[BETA] Fairey Swordfish Mk I

Ahhh.... I see your problem Balders.

Go re-install the game but do not patch to 4.09 from the IL2 web site. That is the latest patch and will not work with the AAA unified installer (yet)

Install and patch to 4.08m, then apply the 4.09b (beta).

Install the unified installer found here in the forum (Version 1.2). You will not need to use the 3.8 buttons file this way as the FM for the Swordfish was included in this new unified installer.

Install the Swordfish mod into your MODS folder and cut and paste the associated text lines into the STD folder for the following files, just as the readme says to do:

air.ini
plane_ru.properties
weapons_ru.properties

Explaination: When the Swordfish Beta 3 mod was completed, the Unified Installer ver 1.2 had not yet been made available. So a change to the "buttons" file (the file that the original game creator decided to hide the flight model for IL2) was needed to incorporate the new plane with it's new flight model.

The creative guys here at AAA decided to include several planes that were not completed graphically, but were completed for flight model purposes so that as they became available, they could be added without the need of the tricky "buttons" file and without a completely new unified installer.

Thus, when adding the Swordfish, all the instructions are correct with the exception of adding the 3.8 buttons file.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit for you. If any of these steps are incorrect, I also hope that someone will chime in with the correct procedure, but that said, I believe my instructions are up to date.

Let us know more about this project of yours, it sounds very interesting! Are you planning on making some sort of movie for entertainment, or a project for a history related class? The bombing at Taranto was a significant victory for the Allies! The use of the Diavolisi built Swordfish will give you an excellent presentation as the exterior model of the aircraft is wonderful!

Big Grin

Magnifico lavoro!

Spero vedere qualche aereo Italiano in futuro. Di quelli meno noti... logico, se avete tempo...

Intanto Grazie Mille per lo Stringbag. Una lacuna finalmente riempita.

Just acquired this with HSFX and having some fun with it. Just one request for the cockpit please can you add a direction indicator or radio compass? Carriers carried a beacon so their aircraft could find their way home across the ocean and having a WP on the landing CV simulates this nicely, so long as there's a cockpit readout. One of the 3 crew was an observer (RN for navigator) part of whose job it was to tune and DF signals from such beacons. Apparently the Swordfish sqns in the hunt for Bismark had ASV radar, so WPs on target ships could simulate info from that if it could be displayed in cockpit. In some ways it may have been antiquated, but in others it seems way ahead of its time. Hunting for Bismark with ASV in 41 compares favourably with the sometimes fruitless visual searches being carried out by both sides in the Pacific a year later at Midway.

Anyway, much appreciated mod, but a DF needle would make for some more realistic oceanic navigation :wink:

omg i was registering on the site to download this, so hard because i dont read Italian =P

hello avous all my probleme voila j ai download Fairey Swordfish but cokpit all pink and therefore impossible to see ahead?? :o

Sad
HELP !!
still cant see outa my cockpit. It has a great big ugly coloured thing right across the windscreen ..
and now I have tried to diddle the tga's I cant get into the pit at all :???:

ANY NEWS on updated internals for swordfish ???

ta
SHarkzz

RAF_Sharkzz Wrote:Sad
HELP !!
still cant see outa my cockpit. It has a great big ugly coloured thing right across the windscreen ..
and now I have tried to diddle the tga's I cant get into the pit at all :???:

ANY NEWS on updated internals for swordfish ???

ta
SHarkzz

I had that problem. Change your display settings to High

How do I name the Skins folder?

CPS.fraggmann Wrote:How do I name the Skins folder?
In my Ultrapack 2.0 install the skin folder is named " SwordfishMkI"

Thanks..but Im using U.I.1.2

Same name in 1.2 fraggmann Big Grin

Thanks Gents.

I can't register... any other link plz? :-?

Big Grin This is a beauty even I manage to make it work. Thx a lot for that plane with an exelent cockpit.
I enjoyd it now for several hours, all i need now is the bismark to sink it with :lol:

There is one thing i did not notice in all my fun, in cockpit wiew there are 4 tubes tu many in frontwiew. they are not attatched to the fuselage only to the wings. Obscuring the wiew a great deal.
U proberly know about it already.
I can sertanly live with it.
This is just great

I've had great fun with this mod - one of the best additions to the game I've seen. Many thanks to those involved.

However......all it is missing depth charges and rockets. Then it would be perfect as oppossed to excellent!