[MOD]3D Fix for Fw200 Spinners

[Image: fw200.jpg]
This is a mod that corrects the off centre position of the Fw200's no.3 engine spinner. Unfortunately the previous version of this mod, which included new spinners from the Fw190, caused severe ground handling problems, so if you downloaded that version please delete it and replace with this version, which only corrects the off centre position of the no.3 engine spinner. If you originally downloaded the Heir fix only version then no further action is needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z01xzdnmjhk

Regards

I saw this on SAS, and it's a great mod.
Shouldn't this post be moved from New Mod Aircraft to 4.08 & 4.09 downloads? Big Grin

Thanks Smile

I think you are right about which section this should be in, but I wasn't really sure were to put it, and there are some 3D only mods in this section, as well as the new slot aircraft.

I guess admin can move it if they think its in the wrong place.

Hey David,

big THANKS for this Mod, looks absolutely good.

One Problem I notied is, the Engine 3 is the only one, that powers the plane forward.
The rest engines also speed up by power, but don't grip.

I tried to strat the FW-200 on ground... it only turns around
and there is only dust behind engine 3.

Can you have a look on it please?
Thank you Big Grin

renmik Wrote:Hey David,

big THANKS for this Mod, looks absolutely good.

One Problem I notied is, the Engine 3 is the only one, that powers the plane forward.
The rest engines also speed up by power, but don't grip.

I tried to strat the FW-200 on ground... it only turns around
and there is only dust behind engine 3.

Can you have a look on it please?
Thank you Big Grin
I've had a look at the problem, and I can confirm it affects the version of this mod with the new spinners. Ground behaviour is very odd, even with only engines 1 and 2 turned on (the two left engines) the aircraft turns left and cannot be corrected apart from throttling down any engines switched on. Strangely, the AI has no problem taking off.

What I assume is causing the problem is that the stock Fw200, alone out of any Il2 model I have looked at, had the model for the rotating props made facing in the opposite direction from the stationary prop model. To make the Fw190 prop work I had to change the Hier file to effectively reverse the spinning prop model. Since this did not cause any problems when flying around I did not think to check ground behaviour. This is not the only oddity of the Fw200 model, apart from the off centre spinners it is also mapped terribly, with many areas of the skin that are stretched or distorted.

The only solution I can offer right now is to delete the new spinners version of the mod and replace it with the version that only corrects the off-centre no.3 engine prop. I have checked and this version does not have any problems with ground behaviour.

I will be trying to fix the new spinners version of the mod but in the meanwhile I will be taking down the download link.

Regards

So is this mod good to use?

Yes, the new link I just put up with the simplified version of the mod does not have the ground handling problems that came with the new spinners.

K, Downloading.

Any chance to fix the "center of gravity" in pieces which have been shot off this aircraft? It's awful to see severed wings spiraling around nothing! I think you know what I mean

ty

Serpiko Wrote:Any chance to fix the "center of gravity" in pieces which have been shot off this aircraft? It's awful to see severed wings spiraling around nothing! I think you know what I mean
That would involve modifying the relevant meshes and changing their point of origin. At the moment this is beyond my ability (I can export meshes to GMAX and work with them there, but importing the finished results to Il2 is giving me problems). I would like to help but until I can work out how to import to Il2 all I can do is simple frankenplane work.

Don't get mad with this, it's not that worthy after all. Thx for info anyway. Big Grin