[MOD] Ki-43 Pack v1.015 *UPDATE*

:lol:
GREAT work JapanCat and friends.
big thanks and keep it up !!

JapanCat Wrote:Thank you very very much for your kindness.

I study English. I exert myself very much in the thing.
English is more difficult for me than "MOD" is made :lol:

You are doing both very well indeed. :wink:

Great work! Keep it up!

English is hard to speak, Japanese is hard to read. Kanji has more then 3000 characters. Its like having an alphabet with 3000 unique letters! But im learning Japanese from watching too much Anime Confusedhock:

Hi JapanCat!

Many thanks for your work!

hi :wink: I see you can make everything with meshes of il-2 models .... That's my old dream about il-2 models - DETAILED mesh ....Can you try to add some detailes on the models .... Rivets , antenas , balks ...that would be very intresting to increase the polygon numbers , to make visual models look amazing :wink: :wink: :wink: Thank you very much :wink: please try to make it ...I think that would be a fantastic visual result.

:!: :!: :!: ANOTHER IDEA :wink:

We have now one 1024x1024 texture for one plane . I know there is an oportynity to scale UV map for two 1024x1024 textures .... If you will make it - you are the resolution hero !!!

The picture would be like here - 2048x2048 size or mabe 4096x4096

[Image: 23945389.jpg] Please Try to make it!!! :wink:

Its simply not possible in IL2's engine. Two reasons, #1, polygon count is still rather low. The model your looking at is around 200,000 polygons, the models in IL2 are around 5000. #2, texture shaders. The rivits your looking at on the P-47 are normal maps. IL2 does not have normal mapping. Not even specular mapping! Its got a glossy, and a matte shader, and thats it.

Here is a model I did for FSX recently.

[Image: p-38_33.jpg]

Thats almost 300,000 polygons on 2 4096x4096 textures with both Specular mapping and Normal mapping for the rivits. We may be able to do some of this stuff in SOW, but NOT in IL2.

...and it only uses bump-mapping for the landscape, so no possibility to even fake rivets or other protrusions on aircraft surfaces or in the cockpit area. Sad

Thank you very much for your encouragement.

Bender_AS Wrote:hi :wink: I see you can make everything with meshes of il-2 models .... That's my old dream about il-2 models - DETAILED mesh ....Can you try to add some detailes on the models .... Rivets , antenas , balks ...that would be very intresting to increase the polygon numbers , to make visual models look amazing :wink: :wink: :wink: Thank you very much :wink: please try to make it ...I think that would be a fantastic visual result.

:!: :!: :!: ANOTHER IDEA :wink:

We have now one 1024x1024 texture for one plane . I know there is an oportynity to scale UV map for two 1024x1024 textures .... If you will make it - you are the resolution hero !!!

The picture would be like here - 2048x2048 size or mabe 4096x4096

Please Try to make it!!! :wink:

I have the same idea, too.
A test and inspection were done.

Big skin of more than 1024 can't be used in IL2.
When adjusting it in LOD, the number of the face may be possible.

The result isn't in yet.

A cord is being investigated to make it fine for us.
I'm thinking it becomes good when big skin and self shadow can be achieved.

Thank you very much. JapanCat

gibbage.... Yes i know about shaders in FSX , Your P-39 is good Confusedhock: But we can add some mesh not a bump map ...litle 3 polygon rivets....many rivets and etc. Or There are poligon limitation :?: :?: :?:

JapanCat ... Is there a string that attached skin file to the mesh , i know that airplane model consist of several parts and maby it's possible to attach 1024 texture to every detail Tongue :?:

3-poly rivets would not look very nice at all, even from a distance, and considering any one aircraft could have tens if not hundreds of thousands of them (reaching into the millions in many cases)... it'd absolutely destroy performance. It's not worth it for a dubious result, really the best we can do is work on getting skins as detailed as possible under the 1024x1024 limit.

gibbage Wrote:Well I can take comfort that you didnt find that many errors in my original model Wink Good job on the gun port fixes. Those were very hard to see how they were on the real aircraft. It was difficult for me to find photo's of the aircraft from above showing the gun ports. I relied on my 3 views that showed them. I also think I extended them forward a little more so I would not need to cut into the cowling, adding extra polygons. I was under a very strict polygon limit from Oleg.

I was surprised at excellent which is that.
That's when data of "Ki43" was seen.

The model of "Ki43" was wonderful.

rossmum Wrote:It's not worth it for a dubious result, really the best we can do is work on getting skins as detailed as possible under the 1024x1024 limit.
Maybe new aircraft can be skinned with 2 textures, both of size 1024x1024.

Only if you want half of it to be unskinable... in the traditional way, half would be a static skin.

Now, stop hijacking this thread and get back on topic.

JapanCat Wrote:I was surprised at excellent which is that.
That's when data of "Ki43" was seen.

The model of "Ki43" was wonderful.

ありがとう。 私は名誉を与えた。 悪い翻訳のために残念。