[MOD] Openable Canopy for Spitfire MkI *UPDATE*

Hey Muas, this sounds like a great mod, thanks.

Being an online flyer can you please tell me if there would be issues if i had this mod in and the host didn't or vice versa?

Aussie Pilot Wrote:Hey Muas, this sounds like a great mod, thanks.

Being an online flyer can you please tell me if there would be issues if i had this mod in and the host didn't or vice versa?

As with any other mods of this kind, "you'll see what you'll have installed" that is, you'll be able to open your canopy but other pilots if they don't have the mod they will see it closed. The server must have the mod installed too.

I'm also very curious to know what happen on CRT protected servers, cause I don't know if it will follow the check. Anyway, best is to to try it out.

It would be great to have it installed on a ded server and have a bunch of people to try it out.

Thank you very much for this mod ! been needing it for some time now, makes me so happy
i could just cry Cry ...... :lol:

Thanks a lot Muas, but I have a problem:
This MOD collides with your Sea Hurricane MOD. It makes my Sea Hurris have no roundels or lettering.

If possible, can you fix this?
Also, can someone find out if its not just me?

Thanks.

Muas Wrote:
Aussie Pilot Wrote:Hey Muas, this sounds like a great mod, thanks.

As with any other mods of this kind, "you'll see what you'll have installed" that is, you'll be able to open your canopy but other pilots if they don't have the mod they will see it closed. The server must have the mod installed too.

I'm also very curious to know what happen on CRT protected servers, cause I don't know if it will follow the check. Anyway, best is to to try it out.

It would be great to have it installed on a ded server and have a bunch of people to try it out.

Hey Maus, i flew online with this mod last night and not all those including the host had the mod and it worked just fine with no miss matching. Thanks.

Rodeschild, you are not missing the roundels on the sea hurris, they never came with any. They came with big yellow circle's on the side with the intension of the user flying with the "Markings on" switched on in the game. When you do this it looks how it should do. Try it and see.
It works fine in my game.

Aussie Pilot Wrote:Hey Muas, i flew online with this mod last night and not all those including the host had the mod and it worked just fine with no miss matching. Thanks.
Now that's very good news. Wink

2 Muas

It seems to me, I have found out a small bug in this MOD. If the engine is damaged, and glass is splashed by oil, at opening of a canopy the glass texture remains on a place :???:

[Image: Openable_Canopy_for_Spitfire_MkI_bug_01.jpg]

[Image: Openable_Canopy_for_Spitfire_MkI_bug_02.jpg]

There are only two types of aircraft - fighters and targets 8)

[Image: deSAD.jpg]

deSAD Wrote:2 MuasIt seems to me, I have found out a small bug in this MOD. If the engine is damaged, and glass is splashed by oil, at opening of a canopy the glass texture remains on a place :???:
Yes, that is indeed right, and I have it already fixed for a next update to be released soon.

Muas Wrote:Yes, that is indeed right, and I have it already fixed for a next update to be released soon.
Thx for your work :cheers:

There are only two types of aircraft - fighters and targets 8)

[Image: deSAD.jpg]

v1.10 UPDATE released featuring:
  • - Corrected windscreen oil stains model
    - Corrected canopy bullet holes bug

I know it is a stupid question, but how do you open the canopy?

Thanks.

Bob Holmes, in the game open the Control menu and scroll about halfway down to find "Open/Close Canopy " and assign a key to it.

Thank you.

@ Aussie Pilot - I have tried the Sea Hurricane and have not experienced the problem you mentioned. Maybe try reinstalling it?

No1_Charlie Wrote:@ Aussie Pilot - I have tried the Sea Hurricane and have not experienced the problem you mentioned. Maybe try reinstalling it?

G'day, No1, i don't have a problem with the Sea Hurri, it was Rodeschild having some skins issues, but thanks anyway.