[MOD] *NEW* Slot A/C & Wpn (Ki-43 Series)(2.0)

OK, all is well, if you have the Tainan ki43 mod installed it changes the visual appearance of all k143s installed.

Great work all 'round, thanks for the new toys.

All,

I probably need to make a clarification about my mods, but I think Forager understood. The objective is as stated in the post:

"... small mods that aim to add new aircraft to the sim which have weapon additions but are in new slots, this way updated models of many of the existing types can be updated, without changing the original models, thus avoiding cheating and compromise of flight model and weapons."

I program... I am not a graphics designer, and I have a very limited time to work on this, which makes the possibility of me working with another team very hard. I have been observing the IL-2 community for years, and I know many people wanted to take the existing models and add some very basic capabilities to them which were not added after requests.

Before I start getting involved in other modding I would like to really concentrate on releasing these mods with the skills I can offer. So any mod I release is not in competition with anyone else's... some of these mods I created over a year ago and shared with no one (and I mean exactly that), and only got around to converting them to an "AAA" acceptable method last week.

When I first came to this site, MrJolly told me his first objective was making the AI planes flyable with cockpits, and he stuck with that goal, as a result IL-2 1946 is much more now that a couple of years back. I'd like to concentrate on my modest objective, then who knows... Big Grin

But just to clarify, Tainan's projects are awesome... and since my mods use the existing resources within IL-2, if you install their mods (improved graphics planes and weapons), as long as they are improvements on the existing planes and not new slots, then you can install my mod and theirs, and you will simply have a better looking Ki-43 with their improved graphics...

So I think you already have what you are asking...

Cool?

Thank you for these excellent mods!

What can we expect next?

Can i make a request? I think you are the right modder to answer to this thread i made a couple of months ago Danzigzag Big Grin
Please take a look if you are interested:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...highlight=

BF-109 F4 Wrote:Can i make a request? I think you are the right modder to answer to this thread i made a couple of months ago Danzigzag Big Grin
Please take a look if you are interested:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...highlight=

Yes, I made this very mod you are talking about for the Wildcat FM-2, problem is that I am not a 3D graphics designer, and the model for the FM-2 can only handle one pylon as currently designed... so what I did was I can load 3 salvos of 2 missiles, however only one shows up at a time, and when you launche the last one then you are empty... but no 3 displays... I am sure Ranwers could come up with a better solution... If people would like my current FM-2 I can look for it in the hard drive, and then convert it... but it is not too pretty because you cannot have the 6 all at the same time displayed.

to the people asking if the mod can be combined with the Tainan team's, it should be an easy fix. you should be able to just copy the.msh files from the Tainan group's mod, and paste them into the relevant folders of this mod. i.e. copy all the .msh and the hier.him files in the 3do/plane/KI-43-Ia(ja) folder in the tainan mod folder, and then just paste them into the folder for the KI-43-Ia folder for this mod, and do the same for all of the other a/c.

*edit, I just read Forager's post above, So I guess mine wasn't needed...

Jaypack44 Wrote:to the people asking if the mod can be combined with the Tainan team's, it should be an easy fix. you should be able to just copy the.msh files from the Tainan group's mod, and paste them into the relevant folders of this mod. i.e. copy all the .msh and the hier.him files in the 3do/plane/KI-43-Ia(ja) folder in the tainan mod folder, and then just paste them into the folder for the KI-43-Ia folder for this mod, and do the same for all of the other a/c.

It may create problems. As I understand the Ki-43 project only enhances the meshes. Install the Tainan, and install my mod separately. And it will all work together, no need to merge mesh folders. I am using a modified mesh definition.

As long as their Ki-43s are in the original slots, it is that simple... you will have the original Ki-43's with their improved meshes, and because how I wrote this mod, you will have my Ki-43s with additional loads, using the Tainan meshes.

ok, thanks for clarifying danzig, I hadn't DL'ed the mod when I wrote that, so I wasn't sure how it worked. Thanks for the mod by the way, as a 99% Pacific flyer, anything that has to do with that theater is a definite must-have for me Big Grin

Thanks for these.........Yet might it be possible to also add into the ordnance the air to air bombs (gravity drop, incindiary phosphorous) which were used from New Guinea on?

[Image: airbomb.jpg]

[Image: arielbomb.jpg]

[Image: Phosphorousbomb.jpg]

[Image: air2air.jpg]

K2

If someone creates that aerial bomb, I'll add it to the ordinance in the Ki-43s...