[MOD] Boeing P26 Peashooter Now Available.

Salute ALL hi ;-)

Am using 1 lod, the plane and damage model is total of 17,266 polys,
I had 32 of them in quick mission with no frame lost and my PC is not the best,
3.5 ADM, 2 gigs RAM, GF 7600GS with 512.

Deutschmark
WW1 Project Member.

Intel PIV 2800, 1gb RAM, Radeon 9600.........FPS dive.

S!

Salute ALL hi :wink:

So are you saying I should add in 1 or 2 more lods?
I can do that in the update.
Any one else having a frame issue? tell me now before the update is done please.

Deutschmark
WW1 Project Member.

Deutschmark Wrote:So are you saying I should add in 1 or 2 more lods?

I can not ask you to do that. Only I have that problem.
If can

Could the FPS issue have something to do with the odd "Clear Vbuf" and "Clear Ibuf" + some number warnings I get frequently in the console when P-26 shadow in visible? The central fuselage shadow disappears when those two warnings appear, and after a few seconds the shadow comes back for about one second just to disappear again with those warnings. Also there are some lighting or normal issues under the wings (left aileron and inner wings behind landing gears).

Salute ALL hi ;-)

Birdman Wrote:Could the FPS issue have something to do with the odd "Clear Vbuf" and "Clear Ibuf" + some number warnings I get frequently in the console when P-26 shadow in visible? The central fuselage shadow disappears when those two warnings appear, and after a few seconds the shadow comes back for about one second just to disappear again with those warnings. Also there are some lighting or normal issues under the wings (left aileron and inner wings behind landing gears).

The shadow is under 2500 polys there is a max in the game of 3000, when it was
Up around 3000 it was doing the same on my PC now being under 2500 it has stopped
I was told it could be video card related, on all the PC

Deutschmark Wrote:Salute ALL hi ;-)

[quote="Birdman"]Could the FPS issue have something to do with the odd "Clear Vbuf" and "Clear Ibuf" + some number warnings I get frequently in the console when P-26 shadow in visible? The central fuselage shadow disappears when those two warnings appear, and after a few seconds the shadow comes back for about one second just to disappear again with those warnings. Also there are some lighting or normal issues under the wings (left aileron and inner wings behind landing gears).

The shadow is under 2500 polys there is a max in the game of 3000, when it was
Up around 3000 it was doing the same on my PC now being under 2500 it has stopped
I was told it could be video card related, on all the PC

Friction Wrote:The model itself follows the amount of polygons that Oleg specified for IL-2 models, and the shadow is actually a little under that amount. So in my opinion, you can not blame DM for your PC's shortcomings.

Do you know how the LOD system works?

I don

Quote:Sounds like it's about time to upgrade your pc. I have about the same stats as DM's PC, and I have seen no framerate issues. I've had quick missions with 32 P-26's, and everything is fine.

The model itself follows the amount of polygons that Oleg specified for IL-2 models, and the shadow is actually a little under that amount. So in my opinion, you can not blame DM for your PC's shortcomings.

Regards
Friction

Flatiken has a very valid point here actually.

The LOD system should reduce load/improve performance considerably if implimented fully.
This is not just about whether or not someone has an old PC.

I know that DM has some really great future projects lined up, so to find the perfect working methods now seems like a really good idea...

....and Flatiken is not just some 'guy' with a crappy PC... HE PROBABLY KNOWS as much about this as anybody .
(having made an xtremely good SeaFury, F9F2 and F84 imported from Max into il2 in just the same way ...)

I would think it a GREAT thing if the two of them co-operated actually and shared their ideas...both know a huge amount about this and we would ALL really benefit from their co-operation and sharing of knowledge.

Friction Wrote:Let's not turn this into some sort of argument, Flak. Yes, I know how LOD's work.

My point is, your PC sounds rather old, and is having problems for some reason. It might be time to upgrade you know? No need to get defensive. It seems that most the people that downloaded the P26 are having no problems with it.

Regards

You are right, I

Hi'
Got it installed o.k. But it killed my USB Stick (had to re-calibrate) why ??
ColaBen

Salute ALL hi ;-)

ColaBen Wrote:Hi'
Got it installed o.k. But it killed my USB Stick (had to re-calibrate) why ??
ColaBen

There is NOTHING in that planes download that would kill your USB stick.

Deutschmark
WW1 Project Member.

While testing the plane yesterday on the Phillipine Map I also faced a sudden freeze due to overload, while understanding the need for the details please consider also playability and user that don't have high end machines

Thank you and congratulation for you work

Salute ALL hi ;-)

fdelre Wrote:While testing the plane yesterday on the Phillipine Map I also faced a sudden freeze due to overload, while understanding the need for the details please consider also playability and user that don't have high end machines

Thank you and congratulation for you work

LOD

I have loaded this Plane and have no problems what so ever. ITs a HOOT to fly much FUNNNNNN! Big Grin