[WIP]IJN Mitsubishi A6M3 Update (inc 32,32kai,22,22ko)

Karaya Wrote:Very nice aircraft! 8)

Just one question: Is there a reason why the A6M3-32 does not have a 250kg bomb loadout like all other Zeros have!?

Oh and just a historical question: Why was the use of 30mm cannons on later Zeros abandoned? Would have been an incredibly powerful armament capable of tearing aircraft apart in the blink of an eye. Was it too heavy? Did it reduce overall performance by too much?

Hi,
I am WingZero, a member of Tainan-Kosho.
I will try to explain of background for A6M3-32's armaments by historical trueth.

At first, we should say that A6M could not handle 250kg bomb until A6M7.
There is some possibility to be for Kamikaze by only field modification.
we can say also there might be some possibility of A6M3-32 which has been modified to handle such a bomb, but only for kamikaze attacking.
They could not "release" such bombs because they would attack enemy ships by themselves with bombs. They did not need to release them...
We think no one want to play A6Ms only for kamikaze attacking.

About 30mm cannon,
Imperial Japanese Navy(IJN) could not finish to develop 30mm cannon until the end of war. they could get only some proto types.
As you know well, IJN has been developing next fighter plane for A6M and used main resources for them.
It means if war was longer than real history and IJN could finish to develop 30mm, it was equiped for such NEW fighter planes or attacker planes.

Type2 30mm which was modified Elikon as proto type and made only few pieces has still problems of durability and mass-production, we guess.
It was very light though.

Type5 30mm was made as official model from other line up, but too late.
They were equipped to some night-fighter like "Gekko(Moon light)" for sevice, but they had many troubles.
They were planed to equip to Shinden(J7W1), Reppu(A7M), high-alt fighter planes(proto types), but war was end.

A6M3-32kai with 30mm is an experimental model which was realized as a proto type during the war.

This is the reason and historical background.
We hope it helps your enjoying our MOD.

[Image: ttd_bn.jpg]
The Tainan technical and development department

Dear Shidenkai , for me your explanation is excellent!!!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

straswa Wrote:Awesome planes, thank you.

However, I can't seem to get the planes working against bombers. I tried the QMB Coral Sea map, against 4 TBM-3 Avengers. I hit fly, mission loads just fine, but as soon as I start flying the game freezes and gives me this:

image Big Grin

Strange that I can fly without difficulties when I'm the only plane in the mission. (no enemy aircraft)

Anyway, thanks for the awesome planes!

I tested QMB,Coral Sea map,A6M3-32+TBM-3*4,
It does not reappear in this environment of UF1.1+1.1.1patch+Tainan Airplanes.

On combination with other planes, does your A6M3-32 generate a similar error?

Please describe here, that Version of MOD enabler and MOD which you added. :wink:

=台南工廠= =Tainan-kosho=
Tainan technical and development department.

straswa Wrote:Awesome planes, thank you.

However, I can't seem to get the planes working against bombers. I tried the QMB Coral Sea map, against 4 TBM-3 Avengers. I hit fly, mission loads just fine, but as soon as I start flying the game freezes and gives me this:

IMAGE OMITTED

Strange that I can fly without difficulties when I'm the only plane in the mission. (no enemy aircraft)

Anyway, thanks for the awesome planes!

Hi mate it's a strange message!

I think that if it was due some missing or corrupted files it will freeze the mission loading!

I ask you an obvious thing but.....have you tryed to fly the same mission with another japan plane?

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

I did fly the 2 birds in QMB against B 17 E, F and G without probs (besides taking a lot of .50;s from the F & G;s turning everything red!)

Your work is very welcomed and I hope your will fix some other planes when the time is right, maybe some german planes?

