[BETA] Fairey Swordfish Mk I

The beta version of the Fairey Swordfish MkI is now available for public beta testing!
Thanks to the AAA team, it has been made compatible with AAA UI 1.1. and AAA a/c installer 3.8. It will also be included in further versions of the installer, to keep compatibility.

[Image: 24-5162-2091-8281.jpg]

[Image: 27-4040-8318-3196.jpg]

The download is available here:

http://www.diavolirossi.net

Link to download page;

http://www.diavolirossi.net/index.php/r ... aerei.html

you will need to register to diavolirossi.net site, to be able to download the model.

We thank the AAA team to allow external link of a mod into this forum, and to allow the mod to be compatible with AAA UI. This has been done to assure availbility to all users without any problem of compatibility.

The 3D model has been made by 6Sc.Tamat; the import, java classes coding and FM were made by 6S.Maraz

This version is compatible with AAA Unified Installer 1.1 and AAA a/c Installer 3.8 or subsequent versions.
(thanks to AAA modding team, see http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum).

This is a beta version, it's not the final product. so we ask all users to accept it as is now, the final version will come soon.
We decided to release this playable beta version to get feedback or bug reports from users, and to increase playability of the
IL-2 game by adding a new a/c model, though unfinished.

This beta version has not finished original cockpits: the pilot's cockpit is taken from I-16, while the gunner's cockpit is a very rough version of the original Swordfish gunner's cockpit. The skin of this aircraft is a beta version too.

For the rest, the model is completed and playable. It has full ordnance, including torpedoes, various types of bombs and illuminating flares (these are dropped using the weapons3 key).

The rear gun has two positions: stowed and deployed (ready to fire). The gun automatically deploys when there are enemy aircraft, ships or vehicles around, and stowes again when the threat is away. Can also be deployed/stowed by the player using the airbrake key.

The aircraft has arrestor hook, folding wings and automatically deployed wing slats.

Installation:

1) download and install AAA aircraft installer 3.8 (or the latest version of AAA installer), courtesy AAA:
(The link is inoperative)

2) unzip the content of the rar file into your IL-2-1946 root folder

3) add the following line to your air.ini file (to be found under MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects)
Code:
SwordfishMkI      air.Swordfish1 1                     NOINFO   gb01 SUMMER
4) add the following line to your plane_ru.properties file (to be found under MODS\STD\i18n)
Code:
SwordfishMkI         Swordfish Mk I, 1936
4) add the following lines to your weapons_ru.properties file (to be found under MODS\STD\i18n)

Code:
#####################################################################
# Swordfish MkI
#####################################################################
SwordfishMkI.default                   Default
SwordfishMkI.1_1xTorpedo               1 x Torpedo
SwordfishMkI.2_3x500lb                 3 x 500 lb bombs  
SwordfishMkI.3_1x500lb+4x250lb         1 x 500 lb + 4 x 250 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.4_1x500lb+8x100lb         1 x 500 lb + 8 x 100 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.5_3x500lb+8xflare         3 x 500 lb bombs + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.6_1xtorpedo+8xflare       1 x Torpedo + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.7_1x500lb+4x250lb+8xflare 1 x 500 lb + 4 x 250 lb bombs + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.none               Empty
5) enjoy ! Smile

Any Pics?

also why upload to a site where you have to register?

I really hate to say this, but I do not want to have anymore spam

Thanks Maraz it is wonderful Big Grin Big Grin

Brilliant -- Downloading now.

GeneralPsycho Wrote:also why upload to a site where you have to register?

So they can keep a list of who downloaded the Beta and know who's using it at any given time, in order to prevent model theft.

Thanks a lot Maraz ! That's a plane we've all been aching to see in the sim !

Cheers

Nico

can not find it :?

Good to see this here, I'm hopeful the site partnership can open doors for much more for the community.

Howlin; http://www.diavolirossi.net/index.php/r ... aerei.html

GeneralPsycho Wrote:also why upload to a site where you have to register?

People complain that we don't allow linking to other sites, and the first time we do... :roll:

Sorry may be I am too stupid but I cannot find where to download the file......

Boris The Spider Wrote:Any Pics?

Pics added for you Maraz Smile

r4xm - see the link in my post directly above your's....

Perhaps this was one of the 'secret' things the 3.8 installer was made for. :twisted:

Looks good, installing now - thanks!

rossmum Wrote:Perhaps this was one of the 'secret' things the 3.8 installer was made for. :twisted:

Yes indeedy.

Not good idea with this links.... Cry

downloading now, very nice, have been looking forward to this one, thanks so much. Big Grin

Hi'
Didn't have any luck either Sad
ColaBen