[Mod] Sea Hurricane MkIb and MkIIc *UPDATE*

Same in my cockpit as well mate

Thanx mate! now at least I know im not crazy lol!

BTW, tip for everyone. Apart from the anoying little cockpit bug in the sea hurris, if you have Avala's excellent hurricane cockpit reskin, here is a neat trick to get rid of that stock cockpit in the seahurricane, and still keep the new lights and lever and opening cockpit:

Make sure your avala hurri cockpit folder appears in your mods folder BEFORE the sea hurricane.

Then go to your IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\Cockpit AvalaHurriFulNW\3DO\Cockpit , and make a copy each of your hurri MKI and MKII folders, and paste them right there. Then rename them, respectively, "SeaHurricaneMkI" and "SeaHurricaneMkII" , and enjoy!

For those of you who still have not figured this trick, and who has Capt Flushgardens Fw190 cockpit pack, which does not have the FW190 D9 late included by default, you can solve that the same way. Make copy of your FW-190D-9 cockpit folder, and call it FW-190D-9Late, and presto.

Thx bigbossmalone! Now works fine

Already ahead of you there!..lol!
Did that straight after my last post.. Smile

Cirx Wrote:Thanx mate! now at least I know im not crazy lol!

BTW, tip for everyone. Apart from the anoying little cockpit bug in the sea hurris, if you have Avala's excellent hurricane cockpit reskin, here is a neat trick to get rid of that stock cockpit in the seahurricane, and still keep the new lights and lever and opening cockpit:

Make sure your avala hurri cockpit folder appears in your mods folder BEFORE the sea hurricane.

Then go to your IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\Cockpit AvalaHurriFulNW\3DO\Cockpit , and make a copy each of your hurri MKI and MKII folders, and paste them right there. Then rename them, respectively, "SeaHurricaneMkI" and "SeaHurricaneMkII" , and enjoy!

Cheers mate, worked a treat

o, and of course you can do the same with the FW190 F-8 pit, using the A8 pit. All differences will be there still.

absolutely brilliant. thanks for your hard work.

ths ths ths :lol:

IAF.116~Jagr Wrote:I believe that you forgot to give proper credits to CharlieChap
I'm usualy very keen on giving proper credits to anyone involved in my projects.
Regarding the Sea Hurricanes, I could only credit 1C:Maddox as this mod consists on reworking stock files, not anyone else's. I didn't develop an already done project; I did a new mod from scratch, with all the respect to the mentioned author.

And just to clarify some described issues:
  • - This mod is suppose to work bug free over stock existing aircraft
    - These Sea Huricanes have their own dedicated cockpit interior; they don't share files into each other nor the other stock Hurris, so interior cockpit should look fine with no side effects
    - Sliding canopy works from the inside cockpit view as well, as good as the stock carrier aircraft
    - Default skins where adapted from the stock skins themselves, but with correct Royal Navy colors and painting shemes
    - Dedicated "Voids" where included so skinners can make specific skins, with proper texture of the new parts - the tailhook and the fuselage cut - on the very same skin texture file.
Enjoy the Sea Hurris, while I'm finishing similar concept to Sea Gladiator.

Do you ever sleep?.. Great work mate!

Cirx Wrote:Here is what I meant:
Hurricane mk 1:

[Image: hurri1.jpg]

And now seahurricanemk1:

[Image: seahurri.jpg]

As you can see the main panels are missing, as well as some stuff on the frame. Anybody else have this?
I'll take a look into this ASAP, eventhough you sort a way out using non-default cockpit textures, there might be someone who's not using that mod.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Hi Muas!

Congratulation for your new creation it's at top level again!

regards

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Hi Muas!
Beautiful, mate! I've been waiting for this version for ages. Thanks very much!
I must add that I have the same cockpit (gaps) as seen in above pics, if i had to post a screen, you would see just off-screen (below) of the screenshot above, there is a bit of a gap which allows me to look forward 'below' from inside the cockpit. Hopefully you can rectify that, as no doubt is will be an unfair advantage for those using it online...?? Should i post a screenshot? :?:

Cirx Wrote:
rossmum Wrote:I take it you're using 6DOF?

I could be wrong, but as a 3D modeller I'm quite certain that those faces were simply deleted because they wouldn't usually be seen (since Il-2 doesn't support 6DOF by default)... if you look at the guns in Counter-Strike for instance, some of them have the entire right side or stock deleted. It's a simple optimisation measure to make sure the game runs smoother, there's not much point drawing faces that will never be seen.

If you look around you'll probably see a lot of the same in other aircraft.

No, you misunderstand me I think. I only used 6dof to get lower in the cockpit to take a better pic of the panel. I am talking about the panel that the instrument faces are affixed onto. See, it is missing in the sea hurricane. Also missing is some skins of the cockpit frame above it (look on the frame itself). I am well aware of the holes in planes where one cannot usually look, but that is not the problem here at all :wink:
D'oh... I'll blame the dirty glasses for that one... :roll:

Coool Smile I like very much the MkIb Thanx for it! The sounds when you shut are great Smile