[BETA] Fairey Swordfish Mk I

Never mind stupid me didn't read the same Question in an earlier post :oops:
problem solved

Grazie tanto...che bella! Forza le spade...

When developing further may we have the torpedo sighting bar across the cabane struts, please?

Hi been a while .

Thought it time to catch up and start installing some of the newer stuff.

So I d'l'd swordfish, 3.8 installer cut and paste the necessary and I get to 60% loading - drops back to 55 and ctd.

any suggestions?

Still on original sound mod here (thats ooption 1 on dos screen for installer)

~S~

Doh!! Nvm installed to my backup in error - bust me down to nuub will ya.

superb aircraft ty

Am using the "Beta 3" Swordfish version. There may be a problem with taxiing the Swordfish onboard carriers with any ordnance loadout with wings folded. Using the "Illustrious," I can taxi forward (i.e., to the catapult) with wings extended while carrying ordnance, but with the wings folded the plane merely noses over.

Have tried the plane with both the 5_2 and 5_3_3 carrier catapult mods and the same thing occurs. You can taxi with wings folded with "default" or "empty" loadouts, but with any ordnance onboard, it noses over. I don't have any AI mod installed, and always disable any other "catapult" or "carrier takeoff" mods other than the one I'm using.

AI planes seem to have no problem taxiing and launching from the cat with any ordnance loadout, but it doesn't seem to work for player-manned planes. Anyone else have this problem?

I seem to be having an issue, the plane simply doesn't exist in the game for me, I installed per instructions, any help???

Correction, made a silly error on my part, I've fixed, really liking the plane thanks....

I installed beta Version 2 and made 2 missions with the Swordfish for online coop play in HyperLobby. Both missions loaded and worked there without difficulty.

I then installed Version 3 by extracting it directly into my IL-2 root folder as stated in the readme file. Since Version 3 adds new squadrons to the MOD regiment file found at IL-2\MODS\STD\com\PaintSchemes\regiments.ini, I modified my 2 missions in mission builder to use some newly added squadron numbers more appropriate to the 2 missions.

When I went back on HL to play them, the 2 missions loaded to 100% but would not then bring up the briefing page for either mission. All of the other missions that I created for use in HL continued to work properly.

Through trial and error, I was able to determine that the newly added squadron numbers were the problem. When I changed back to squadron numbers in mission builder that came with the original game, both missions loaded to the briefng page and worked properly again.

I do not know if this is a problem with off line missions.

Hopefully this problem can be corrected without removing the new squadron numbers.

Flagman

Can someone please tell me what to do with the buttons file?

Where do I put put it and what what files do I need? :???:

Oh yeah its a very nice plane.

I skimmed through 21 pages of postings so I may have missed it, but in any case I was wondering what to name the folder for skins for this wonderful new addition?

And is there a template for the Swordfish?

If ever a new addition that cries out for hacks, this plane has got to be it ...

SwordfishMkI for skin folder

The Royal Navy is born at last. I dL'd the Swordfish and had a ball. They sank a sub and flew after the enemy aircraft too. These are quite good aircraft. Its a real good addition.

THANKS

GeneralPsycho Wrote:also why upload to a site where you have to register?

I really hate to say this, but I do not want to have anymore spam
I cant even register!

Is there an estimated date for release of the final version?

t

When it's done, I suppose.

Boris The Spider Wrote:
*DZR*Chimanov Wrote:...Here you have some screenies during a torpedo run against a german Battleship:

http://dzrforum.creatuforo.com/aqu-temas3042.html#3042

S!
WOW! Looking through the other pages of that thread I found some truly EXCELLENT screenshots that make cool wallpaper. Really nice stuff!

Thanks mate, i'm glad you like them Boris; here you have some more from "SWORDFISH-MANIA"

http://dzrforum.creatuforo.com/5-tema30 ... c&start=40

And a few more, sexy looking screenshots, from a cooperative campaign we are flying, supporting the *CHE* revolution :mrgreen:

http://dzrforum.creatuforo.com/6-tema30 ... c&start=50

S!

Unfortunately, I won't get to use this beautiful plane. Cry

I don't speak Italian, and I'm totally lost. I see a button that says "regiszta-something...", which is obviously to register, and it brings me to a picture of Bart Simpson? :???: Not a joke, it really does. And there is no form or anything. Looks like some sort of ad. So I dunno... Guess I won't be playing with it... Cry