[Beta] GB Gladiator Cockpits***Update 24/06***

New dedicated GB Gladiator cockpit created. The J8A is unaffected and remains Finnish.

http://rapidshare.com/files/254190526/GB...ckpits.zip (English Dials & lettering only version)

****Make sure that you have the Gladiators made flyable installed & also have the beautiful new SeaGladiator by Muas****

Unzip on desktop & drop Folder '01-Gladiator Mk I, II & SeaGladiator GB Cockpit' into MODS folder

Labelling altered to English & Gauges recalibratd & changed:-

Fuel (Gals)
Altimeter (feet) (second hand added for Thousands of feet)
Climb & Dive indicator (feet)
Speedometer (Knots (KIAS)

(The Altimeter is an unusual configuration but does read Ok.)

Temp & pressure gauges do still read in metric.
(Your particular aircraft is obviously a cancelled export!)

Made compatible with Muas SeaGladiator so that cockpit opens. (This is really easy to alter also for the MKI & MKII but I didn't because unless everyone has this, it may cause online weirdness)

I altered the bare minimum I could as the J8A cockpit was already one of the nicest cockpits in game.

The class file structure is in place now anyhow if any talented cockpit artists wish to do a complete work over.

***Update 24/06 ***

http://rapidshare.com/files/254190527/GB...sight_.zip (MkII Baker sight + English Dials & lettering)

MkII Baker reflector sight added in place of the Finnish Revi.

Available as separate download. Two Do/D1 versions so you should see damage as with the Revi. I had to use the later baker from the Beaufighter (as only the later ones have the damage possibility..)

[Image: Gladiator-Cockpit.jpg]

I think it looks ok but am not absolutely sold on it (...hence the seperate download.)

*** Note:- if you replace the pricel.tga texture included with the one from the SpitfireMkI cockpit it looks much better !

p.s:- Thanks to AVALA for some of these textures.

Can we see some pics please?

It'll be nice being able to fly it as a 'british' gladiator for once. Thank you very much. Smile

Many thanks... dowloading...

upload some pictures please :wink:

Davidson Wrote:upload some pictures please :wink:

Yes; pics please :wink:

It doesn't look all that differant in a screenshot:-

Its a J8A cockpit ... with an GB reflector sight, lettering and the described instruments changed to GB.(and java rewritten to make them read correctly in the correct new units.)

You have to be in it to appreciate the difference.

Nice mod! It's very amazing fly british Gladiators with british gauges. Big Grin

Very nice to have these.

[Image: NewGladPit.jpg]

[Image: NGP.jpg]

We made same work :wink: But yours is better Big Grin

Lovely, as a finishing touch it would be nice to see the gunsight changed, i made a request in another topic, hopefully we'll see that too soon.

I wish I knew how to do this stuff ?? I used to produce and post loads of new panels in CFS but dont even know where to begin with IL2 - that aside great stuff m8!

Great work, Charlie Chap! I was hoping somebody would do this. Well done. Big Grin

Superior addition Charlie Chap.

Thank you.

Kopfdorfer

Many thanks indeed!

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]