[mod] semireal AAA on Tanks and Vehicles

All German tanks and most allied tanks have a crew of five, so if two ran why would the tank stop?

aaa2010 Wrote:I WANT THIS MOD ! THE LINK IS DEAD PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

[Image: caps-lock.jpg]

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rather than running from tank when it is moving....perhaps it would be better if men run from all tanks...after they are destroyed

Perhaps also you could stop tanks using their main guns to shoot at aircraft, during ww2 it was not done as a rule, although on rare occasions it did happen, in game it is way too easy to be shot down by a tanks main.

Saburo Sakai Wrote:Perhaps also you could stop tanks using their main guns to shoot at aircraft, during ww2 it was not done as a rule, although on rare occasions it did happen, in game it is way too easy to be shot down by a tanks main.

+1

Freiwillige Wrote:All German tanks and most allied tanks have a crew of five, so if two ran why would the tank stop?

AAA has about 4-9 humans...but...so many humans will be down FPS and set freezes in game Smile

Saburo Sakai Wrote:Perhaps also you could stop tanks using their main guns to shoot at aircraft, during ww2 it was not done as a rule, although on rare occasions it did happen, in game it is way too easy to be shot down by a tanks main.

i think about it....but it isn't so simple in codding, as in words.i have some works, but i havent free time to it, so work is paused on a very very long time((

Freiwillige Wrote:All German tanks and most allied tanks have a crew of five, so if two ran why would the tank stop?

Because the driver and two other crew remained in the tank (hence the reason it is still moving). Wink

ROSOBORONEXPORTCORP Wrote:

Because the driver and two other crew remained in the tank (hence the reason it is still moving). Wink

I believe that was the point that Freiwillige was making.

Well Done Zloy!

Don't belittle your developments. As far as I am concerned, AI behaviour makes at least as much difference to immersion as visual mods.
Further, the fact that you have got tanks sensitive to cloud presence implies that the same might be done with AI aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to check this out.

Kopfdorfer

Any improvement to the absolutely ridiculous Uber AI in this game is much needed and appreciated. I have a couple questions.
#1- Will these mods work seamlessly with UI1.2?
#2- If so, will they change language from English to Cyrillic? I speak/read English so that would be an issue since I finally have my game "mostly" patched back to English after the UI1.2 mod install.
#3- Can anything be done about the enemy AI pilots never blacking out, never running out of ammo or fuel, always trimmed perfectly, never overheating, never disengaging etc etc etc.?
#4- Can anything be done about the so-called Friendly AI doing nothing but taking your kills at all cost while letting you be shot to pieces from the rear while never running out of ammo, never running out of fuel, never blacking out, never disengaging your targets until they've taken ALL kills etc etc etc.?
This game could be absolutely fantastic if someone with the proper knowledge would fix the deplorable AI and make it more user friendly. I really don't know what the dev's were thinking when they came up with this exercise in futility. The entire single player game is programmed completely for the AI while your only mission as the Purchaser and Player is to fly around playing follow the leader while they shoot down every enemy on the map in seconds.
Your mods listed here are a step in the right direction and if they can be used with UI1.2 I will most definitely be installing them in short order but it's a shame no one has addressed the Pilot Ai's and all that is wrong with them.
I tried the only AI mod I could find on this site but it just made the enemy AI even harder to defeat and also they tended to stay in the plane when hit rather than bailing out ensuring that the Friendly AI would steal them right out of in front of you every single time. At least the pre-mod pilots usually bailed out when hit sufficiently thereby causing friendly AI's to disengage. This is the only time they will leave your kill alone.
And don't even get me started on Enemy AI Gunners. They're just pathetically perfect under all conditions and that's just absurd.
I don't know if you can do anything but I and I'm sure a lot of others would greatly appreciate it if something were done to improve these ridiculous AI issues.

Ballistic, this mod concerns itself only with the behavior of anti-aircraft guns and tanks. There is a mod done by Certificate that affects behavior of AI aircraft. It's available here at AAA as a separate mod and it's also included in both HSFX and UP packs.

Quote:"Murph"]Ballistic, this mod concerns itself only with the behavior of anti-aircraft guns and tanks. There is a mod done by Certificate that affects behavior of AI aircraft. It's available here at AAA as a separate mod and it's also included in both HSFX and UP packs.
Yes I realize it's for the ground AI but it seemed reasonable to ask if he would be able to work on the Pilot AI also.
As I stated previously I tried the AI mod you mentioned and for me personally it just complicated things even more so I didn't re-install it although I'm glad to see any effort to improve the AI . If I had the ability I would have done it long ago but unfortunately I'm not modularly capable so to speak.
I would still like to know if these Ground AI mods work with UI2.1 since that's what I have installed as well as many other people. If so I would definitely install them since the ground AI is another serious problem.
Also, could someone elaborate on these HSFX and UP packs? And would they work with UI1.2? Thank You for any information and thank you Murph for your reply.

dead links

I just PMd him to have him come fix the links.

Deutschmark

thank you deutschmark Smile