[WIP]Bf 110D-0 + D-0/B + D-3 + E

Very nice work indeed sir, very nice

OLORIN Wrote:GJ, Zorin!
Nice to see ur efforts to add missed mods of 110.

Few questions:
Are u sure about tail? AFAIK Bf-110D-0 were modifired from C-version. And they didn`t have enlarged tail (it apperars with D-3). Main difference from C-4 - 1200 liter fuel tank.

Also i didn`t see any photos with D-0/B (0_o).

Olorin,

All D model Bf-110s had extended tail for dingy storage(some E models did have short tail). As for the 1200 liter fuel tank, it was actually 1050 liters and only saw service on the D-0 (first production version). All this according to THE Bf-110 expert, John Vasco. Wink

Bf-110Ds of Erpr.Gr. 210 during BoB in flight.

[Image: 1-Bf-110D-EG210.1-(S9+BH)-over-the-Channel-1940-01.jpg]

Lead a/c with tail only showing in photo does have the short tail. It may be that this a/c is one of the twelve C-6 versions assigned to the Gruppe or it may be a simple C version.

Two points:

1. The Bf 110 D-0/B, S9+CK, in the skin shown at the start of this thread should have a black letter 'C'. The following is how the third character of the unit code was applied in Erprobungsgruppe 210: Stab - green; 1. Staffel-blue; 2. Staffel-black.

2. S9+PH was a 'C-6' variant with 1./Erpr. Gr. 210 and so correctly had the standard rear fuselage. The Flugbuch of Lt. Eric Beudel of 1./210 confirms this.

See my post in the other thread about the 'D' and the extended rear fuselage.

Hope this helps.

John Vasco

Mr. Vasco

It's an honour can write with you!

I have purchesed your photobook about the 110 and , like writed in the other tread you refere , now I agree completely with the long tail of all the D series , I had old reference and none photo evidence that even the D0 had the long tail, but the photo you post in the other tread , showing a D with the belly tank and the long tail is better than an hundered of words!!

I make you my best congratulation for your book that is an amazing source for skins and draws!

my best regards mr.

Solito Walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Thanks Walter, your kind comments are appreciated.

I said in my previous post in this thread that the letter 'C' in the unit code S9+CK was black. Here are photos showing that it was black.

Note also the style of lettering of the code:

And here's a good view of the Erprobungsgruppe 210 emblem:

Hope these photos help.

John Vasco

Berlin is asking questions! when will this variant be ready to be employed on the front lines?

Kind Regards

Venatore.

Ja!

Zorins Zerst

Hey Zorin,

Since you are already working on the Bf110D, is there any chance you might be interested in fixing the Bf110G-2 propellor spinners? I believe the 1C originals are slightly the wrong shape / smaller diameter than on the real thing. Then again, I may just be seeing things.

Thanks,

Fafnir_6

P.S. I used the search function and didn't find anything relating to this in AAA.

As soon as I get my Laptop back I shall look into that for you Fafnir.

According to the shop it will only be another five weeks.... :evil:

Hello,

Thank you for the speedy response! I have done a little looking into this myself, comparing resized in-game screenshots with Bf110G blueprints. The Perspective of the front and side screenshots makes the small spinners harder to see, but the difference is VERY evident in the top view (to the tune of 70-80% smaller diameter!). I've been flying the Bf110G-2 quite a bit recently (offline campaign) and this is just bugging me!. I'll see if I can get the pics hosted somewhere and post them here. I'm afraid both the Bf110G-2 and the Bf110G-4 are affected.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Here you are! Note the small spinners and how the engine nacelles taper significantly on the game Bf110G but not on the blueprint.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

I read years ago that the Bf 110 series used standard '109 spinners - Emil spinners on early versions (often uncapped) and 109 F/G series spinners on later versions, nearly always capped (ie no central hole for a coaxial cannon).

@Username: You may be right. I read that the DB605 engine nacelles on the Bf110G were fitted with Me210 spinners. In either case, I think you'll agree that our current Bf110G spinners DO NOT match either of these. To me, the in-game ones more closely resemble He111 Spinners (smaller diameter and pointy profile). Extant Bf110F and Bf110G airframes in museums all show the large spinners as well.

Check the /German/Messerschmitt/Bf110 page on http://preservedaxisaircraft.com/

On a side note, I remembered posting about this issue on the UBIzoo back when the Bf110G came out in IL-2FB. I looked it up in the archives...the post was dated Aug 15, 2003. Nobody paid any attention to me though, since that predated modding of the modern sort by 5 years or so and 1C was too busy with other work to be bothered.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

I really love all these 2-mot airplanes, capabel of dogfighting AND heavy armed enough to pound ground (ans sea-) targets.

Did You make any progress with this plane ??

Doc