Useful tool: FPS Limiter v0.2

Eckhart Wrote:Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

You made my day!!!

It works and together with Gamebooster 1.1 it establish some smoothness never seen before!!! Smile Smile Smile

Bye bye microstutter just when you engage the ennemy!

A little question: how can I switch off the FPS counter which shows up in the upper left corner?

Many thanks for this nice idea!!! I encourage everybody to use it. Hopefully we can get it to work with HL one day... :wink:

Cheers,

Eckhart

I'm glad it works well for you. Smile

It can probably be made to work with HL by creating an executable (using, say, AutoHotkey) which lauches IL2 with the FPS limiter (you'd then point HL at that executable instead of pointing it at IL2 directly).

The FPS counter should be off by default. Re-check my last message and make sure you got the shortcut right (I edited the message shortly after I posted it, sorry). If your shortcut is definitely right, try putting /x:OFF in the command line; that turns off the FPS counter (but it shouldn't really be needed because the FPS counter is off by default). If that fails, you can just press F12 in-game to turn off the FPS counter.

Make sure you read the FPS Limiter readme. Wink

It seems to me that the program does not work...

Just press SHIFT+TAB and then type 'fps START SHOW' and compare with the green "NEW FPS ..." when pressing F12...

:lol:

Oops, I made a mistake before... F12 will actually increase the desired FPS limit. F10 is the key that shows/hides the FPS counter. Sorry about that.

r4xm Wrote:It seems to me that the program does not work...

Just press SHIFT+TAB and then type 'fps START SHOW' and compare with the green "NEW FPS ..." when pressing F12...

:lol:

Hmm, on my machine fps START SHOW confirms that the program is working correctly. FRAPS also confirms it.

Onelifecrisis, thanks for reply!

I will check with F10.

Anyway, thank you for sharing us this program! Smile

No, it doesn't work for me.... Sad

As original link is dead, I found a new link for whoever might be interested :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzggw2zmym

Thanks crazy, I put it in the first post to be with all the info on it.

DEutschmark