It looks like a great plane, my problem is that when I go to select the plane its not there. I've installed everything correctly, after all this isn't my first rodeo. So, all the files are in their right places i just don't know why I can't select the aircraft. I'm running 4.08 mods with the community installer, I haven't had any problems with aircraft installation, so I have no idea whats wrong. any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

glitter111 Wrote:I tested QMB,Coral Sea map,A6M3-32+TBM-3*4,
It does not reappear in this environment of UF1.1+1.1.1patch+Tainan Airplanes.

On combination with other planes, does your A6M3-32 generate a similar error?

Please describe here, that Version of MOD enabler and MOD which you added. :wink:

=台南工廠= =Tainan-kosho=

My mod enabler is the UI 1.1 if that helps. Although now that I mention it, I may be missing the most recent patch for the UI. I'll check it out.

Anyway, I recently tested the A6M3-32 and the Kai with other Japanese planes, with enemy bombers. No problems on the Pacific Islands, and Okinawa maps. Only Coral Sea gives me the error.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.

Option: :wink:
If you install [MOD]A6M Pack v1.X *UPDATE*,
viewtopic.php?t=12644
Mechanical Landing Gear indicator will appear on wing.

[Image: Gearb.jpg]

11th_AF_Sapper Wrote:It looks like a great plane, my problem is that when I go to select the plane its not there. I've installed everything correctly, after all this isn't my first rodeo. So, all the files are in their right places i just don't know why I can't select the aircraft. I'm running 4.08 mods with the community installer, I haven't had any problems with aircraft installation, so I have no idea whats wrong. any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

>my problem is that when I go to select the plane its not there.

If A6M3_32 does not appear on menu of your IL2,
Please check description of air.ini once. Big Grin
("air.ini" file in /MODS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects folder. )

I made as development environment,
409b1m+SFX0.6+MOD PACK]AAA AIRCRAFT MOD-PACK v2.7 *UPDATE* .
It isn't 408, but I try the operation check except UF1.1 in this environment.

=Tainan-kosho=
[Image: image009.jpg]

glitter111 Wrote:
11th_AF_Sapper Wrote:It looks like a great plane, my problem is that when I go to select the plane its not there. I've installed everything correctly, after all this isn't my first rodeo. So, all the files are in their right places i just don't know why I can't select the aircraft. I'm running 4.08 mods with the community installer, I haven't had any problems with aircraft installation, so I have no idea whats wrong. any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

>my problem is that when I go to select the plane its not there.

If A6M3_32 does not appear on menu of your IL2,
Please check description of air.ini once. Big Grin
("air.ini" file in /MODS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects folder. )

I made as development environment,
409b1m+SFX0.6+MOD PACK]AAA AIRCRAFT MOD-PACK v2.7 *UPDATE* .
It isn't 408, but I try the operation check except UF1.1 in this environment.

=Tainan-kosho=
[Image: image009.jpg]

Right, The text line is in the Air.ini, that was one of the 1st thing that I did. The one thing that I don't understand is "operation check except UF1.1," can you clarify what that means?

Anywho, thanks for the help!

11th_AF_Sapper Wrote:Right, The text line is in the Air.ini, that was one of the 1st thing that I did. The one thing that I don't understand is "operation check except UF1.1," can you clarify what that means?
Anywho, thanks for the help!
The sentence of the part is unnecessary.
It is a mistake when reprints it from my translation application. :wink:

This is a great addition... but wasn't this the Type 22 model that had these modifications, not the Type 32? Or did the Type 32 also go through all these?

I am thinking of the A6M3a and A6M3b (the first which was the navy's revert back to the Model 21 folding wing shape, and the second being the 30mm gun platform)

I am not sure anymore.. Did the model 32 also have these changes?

Hi mates!

The type 32 have the squared wing tips , short 20mm gun (and the 5 experimental have the 30mm)

The type 22 have rounded wing tips and 20mm with short barrels

The type 22 ko have the 20mm with the long barrels and muzzle

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Hi,

I am also somewhat confused about the experimental 30mm-cannon-version.

The only reference I was able to discover is in Shigeru Nohara