[WIP]IJN Mitsubishi A6M3 Update (inc 32,32kai,22,22ko)

[WIP]IJN Mitsubishi A6M3 Update (inc 32,32kai,22,22ko)

NEW SLOT Big Grin

三菱 零式艦上戦闘機三二型 「零式二号艦戦一型」

A6M3-32 and A6M3-32kai (ZEKE Type 32 /HAMP)

Type 32 is change only for setting of the tail hook.
Type 32 kai is equipped with 30mm machine gun.

[Image: A6M3-32.jpg]
A6M3-32 with arresting hook on CV

[Image: A6M3-32kai.jpg]
A6M3-32kai with 30mm canon as a experimental model.
This model was produced 5 at 1942 and provided only 2 to Rabaul,
but was never mass-produced.

三菱 零式艦上戦闘機二二型

A6M3-22 and A6M3a-22 (ZEKE Type 22)

[Image: A6M3-22.jpg]
Type-22

[Image: A6M3a-22ko.jpg]
Type-22a

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only for AAA genuine mod enabler and ACI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download

Because we give presentation in unified MOD pack soon, we stop Download now.
We are going to distribute it by the end of December.
Big Grin

viewtopic.php?t=23416
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Option:

If you install [MOD]A6M Pack v1.X *UPDATE*,

[Image: Gearb.jpg]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!:wink:

=台南工廠=
=Tainan-kosho=
Tainan technical and development department.

Flare
Mimi(Ryu)

Fantastic work, gentlemen!
Very happy to see more Japanese planes in the game! Big Grin Big Grin
Arigato! DOMO Arigato!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Sweet! Can't wait to try these out Big Grin Thank you so much guys for working on all of these very much needed japanese a/c!

Stunning mates!!!

Your mods production is awesome!!!!

I'can' thanks you enough!!!

cherrs

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Beautifull!!! I love the Kai. Big Grin

Very nice aircraft! 8)

Just one question: Is there a reason why the A6M3-32 does not have a 250kg bomb loadout like all other Zeros have!?

Oh and just a historical question: Why was the use of 30mm cannons on later Zeros abandoned? Would have been an incredibly powerful armament capable of tearing aircraft apart in the blink of an eye. Was it too heavy? Did it reduce overall performance by too much?

nice work m8 :wink:

Very nice indeed, thank you. Smile

Big Grin Thanks for this unexpected addition. It works great and I've been trying out the Kai in the QMB. The addition of the 30mm cannons make it possible to fight F6Fs and F4Us with a reasonable chance of success. They were probably considered bomber killing weapons (they even take down B-29s with a short burst), but they do give the Zero a fighting chance against the American Fighters. Just one or two hits and the American Fighters go down.

I would say we (the Americans) are lucky that this weapon did not become operational on a large number of Zeros. It seems so effective that it must have had some drawback when tested in operations (the five that were built). In the game it is totally effective.

Is the 30mm cannon a new weapon or is it used in another Japanese aircraft? I know the Ki-84c has a 30mm cannon ... is that the one used? In Japan during WWII it would be unlikely that a Army weapon would be used in a Navy plane ... there was just too much interservice rivalry to allow that to happen!

Thanks again for a great addition to the game. Next I'll have to try to land the A6M3 on a carrier ... Big Grin

Thanks for this addition to this game! Now i can make really effective attacks on US heavy bombers like the B17. The Overhead attack from the 12'o clock position is so much more effective now!

And i love anything with a tailhook lol!

Tooslow Wrote:Is the 30mm cannon a new weapon or is it used in another Japanese aircraft? I know the Ki-84c has a 30mm cannon ... is that the one used? In Japan during WWII it would be unlikely that a Army weapon would be used in a Navy plane ... there was just too much interservice rivalry to allow that to happen!.

Ingame it is the same cannon as seen on the Ki-84-Ic but in real life the A6M3-32Kai mounted the Type5 cannon while the Ki-84 mounted the Ho-155 cannon. I guess the two of them were reasonably similar so the use of the existing weapon appears justified!

Thanks Karaya, You said
Quote:Ingame it is the same cannon as seen on the Ki-84-Ic but in real life the A6M3-32Kai mounted the Type5 cannon while the Ki-84 mounted the Ho-155 cannon. I guess the two of them were reasonably similar so the use of the existing weapon appears justified!

Does the Type5 cannon imply that it was available in 1945? I got that using the same logic that the Zero that was used first in 1940 is a Type 0 fighter or is Type5 referring to something else?

My prayers have been answered, thank you. Big Grin

Thank you for this!

Awesome planes, thank you.

However, I can't seem to get the planes working against bombers. I tried the QMB Coral Sea map, against 4 TBM-3 Avengers. I hit fly, mission loads just fine, but as soon as I start flying the game freezes and gives me this:

[Image: 23k92ew.jpg]

Strange that I can fly without difficulties when I'm the only plane in the mission. (no enemy aircraft)

Anyway, thanks for the awesome planes!