[Mod] Sea Hurricane MkIb and MkIIc *UPDATE*

bumped Cry

Thanks for this plane, Big Grin

\Cheers!

That's a part of the default skin for the AC, it's nothing to do with the overlays as far as I know.

it's ok I had to reinstall the whole game again for some reason that UI1.1 installer F$%^ks up when it installs stuff. :???:
And this time I got all the hiurricanes working YEA!!!!!! my motto is my siggg... Big Grin

I'm getting yellow roundels too. Anyone know how to fix it without reinstalling 10Gb of material?

Mine work fine - at least onQMB using QMB+.

Personally I wouldn't touch the UI with a barge-pole, just my opinion. :evil:

I've use the MOD activator thingy, with the Version Switcher thingy right from the start, and its been cool all the way. 8)

I haven't tried these Sea Hurries with default skins and stock transfers mind, cos I always prefer the historical skins from flying legends - all the regular Hurrie 1 and 11c skins work great, there's several Sea Hurrie skins already. Big Grin

Anyway, thanks for these fine aircraft. Big Grin

Muas Wrote:
GF_Mastiff Wrote:(...) just missing the second stage turbo for high alt usually I hit second stage at 7k feet... and cant lowere fuel mix from 120 mix to 100
Both Sea Hurricanes behave exactly like the Hurricanes MkIb and MkIIc, from which they were modded here and in real life.

Only te MkIIc has a 2 stage supercharger; mixture ajustement is from 100% to 120% on both.

These features work perfectly well on both Sea Hurricanes.

Excuse me Maus, I would like to thank you for all your work on these aircraft, you have done a fine job. Big Grin

But I think you may be mistake about the performance.

Let me elaborate:

The Sea Hurricane MkIA was the same as the Hurricane Mk Ib, but these aircraft were not used on Carriers. The Sea Hurricane Mk IA was better known as the "Hurricat', and was used as a catapult launched fighter on merchant ships. Only 50 were converted from used Hurricane Ib's, and these had the Merlin III engine rated at 1030 hp with a single stage supercharger.

The Sea Hurricane Mk IB was a totally different kettle of fish. Some of them, which were used for training were converted Mk Ib's but they were using 100 octane fuel and +12 boost. But the ones which saw combat were converted Hurricane Mk IIAs, with a Merlin XX engine, rated at 1300 hp, with a two stage supercharger. This is essentially the same engine as in the game's Hurri IIB and IIC.

The Sea Hurricane IIC was a Hurricane Mk IIC converted.

The Sea Hurricane Ib was used in the Mediterranean during 1942. If you think about it, it is highly unlikely the Royal Navy would waste its time in late '41 and '42 converting obsolete 1939 era aircraft to use on their carriers. In fact, there were no Hurri I's coming off the production line after fall of '40.

Your comment about the Sea Hurricane Ib being identical to the Hurricane Ib also forgets the fact that the game's Hurricane Ia is based on the aircraft used by the Finnish airforce, which ran on German 87 octane fuel, and with only +6 boost, giving it 1030 hp. It doesn't even match up performance wise with the Hurricane IB's used by the RAF in the Battle of Britain, which were using 100 octane fuel and +12 boost, giving the Merlin III 1300 hp.

Hoping you will consider revamping the engines on your Sea Hurricane Ib to match the correct specs.

Your Sea Hurricane IIC is just fine. Good job on it!

Thanks again for the work. Big Grin

Hi mate!

I have noted that the mods from UI1.2 is different from this one and inside there is 2 new cockpit folders inside Mods/Sea-Hurricane/3do/cockpit and some new class.file (that are obviously for the new cockpits)!

Can you confirm that the cockpit changes are for the dedicated cockpit or explain if there is other changes please?

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

hey, can anyone help me with the whole code thing? the game dosn't work when i do it Cry

walter_solito Wrote:I have noted that the mods from UI1.2 is different from this one and inside there is 2 new cockpit folders inside Mods/Sea-Hurricane/3do/cockpit and some new class.file (that are obviously for the new cockpits)!

Can you confirm that the cockpit changes are for the dedicated cockpit or explain if there is other changes please?

The latest version I made, is the one the one at the beginning of this thread - v1.11, June 2009.

Maybe someone updated it for the UI1.2, I can't tell.

After activating MODS in UP2, to install all the missing new-aircratfs and mods. Dozen or so far.
Reintroduced ForgottenCountries-Mod to find my own old creations (squadrons).

( I KNOW: part of it has been included in UP, but cannot be worked on there...)

QBM fails to READ-MEMORY-At ... crashs with SeahurricaneMkIb, SeahurricaneMKIIC, ONLY,
when defaults-markings is switch-on for those aircrafts; the UP2integrated-mods fails to find their way out
of the ForgottenCountry MOD-contex. ( I do not recall having this problem with UP1,8 ).
That happens even if the QBM default country is USAAF and squadron is ...

Unless ForgottenCountriesMod can be outfitted with the necessary missing default-marks for your
seaHurricanes, the only way out is to install SeahurricaneMkIb and MkIIc as MODS. That works.
But it is redundant.

Word of warning for the two Air.ini entries are unfortunately different for each:

MODS:
SeaHurricaneMkIb air.SEAHURRICANE1 1 NOINFO gb01 DESERT
SeaHurricaneMkIIc air.SEAHURRICANE2 1 NOINFO gb01 DESERT

(for the Air.ini that needs to be modified in MOD\STD\com\... file.)

UP2:
SeaHurricaneMkIb air.SeaHurricaneMkIb 1 NOINFO gb01 DESERT
SeaHurricaneMkIIc air.SeaHurricaneMkIIc 1 NOINFO gb01 DESERT

(for the original entries in Air.ini, still preserved in Files\com\... and no-mod mode).

Great plane Big Grin ...But i cant open canopy!!!! :???:

Thanks!

I hope that the D/L link can be operative again for this mod. Here is the latest version of the file, by Muas:

http://www.filefront.com/17207514/SeaHu ... _v111.zip/

Thanks in advance to the admins of this site to host it. :roll:

Thank you so much for this plane!
S!