[VIDEO] Tutorial (3DS Max) Part 4; Basic Animations

Here is a tutorial covering basic animations. Remember to get your request's in! This video is a direct result of a request.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNlMleOwKUw

watching it rigth now..... :wink: keep on the good work :wink:

why? Animation isn't done in 3d.

IAF.116~Jagr Wrote:why? Animation isn't done in 3d.
Animation=movement in this case.

It's not: animation=cartoon

IAF.116~Jagr Wrote:why? Animation isn't done in 3d.

Tell that to Pixar Wink

For IL2, it may not be done IN max, but you still need to figure out IF IT WILL FIT, and make sure to get all the pivot points in place. Honestly, I never did any animations for any of my IL2 aircraft, I left that to Oleg's team, but it still needs to fit. And why not animate it? In FS2004 and FSX, all animations are done in 3DS.

BTW, these tutorials are for all modelers, but aimed at flight sim in general.

Because, for Il2, all you need to do mate is set the point of pivot on the Y axis, then do the rest with the classes Smile This point needs to be understood if you're making a model for this sim. Tis one of the C-U-Next-Tuesday-y-ist bits of the build.

However, in saying that, thank you for the tutorial Gibbage, it will be very useful in the near future Smile

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Because, for Il2, all you need to do mate is set the point of pivot on the Y axis, then do the rest with the classes Smile This point needs to be understood if you're making a model for this sim. Tis one of the C-U-Next-Tuesday-y-ist bits of the build.

However, in saying that, thank you for the tutorial Gibbage, it will be very useful in the near future Smile

Thanks. I will fix it in the notations that IL2 does not take Max animations. Its still useful for double checking fitment and rotation alignment.

Excellent tutorial - Many Thanks! Big Grin

Hawkers Big Grin