Thread Closed

[WIP] Kittyhawk MkIa "RAAF-spec" mod

You're more than welcome No5 Studly. It was groups like yours in mind that have been the driving force behind this.
And...the MkIII is about to hit the streets...

Big Grin

Thanks Sport,

Winzip works fine on these files.

Thanks for your work,almost forgive u for pinching our Grand Prix (Almost...)

Cheers,

The Toasted One.

Feedback time: She's sweet! I was a bit worried when you started describing slightly more advanced techniques for flying her properly, but I must be doing something right, because i've been pushing her a bit, and she hasn't complained yet! Big Grin :lol: (jeez, how can these descriptions be turned into something completely different...ahem... :wink: )
Jokes aside, the one thing i was hoping to see a fix for, was the gap seen from slightly below...i trust you're going to try and rectify that?
Otherwise, still testing...with a happy grin... :mrgreen:

Function of the coolant and lubrication systems are still under work trying to get the engine damage parameters right, and have been revised/updated as part of the MkIII mod. The MkIa will change slightly when the later mod is installed Big Grin

I found too, she doesn't die when holding the limit, but at least it drops off quickly like it should.

And yes, the operation description is more an aim of the work in progress, virtually copy-pasted from historical documents. It's not quite as strict as I make out...just yet but it will get there. By final release I plan to have it so if you don't fly the plane like it says, the plane will respond accordingly. I'm only halfway there as yet, but it's good practise. At the very least the guidelines show how to keep a cool engine ready for combat and how to get the maximum internal fuel range of some 1100km.

As is also a fact of real world engineering, short range missions can usually be flown under far worse operating conditions than the typical extended overwater flight of a Pacific mission. You might survive if you have to ditch over land, for example, and you can push the limits a little more, enter combat before the engine-oil has gotten hot in the first place and so on.
With the revision contained in the MkIII mod installation, try a full length mission overwater or unfriendly terrain exceeding an hour and see how pressing its limitations work for you then Wink Big Grin

Looks very nice!!, but I'd better wait until FM is finished, and it is included on next AC_INSTALLER, i was fed up of having many different buttons files on my installation and then none being compatible with AC_INSTALLERS... :wink:

Vanir, read the rules regarding new aircraft releases. Contact MrJolly for inclusion in the latest A/C Installer.

Thread LOCKED.
Thread Closed