[MOD] Desert map retextured

.... THX a lot Viking, I did as you said but the thing is, if Ectoflyer indeed created a texture named

"Ect_des_moun_text0.tga" , he doesn't use it in his load .ini ....

So I guess I must have misunderstood you, or do I have to rename ALL the .tga files used in the load.ini adding "fields" at the end or only a few of them ?? ( and then which ones?)

Sorry for beeing that "dumb" :oops:

add _fields to the name of ANY texture you do not want trees to appear on. -viking

THX a lot, NOW I get it !! :lol:

Have VPMedia's retextured map installed, but do have the default red mountain texture in appearing the distance.

Here

This looks like a GREAT map. I will have to give it a try and fly on it tomorrow.
Thanks so much for creating it. Looks fabulous by the look of the screenshots. Big Grin

BTW - where can I find VPMedias version of this re-textured map, I also want to try his map too.
These two versions are way better than the original Sands of Time ... sort of like comparing
LAra Croft from what she looked like in Tombraider 1 back in 1995 to what she looks like now! LOL
AAHAHAHAHAHA!

Congratulations on a Fine Job. Your an Artist! I will take a few screenshots for you.

max_thehitman Wrote:where can I find VPMedias version of this re-textured map, I also want to try his map too.

Hi max!
I'm glad you like this little variation. In _Tex folder there are also textures not used, and probably some I used look better if attributed to another entry...it's possible to try with different load.ini.
There are also two textures, Ect_Campi1 & Ect_Campi4, that fit very well with maps like the channel or bob. The liitle size of my textures is for avoiding flickering phenomena in huge maps and/or with old graphic cards.

You can find vpmedia version, and all his other fantastic work, in his own website: www.vpmedia.eu/il2 :wink:

Almenas, I compared my load.ini with yours and don't see any difference. And VPMedia's sandsoftime works without any trouble on my PC.
Maybe you pasted the folder 'sandsoftime'to the wrong place? The install should be like this:
IL2 root folder\Mods\MAPMODS\maps\sandsoftime

almenas Wrote:Have VPMedia's retextured map installed, but do have the default red mountain texture in appearing the distance[...]Is there a way to chage this?
Thanks for help
Almenas,
could you detail please which is your situation with installs and what you want to do?
if it's just to change mountains appearance it's what my version does: give it a chance... :wink:

Hi Ectoflyer,

I changed to VPMedia's retextured map, but in the distance there are still the red default mountains visible as you can see it in the screenshot. Not sure if this is correct. Have same effect with your version.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2525/grab0000p.jpg

Many thanks for help.

almenas Wrote:Have same effect with your version.

Hi Almenas!
that effect disappears if you run the map with "perfect" visual settings instead of "excellent"

That brown effect comes from the map_F which was probably never updated when this older map was retextured. You can edit it to have more complementary colors with the retextured map. And true, it is only applicable in less than perfect settings. -viking

That

Ectoflyer Wrote:
max_thehitman Wrote:where can I find VPMedias version of this re-textured map, I also want to try his map too.

Hi max!
I'm glad you like this little variation. In _Tex folder there are also textures not used, and probably some I used look better if attributed to another entry...it's possible to try with different load.ini.
There are also two textures, Ect_Campi1 & Ect_Campi4, that fit very well with maps like the channel or bob. The liitle size of my textures is for avoiding flickering phenomena in huge maps and/or with old graphic cards.

You can find vpmedia version, and all his other fantastic work, in his own website: www.vpmedia.eu/il2 :wink:

Thanks very much Ectoflyer for your fast reply and info.
I like your map just as it is. I will add a number of bases on it to make it come to life.
I will use your map instead, it has the right texture and look.
Thanks very much for this wonderful and very artsy creation. Your TOP-GUN!! Big Grin

Real Africa

Good work