RRuger Wrote:Hey Stuka, first off thank you for all your hard work, second where do I put the file that I want, 1946/MODs/???

Hi!
well, if you read the read me file i explained there, after that you extracted the .rar file you will see 3 folder/file:

vas_prop_mod_g_v4.0
vas_prop_mod_d_v4.0
vas_prop_mod_L_v4.0

depended on which version you have downloaded, put whole corresponding folder (or as you wrote, file) inside your MODS folder, also as you say, if you for example have downloaded the second variant it should look like this: 1946/MODS/vas_prop_mod_d_v4.0

THX :wink:

stuka_40 Wrote:
RRuger Wrote:Hey Stuka, first off thank you for all your hard work, second where do I put the file that I want, 1946/MODs/???

Hi!
well, if you read the read me file i explained there, after that you extracted the .rar file you will see 3 folder/file:

vas_prop_mod_g_v4.0
vas_prop_mod_d_v4.0
vas_prop_mod_L_v4.0

depended on which version you have downloaded, put whole corresponding folder (or as you wrote, file) inside your MODS folder, also as you say, if you for example have downloaded the second variant it should look like this: 1946/MODS/vas_prop_mod_d_v4.0

THX :wink:

Excellent, thank you Stuka, cheers...

stuka_40 Wrote:Hi!

I see you talk about two different things that i highlighted with red color, if you mean bullet smoke trail, as i remember they were always there above wings, but if you mean gun smoke round muzzle it is something else, that you maybe investigate.

Thanks

My hats off to you Stuka! Thank you for the reply and insight. Yes, I mean the curvy trailing bullet smoke that replaced Olegs cock-screw default. The more and more I look into it it looks to be above the wing. I have an old screen (just after loading UI 1.0) showing it in line like ALOTEF's. Bet it's the angle or we were dropping or rising into the trail.

Thanks for the quick reply and all the great MOD's you've done for us!

~ clayman

very good the first
almost perfect
more needs to be better for a polished

the props of zeros and the P-51 rotating means so crooked

the yellow tip of the propeller of the P-51 prop was a little darker and wider as one of the spit MK.IX
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3622/grab000033.jpg
and in the back was not the red marks

I did not have marks vemelhas and brings in part of the yellow markings are more
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1285/grab0003.jpg

P-47 to the ta very good combined with the blades of the propeller

heero12 Wrote:very good the first
almost perfect
more needs to be better for a polished

the props of zeros and the P-51 rotating means so crooked

the yellow tip of the propeller of the P-51 prop was a little darker and wider as one of the spit MK.IX
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3622/grab000033.jpg
and in the back was not the red marks

I did not have marks vemelhas and brings in part of the yellow markings are more
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1285/grab0003.jpg

P-47 to the ta very good combined with the blades of the propeller

Hi!

And thanks, because i used the front side of default propellers color and patterns and the game uses same propeller texture for both side of propellers rotating 2d model, you will see these ring and patterns from both sides, the textures over propeller when it is not rotating are mapped from its skin and have 2 different sides and pattern over each side with higher resolution too (1024 x 1024).

see the picture Arrow

[Image: 716f50daea502017b14bb9d702691bd96g.jpg]

If you don't like, and want to have another propeller, you can navigate to my mod folder open the corresponding P51 folder and its"propellor.mat" file
find this line Arrow TextureName ..\Textures\p51s.tga in propellor.mat file
and change it to TextureName ..\Textures\2bladedbrit.tga which is the default one.

About crooked rotating propeller of P-51, it is from il2! about zero i don't think so, disable my mod
and fly p-51 with default propeller, you will see that it is not centered too, the bug is not in the texture it is in the .msh file of rotating propeller, check the He-111H-2, He-111H-6, Fw-190A-3Fw-190D-9 too they have also crooked propeller too!

These files are 128 X 128, same size as default files and i am not going to change them, because when propeller start to rotate it seems as a blur disc, and you don't need more pixels in textures. The propellers rotating model is not shinny by default, it is complete different than from the propeller model when it is not rotating.

THX

just tested this and it s wonderfull for fighters planes and others!!thanks a lot Big Grin

what about the new 5 blades aircraft like spit mkXIV and seafury??i didn t install them yet, but does it will work also???

cheers

The XIV does, not sure about the Sea Fury as I don't have it.

Gear Wrote:just tested this and it s wonderfull for fighters planes and others!!thanks a lot Big Grin

what about the new 5 blades aircraft like spit mkXIV and seafury??i didn t install them yet, but does it will work also???

cheers

Well, it depends on how the modeler has made the propellers rotating model, if he has done it as 5 bladed it will work as 5 bladed, because it is the 3d model of rotating propeller that define the final visible sight of rotating propeller, the texture gives only the colors and transparency.
Do a test fly to check.

Opening the 3D file of the rotating prop texture of the Sea Fury, it seems that it really is set up for 4 blades only, when in fact the plane has 5 when the props are not spinning. How can this be corrected?

AIRdomination Wrote:Opening the 3D file of the rotating prop texture of the Sea Fury, it seems that it really is set up for 4 blades only, when in fact the plane has 5 when the props are not spinning. How can this be corrected?

I think you have to contact the 3D modeler of this plane so he make a 5 bladed rotating 3D propeller model for sea Fury, because if the non rotating 3D model of propeller is 5 bladed, and the rotating 3D model is 4 bladed, it means that either the modeler made the rotating 3D model as 4 bladed or texture mapped it as 4 bladed propeller.

I downloaded the second one and it works exellent thx.

looks good!
thanks