[MOD] *NEW* Slot A/C (Recon:Yak9 & Bf109)(3.0) *Fixed*

[MOD] *NEW* Slot A/C & Wpn (Yak-9 & Bf109 Recon) (3.0)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Attention: New Slot Only)

UberDemon is hosting all danzigzag MODs.

This is the THIRD of a series of small mods that aim to add new aircraft to the sim which have weapon additions but are in new slots, this way updated models of many of the existing types can be updated, without changing the original models, thus avoiding cheating and compromise of flight model and weapons.

*UPDATE* I do apologize for this. I fixed Bf-109G-8 reticle conversion - if you installed it, re-download, unzip and overwrite "DZZ_NewSlotWpnMods"folder into the MODS folder.

Below are the previous releases (which are separate):
#1.0 (The link is inoperative) (IL-2I, IL-2T)
#2.0 (The link is inoperative) (Ki-43 Series)

In this release (3.0), the following mods are included:

* Bf-109F-5 Recon-Fighter *New* [NEW SLOT]
* Bf-109F-6 Recon-Fighter *New* [NEW SLOT]
* Bf-109G-8 Recon/Multi-Role-Fighter *New* [NEW SLOT]
* Yak-9R Long Range Recon-Fighter *New* [NEW SLOT]
* BONUS: Bf-109F2/U1 (Adolph Galland) *New* [NEW SLOT]

Reconnaissance Fighters
=======================
Recon fighters always get left out... yet they provided outstanding service, being the aerial eyes of tacticcal intelligence for every country that used them. This pack features these often forgotten planes, which were less armed, and often faster than their fully loaded counter-parts.

[Image: dzzmod_bf109f5.jpg]
Bf-109F-5 Reconnaissance Fighter
================================
The Bf-109F-5 was a tactical recon fighter based on the Bf-109F-4. It had the nose cannon removed to reduce weight, but retained the two machine-guns for self-defense, or possibly downing an unprepared or weaker oponent... even strafing soft targets. It could carry a drop tank for additional range. This MOD has the drop tank as a load capability. (Reference: Robert Grinsell's "Messerschmitt Bf-109")

[Image: dzzmod_bf109f6.jpg]
Bf-109F-6 Reconnaissance Fighter
The Bf-109F-6 was also based on the F-4 frame, but unlike the F-5, it had a camera in a different location, and it had NO weapons... it was a pure recon plane. It was able to carry a drop tank for additional range, and this MOD reflects that. On the other hand, the lack of guns allowed for slightly better performance - as in speed to get away... (Reference: Grinsell)

[Image: dzzmod_bf109g8.jpg]
Bf-109G-8 Reconnaissance Fighter
The G-8 was originally developed from the late series G-6 fighter as a tactical reconnaissance fighter with the two machine-guns removed to reduce weight, but retaining the nose cannon for self-defense, and some limited attack capability. Other sources mentioned that an option was to have the cannon removed, and retaining the two machine-guns. For that reason, both approaches are included in this MOD. The G-8 was still a very capable frame, and retained all the capabilities for field kits. The G-8 could be fitted with the ETC 500 XIb for R1 configuration, as well as the R3 drop tank and R6 wing mounted cannons. I have included some interesting and unusual combinations, since the G-8 could be used as a tactical bomber-recon-fighter, and a powerful destroyer with its wing guns. (References: Joachim Dressel & Manfred Griehl's "The Luftwaffe Album", and Grinsell) The weapon configs include:

* Nose cannon only
* Machine-guns only
* R1: SC250 or SC500 (plus nose cannon or nose machine guns)
* R3: Drop Tank (plus nose cannon or nose machine guns)
* R6: Wing Cannons (plus nose cannon or nose machine guns)
* R1R6: Wing cannons, SC250 or SC500 (plus nose cannon or nose machine guns)
* R3R6: Wing cannons, drop tank (plus nose cannon or nose machine guns)

