[MOD] *NEW* Slot A/C & Wpn (Fw-190F-8 & G-8) (8.0)

about the MK 103 loadouts: the FW-190F/G are supposed to be ground attack aircrafts, why do this gunpods have the normal loadout with mostly high explosive (HE) rounds? i would think they would have more armor piercing rounds(AP) because anti tank duty is the main reason for these 30mm guns?!
maybe you can change it into something like AP-AP-HE or AP only or add one MK103 (AP only) loadout or is this hardcoded?
this would make them tankdestroyer in the first place, something i am badly missing to do with the FW190 on east front! what do you guys think?

bearcat83 Wrote:about the MK 103 loadouts: the FW-190F/G are supposed to be ground attack aircrafts, why do this gunpods have the normal loadout with mostly high explosive (HE) rounds? i would think they would have more armor piercing rounds(AP) because anti tank duty is the main reason for these 30mm guns?!
maybe you can change it into something like AP-AP-HE or AP only or add one MK103 (AP only) loadout or is this hardcoded?
this would make them tankdestroyer in the first place, something i am badly missing to do with the FW190 on east front! what do you guys think?

That's a very good idea in my opinion! I don't really know what the ammo loadout was on the MK-103 for antitank duties historically, but it can't be far from your suggestions. One problem will be encountered tho - by the time the MK-103 becomes available on Fw190, all russian tanks on the front are tough as hell, being very hard to destroy even with antitank stuka, and not very easy even with a Hs-129 with that 75mm cannon!

i found this: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/ ... un-am.html

" 30 mm high-velocity (MK 101, MK 103)
1 Sprenggranatpatrone L'Spur o. Zerl -> means(HE)
1 Minengescho

I've always wondered about this. It would be nice to see some historical references on it.

[quote]MK103 30mm tungsten-carbide core armour-piercing tracer, with additional incendiary effect, for use against heavy tanks. Not self-destructive.

Muzzle-velocity: 960m/sec
Penetration: 70mm armour plater at 60

so hopefully we

Goblin Wrote:Thank you for the mod Danzi, only problem I've this plane shown in game WITHOUT CANOPY :-?

Please take alook at my mod 7.0 thread at http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...hp?t=19058

There may be a conflicting mod... not sure why because I have all the mods installed and it seems to work ok on my PC... does the original F-8 show that behavior? what mods do you have?

hope you get it going...

viewtopic.php?t=19058&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

... original F-8 not showing that behavior, I've tested this on "clean" 4.08 and "clean" 4.08+Fw-190D11&13 and "clean" U@P v 1.7 instalation :???:

Hmmm.... I am at a loss. I have ran into some problems during my latest attempt with a different plane... I will look into this but at this moment I don't have an estimate of the time... have some family issues at the moment that are taking 100% of my time.

First of all I would like to say thank you "danzigzag" for those amazing new slots planes. Really good ones.

IMHO, I guess the problem with missing canopies on Fw190D9 and F8 are due DZZ uses bubble canopy.
I have 2 installs here: UI111 and UP 1.7. In UI111 it works fine no problem at all, I don't have flat canopy installed on it. But I got missing canopy in UP1.7, it uses flat canopy. I'm so sorry but I'm newbie to try to solve that.

Another little note on the Fw-190 Mk 103 trials: they were not considered successful due to poor accuracy achieved with the combination.

Strafe Wrote:... I'm so sorry but I'm newbie to try to solve that.
Ha, It looks like "problem of mod standarisation"
http://il2ultrapack.net46.net/index.php ... 405.0.html
So... still waiting for F-8/G-8 Canopy :roll:

you don't need the MK103 to make a good tank destroyer out of the 190, the Panzerblitz rockets should be perfect. except when i tried this mod the T34 were invulnerable to them even though according to a pilot that used them, two rockets were sufficient to knock out a T34 and a whole salvo to defeat an IS2

Imp Wrote:you don't need the MK103 to make a good tank destroyer out of the 190, the Panzerblitz rockets should be perfect. except when i tried this mod the T34 were invulnerable to them even though according to a pilot that used them, two rockets were sufficient to knock out a T34 and a whole salvo to defeat an IS2

It says the BRS-82 "graphics" are used as a sub for Panzerblitz II. If the damage model is also used, its penetration would be less than half that of the Panzerblitz system.

viewtopic.php?p=252865#252865

I have a unexpected problem with the spinner...please check.