[MOD] zip_Alpen Second Edition Part I

The mods are eating memory for breakfast, so when installed a lot of them, my Alpen map may stutter or even don't load. So i splitted it to a more practically size of not more than 300 * 300 km. Part I includes the western Alpen region:

[Image: zipalpenwest.jpg]

Download it here:

http://www.filefront.com/14624373/mods.zip

Installation:

Expand the zip
Throw the expanded "mod" folder in your games main directory
EDIT: Zipping doubled the folder "mods", so throw the folder "mods" within the expanded folder into the games main folder and not the whole expanded folder, sorry for that.

If it's not already there, add the following line into the all.ini (..\mods\mapmods\maps\):

zip_Alpen_west zip_Alpen/zip_Alpen_west_load.ini

I added a few airports to reduce flight distances, but didn't make other major changes. As far i remember, the map uses only 4.09b standard objects.

If you already have installed the zip_Alpen map, some files in the existing zip_Alpen folder will be overwritten, but i think you will not need them anymore and this dosn't affect the existing Alpen east map.

Part III, the eastern part including Vienna to a little part of the Adriatic sea, will follow tomorow (i hope), part II with the middle Alpen region in a few days.

I still play the first full version of your Alpen map. Including France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. Big Grin
Great map!
Thanx for wasting my free time! :wink:

thank you very, very much!

this is most welcomed! Smile

I haven't been able to load the map until now.
Thank you very much for the update. Big Grin

Lovely ZipZap.
Now its more sutable for online gaming.
Ty so much.
S

... thanks for this

much appreciated Big Grin

Z

Zipzapp; Any chance of getting you to put the zip in a folder called something other than "Mods"? I can't download without having it overwrite other files in my download folder. Perhaps "AlpenI/Mods/etc..."?

when to download make your own folder with other name then download it to that folder. then you wont have a conflict and you will also have a place to unpack it if you like me prefer manual install!Smile