QMB mission and quicks file for Benghalli map

Hello gents,

I aimed at one freakish project: Adding as many palmtrees to this QM by fabianfred as possible without losing my mind. :lol:

So I started with the Fang Island and literally covered the dunes and the beach with palms. Way too much, but fun to watch.
Checked RL references from the Pacific area. Wanted to plant the palms mainly between the beach and the forest on the hills.
Turned out this was a bit too much, prone to the dreadded popup tree effect, so I cut that off at Benghalli and concentrated basically on one smaller area there.
For Te-Ney Island I planted palms all over the lagoon and in much less denser numbers all around this island. Same (much lesser density) around Widows Tit.

Skulls got an extra treatment, not as dense as on Fang island but LOTS of palms, also gave this one more of those on the hills and a big bunch in the lagoon.

In addition, I added lots of birds at surprise locations. You need this wonderful mod for that:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29391&hilit=Vas+Birds+smoke+mod

But the mission will run even without that!

I added another carrier for fun and no purpose.

Did this for 4.09m. But it should be doable for 4.101m as well, will check that this weekend.

Downsides:

Looong load times. You can cook a tea and smoke a palmtree in the loadtime.
Estimated +- 100.000 palmtrees added. TBH I have no idea, used the "palms x5" method for each click. :lol:
No claim to be more authentical than Avala's great map--I believe indeed his version without trees is more realistically, this is for immersion only.

There are areas which look pretty cool with the palms and others where I, well...too much yet fun to see.. But I gave my best.
Once you're over the takeoff base you should be fine..expect another FPS drop at one smaller western part of Benghalli.
I added the backup version as well.

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/?j4rp289l8s8l0tl

Avala's map:
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=20474

Some screens:

[Image: grab0001-11.jpg]

[Image: 091120115-17-14.jpg]

[Image: 091120115-16-40.jpg]

[Image: 091120115-18-24.jpg]

[Image: 091120115-29-24.jpg]

Confusedhock:
[Image: grab0007-9.jpg]

[Image: grab0005-8.jpg]

very nice am sure many will enjoy this. Smile
Thank you.

Deutschmark

Tom,

I like it because many tropical areas are loaded with palm trees. Your trees are well placed.

Smile

Fireskull

Thanks, gentlemen. You can also open the new BenghalliRedNone00.mis, save it as e.g. BenghalliAirbase00.mis and insert the backup BenghalliRedNone00.mis in the folders and order mentioned above-then you would have both, the stock and the modded version. Of course any Quick mission name like e.g. BenghalliRedArmor.00 will do it.

I just see I have this mission as well in DBW aka 4.101m, so I will check if it works there or if I just placed it there planless a few months ago. :OO

Tom

I just saw this map is already in DBW and the Quick mission BenghalliRedNone00.mis worked easily with and without the birds mod.
So whatever 4.101m pack you run, just put the BenghalliRedNone.mis in the default Quick mission(s) folder(s) for that version

No issues loading it.

Cheers

Tom