[Image: dzzmod_yak9r.jpg]
Yak-9R Long Range Reconnaissance Fighter
========================================
The Yak-9 was a flexible and respected series of fighters, and there were numerous variants. The Yak-9 included the potential for a reconnaissance fighter, so experiments with the original Yak-9 were done by adding a camera to it. Eventually the Yak-9D long range fighter was converted for long range reconnaissance. Only the nose cannon was retained for armament, with the machine-gun deleted to save weight. 35 Yak-9Rs were produced in the summer of 1943 and were tested operationally by the 48th Guards Air Regiment. It was fast but its armament was found to be insufficient. (As it is the case with most recon planes.) (Reference: Yefim Gordon & Dmitri Khazanov's "Soviet Combat Aircraft of the Second World War")

[Image: dzzmod_bf109f2u1.jpg]
* BONUS: Bf-109F2/U1 Fighter (Adolph Galland)
=============================================
Adolph Galland may be the most important fighter pilot from Germany in World War Two. He considered the F series of the Bf-109 to be a "retro-grade", lacking the firepower needed to do the job, despite the aerodynamic advances. Galland had two F series converted for his own use in order to increase firepower. The first one, featured in this MOD, was an F-2 with the MG-17s replaced by the 13mm MG131s. The second version, or U2 is not featured here, but had E-like wing cannons. Although not produced in series, this is an interesting variation on the F-2, and I included several kits, to include the unlikely R1R6 combination of bomb and gondola cannon for "special missions" or fictitious scenarios. (Reference: John Weal's "Bf-109F/G/K Aces of the Western Front") The weapon configs include:

* Default nose gun + 2MG131 machine-guns in nose
* R1: SC250 bomb
* R3: Drop tank
* R6: gondola cannons
* R1R6: bomb+gondola cannons
* R3R6: drop tank + gondola cannons

I hope you enjoy these planes as much as I do.

Installation
==================
air.ini = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\air.ini
plane_ru.properties = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\i18n\plane_ru.properties
weapons_ru.properties = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\i18n\weapons_ru.properties

(Attention: You must already have the MODS folder and wrapper.dll installed and functional.)

DOWNLOAD Here:
* DZZ Mod 3.0

1) Unzip file dzz_modv0030.zip

2) Copy the "PaintSchemes" folder into the IL-2 1946 installation folder (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\) Click OK to overwrite, because you will not overwrite anything, as the folders are new.

3) Copy the "DZZ_NewSlotWpnMods"folder into the MODS folder (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS) Click OK to overwrite. (Note: This will not overwrite earlier DZZ mods)

4) In "air.ini" add lines below (suggest adding each below original aircraft):
Code:
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod  air.BF_109F2U1_DZZ 2               NOINFO  g01   WINTER
Bf-109F-5_DZZMod     air.BF_109F5_DZZ 2                 NOINFO  g01   WINTER
Bf-109F-6_DZZMod     air.BF_109F6_DZZ 2                 NOINFO  g01   WINTER
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod     air.BF_109G8_DZZ 2                 NOINFO  g01   WINTER
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod   air.YAK_9RLR_DZZ 1                    NOINFO  r01   SUMMER
5) In "plane_ru.properties" add lines below (suggest adding each below original aircraft):
Code:
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod  Bf-109F-2/U1 'Galland', 1941
Bf-109F-5_DZZMod     Bf-109F-5 Recon, 1942
Bf-109F-6_DZZMod     Bf-109F-6 Recon, 1942
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod     Bf-109G-8 Recon, 1943
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod      Yak-9R Long Range, 1943

6) In "weapons_ru.properties" add following:
Code:
#####################################################################
# Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod.default             Default
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod.R1                  R1: 1xSC 250
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod.R3                  R3: 1xType D Droptank
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod.R6                  R6: 2xMG 151/20 Gunpods
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod.R1R6                R1R6: MG 151/20 Pods+SC250
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod.R3R6                R3R6: MG 151/20 Pods+Droptank
Bf-109F-2_U1_DZZMod.none                Empty

# Bf-109F-5_DZZMod
Bf-109F-5_DZZMod.default                Default
Bf-109F-5_DZZMod.R3                     R3: 1xType D Droptank
Bf-109F-5_DZZMod.none                   Empty

# Bf-109F-6_DZZMod
Bf-109F-6_DZZMod.default                Default
Bf-109F-6_DZZMod.R3                     R3: 1xType D Droptank
Bf-109F-6_DZZMod.none                   Empty

