[MOD] Openable Canopy for Spitfire MkI *UPDATE*

Just tried it out - works brilliantly, although I'll give you bonus points if you can get the working side-door in as well!

The non-sequential code letters are brilliant, if possible I would LOVE to see all RAF aircraft have them eventually - starting with the 'most' major ones (other Spits, Hurricanes, Tempests, Mossies, Beaus etc.) and the newer releases.

Great work!
It's great when you can open canopy, the immersion doubles itself.

great work lad, as someone else says before, it would be nice to have this feature in all RAF and other planes

Regards

Potz

Thank you so much for this. It makes a difference.

About the non-sequential lettering, as a mission builder, this brings up a pet peeve I have of the game regarding RAF squadrons. Is it possible to have the game just add the 2 letter squadron code and leave the 3rd individual ac letter to be handled by a mod like yours for all ac?

Bloody marvelous! thanks awfully ol' chap! Smile

Thanks Maus, great addition.

Sulla Wrote:Thank you so much for this. It makes a difference.

About the non-sequential lettering, as a mission builder, this brings up a pet peeve I have of the game regarding RAF squadrons. Is it possible to have the game just add the 2 letter squadron code and leave the 3rd individual ac letter to be handled by a mod like yours for all ac?
If I understand your question, you're asking if this kind of non sequencial "plane in squadron" letter can be used in other XX-X fuselage markings style aircraft, the answer is yes.

In this particular case, I used fixed non sequencial "plane in squadron" codes. That means aircraft #1 will be "E", #2 will be "R", #3 will be "N" and so on... these characters are programmed in the code. The first 2 charecters will be the squadron codes currently game generated, on user squadron choice.

For this I had to use a specific codes scheme which is used only by the SpitMkI.

One can add specific code schemes to other aircraft with diferent letter sequences, or even randomly generated, cool huh?

Just don't ask me about side effects on CRT as this approach means adding more files to the structure...

That's the beauty of an open source code sim like this, which is all about handling files and programming. With a bunch of competent 3D and 2D artists, programmers, and a bit (or a lot) of spare time, we can do (almost) everything we want... everything...

Works like a charm tho!

Great!! These are thew kinds ofd immersion adding mods tat I really like. Now if only I can get one for the Mustangs & Jugs...........

Wonderful MOD! Big Grin

Thank you muchly Muas.

Hi all! Is there another DL site. I can not access this one.
It's being blocked by the network I'm using. I don't know
why, but it is. Thanks.

zerobaby

zerobaby Wrote:Hi all! Is there another DL site. I can not access this one.
It's being blocked by the network I'm using. I don't know
why, but it is. Thanks.

zerobaby
Alternative download link added.

Very nicely done. I always grieved the loss of the opening canopy in the Spit and Tempest.
Cor! There's a thought... Maybe the opening canopy could be added to those two new-slot Tempests. Tongue

Thank you very much!
good work! I love to openthe canopy in ever plane Tongue I don't know why

regards