# Bf-109G-8_DZZMod
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.default             Default (Nose Cannon Only)
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1                  R1: 1xSC250+Nose Cannon
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1H                 R1: 1xSC500+Nose Cannon
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R3                  R3: 1xDroptank+Nose Cannon
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R6                  R6: MG151/20 Gunpods+Nose Cannon
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1R6                R1R6: MG151/20Pods+SC250+Nose Cannon
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1R6H               R1R6: MG151/20Pods+SC500+Nose Cannon
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R3R6                R3R6: MG151/20Pods+Droptank+Nose Cannon
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.mgonly              Nose MGs Only
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1v2                R1: 1xSC250+Nose MGs
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1Hv2               R1: 1xSC500+Nose MGs
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R3v2                R3: 1xDroptank+Nose MGs
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R6v2                R6: MG151/20 Gunpods+Nose MGs
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1R6v2              R1R6: MG151/20Pods+SC250+Nose MGs
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R1R6Hv2             R1R6: MG151/20Pods+SC500+Nose MGs
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.R3R6v2              R3R6: MG151/20Pods+Droptank+Nose MGs
Bf-109G-8_DZZMod.none                Empty

# Yak-9RLR_DZZMod
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod.default                        Default
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod.none                           Empty
7) Run the latest AC Installer from AAA (3.8)

8) Start IL-2 1946 and enjoy!

Best Regards

This is COOL, great job Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thank you m8!!

Thanks m8 8)

[Image: catpongaq4.gif]

Thanks for the mods. Small question though, are you sure Galland had MG131's mounted in the nose? The reason the G-6 had the bulges is because the MG131 feeder system didn't fit the standard cowling.

Thank you! At the G-8 collided with a problem. Weapons do not shoot properly. Sad
On the other aircraft do not have problems Smile

[Image: wroB4VpCn7.jpg]

Gallad had a special version with the MG131 in place of the MG17.
The cowling had 2 small bulge.

Thx, great work!!!

Very nice work, thanks!! Big Grin

S!

Finland had 2 Bf109G-8's and basically only difference to normal Bf109G-6's we had there was only the camera windows in the rear fuselage. The plane had all other equipment as an ordinary Bf109G-6 and no performance difference. So there might have been a lot of variation within a series of planes.

Great work on all this. I'm only interested in installing Galland's F-2/U1. How do I go about doing this? There is not folder labeled F-2/U1 that I can simply drop in the MODS folder. Thanks in advance for assistance.

Anto Wrote:Thanks for the mods. Small question though, are you sure Galland had MG131's mounted in the nose? The reason the G-6 had the bulges is because the MG131 feeder system didn't fit the standard cowling.

Anto,

Yes, as stated by OberstDanjeje, it had very small bulges, not as big as in the G series. I am not a graphic designer, so I did not change that, however the MGs work as advertised.

You can take a look at the plane here: http://www.ipmsusa2.org/reviews2/aircraf...bf109f.htm

Here is a quote from the same site:

[quote]Oberst Adolf Galland, always the thinker and innovator, decided to improve his personal aircraft, and did so by increasing the armament. After flying a standard Bf-109F-2, he modified w/nr 6748 by adding two 13mm MG 131

sid198205 Wrote:Thank you! At the G-8 collided with a problem. Weapons do not shoot properly. Sad
On the other aircraft do not have problems Smile

sid198205,

What was exactly the problem?

Could be that you are using one of the default loads, which means you only have the nose cannon OR nose MGs, but not both... also look at which triggers you are pulling to make them shoot (joy button 1 or 2). I tried all the weapon configs and they seem to be working at least on my machine for the G-8.

BaronFel181 Wrote:Great work on all this. I'm only interested in installing Galland's F-2/U1. How do I go about doing this? There is not folder labeled F-2/U1 that I can simply drop in the MODS folder. Thanks in advance for assistance.

BaronFel181,

Sorry, I am making a combined package because it is simpler to distribute. I have combined all previous releases in one package in my workstation. These will be submitted in the next UI as a single addition, so if you install the next UI, all the undesired planes in this package may be there anyway (if I submit all in time.)

There is a problem with the weapons on the G8

Both MGs, cannon and pods all converge not on the centre of the aimpoint, but on the second hash mark up from the centre.

It's only on the G8

All,

I apologize for the error. Please re-download, unzip and overwrite as indicated in the edited "original" post. All is well now and guns converge in the middle of the gun sight.