TIB: 29.11 ANDALUCIA BETA AVAILABLE!!

I really love how this map looks with the textures and populating. The Spanish campaign is new to me but with these new maps I'd surely love to fly over them. However, there is one thing that stands out and that's the highways. Did this area have paved highways like that back in the 1930's-40's? I don't know, but it seems roads through the countryside would be unpaved and Slovakia type country roads would be better to use. What is your opinion on this?

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

farang65 Wrote:Hi Kapteeni,

Map looks great.

Are the textures Agracier's Spain textures?.

Your lucky your not dealing with jungle as I am.

Looking forward to downloading the map.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun
Yeah. Making jungles is PITA!
Those textures and whole landscape is made by Agracier. I'm just populating it with Agracier. This is our second map and we are still learning how to cooperate. This will be a beautifull map, be sure. It is not 100% historically or geographically correct, but anyways it feels like Spain when you fly over it. Locations and terrain is like they were, but roads and railroads are more or less based to modern roads. So there will be too modern Higways and small country roads due IL2 limitations. Aloso in real there were not that many airfields (at least for my knowledge) on than our map. Gibraltar and Granada cities are not based to real maps and of course they are smaller than in real.
But that same goes with all the default and most of the modded maps too. There were no Higways in Finland and very few in Europe at that time, but there they are in most of the IL maps. But if you dont like the roads and our cities, all you need to do is grab a B-29 with that new Atomic Bomb mod(looks beautifull )= no worries about " Wrong or porked Gibraltar)

EDIT: I think that we can release Beta very soon. Like next weekend if airfield testing goes well!
We will update screenshots ASAP.

CzechTexan Wrote:I really love how this map looks with the textures and populating. The Spanish campaign is new to me but with these new maps I'd surely love to fly over them. However, there is one thing that stands out and that's the highways. Did this area have paved highways like that back in the 1930's-40's? I don't know, but it seems roads through the countryside would be unpaved and Slovakia type country roads would be better to use. What is your opinion on this?

To make map making relatively easy, most maps take overlays of road systems from some Internet source like, Google/Yahoo maps. Otherwise it would be a year long project just to find the information on road systems from the 1930's.

But on the other hand, we make relatively idealized maps anyway, and besides, even if one does use a highway system based on modern satellite data, most modern highways more or less follow the older road systems. Indeed in countries like Spain, it is terrain that dictates how road systems are built - be it in Roman or modern times. There is for instance only one truly viable route to follow from Guadix to Granada, no matter if you are building in paved granite, rubble and earth or modern concrete and asphalt. For engineers on the ground there more considerations to be taken into account, but in an Il-2 map, we don't worry about being 100 or 200 meters off the mark, that matters little from a gaming point of view.

So, while there are indeed 'highways' and 'secondary roads' in the game, just consider 'highways' to be more or less main roads and all the rest secondary roads of varying quality - paved, earthen or whatever.

On the question of textures for rods - well that's another kettle of fish. I haven't even given it much thought at all , which kind of textures to use. I find it hard enough to find any kind of road at all from a cockpit.

So road textures are open to debate. As long as there are no install issues to take into account. Getting everyone to properly install textures and extra objects is already an important task.

agracier Wrote:
CzechTexan Wrote:I really love how this map looks with the textures and populating. The Spanish campaign is new to me but with these new maps I'd surely love to fly over them. However, there is one thing that stands out and that's the highways. Did this area have paved highways like that back in the 1930's-40's? I don't know, but it seems roads through the countryside would be unpaved and Slovakia type country roads would be better to use. What is your opinion on this?

To make map making relatively easy, most maps take overlays of road systems from some Internet source like, Google/Yahoo maps. Otherwise it would be a year long project just to find the information on road systems from the 1930's.

But on the other hand, we make relatively idealized maps anyway, and besides, even if one does use a highway system based on modern satellite data, most modern highways more or less follow the older road systems. Indeed in countries like Spain, it is terrain that dictates how road systems are built - be it in Roman or modern times. There is for instance only one truly viable route to follow from Guadix to Granada, no matter if you are building in paved granite, rubble and earth or modern concrete and asphalt. For engineers on the ground there more considerations to be taken into account, but in an Il-2 map, we don't worry about being 100 or 200 meters off the mark, that matters little from a gaming point of view.

So, while there are indeed 'highways' and 'secondary roads' in the game, just consider 'highways' to be more or less main roads and all the rest secondary roads of varying quality - paved, earthen or whatever.

On the question of textures for rods - well that's another kettle of fish. I haven't even given it much thought at all , which kind of textures to use. I find it hard enough to find any kind of road at all from a cockpit.

So road textures are open to debate. As long as there are no install issues to take into account. Getting everyone to properly install textures and extra objects is already an important task.
On the other hand, we could spend hours and hours @net or libraries studying old spanish maps (actually surpricingly fun) and the map would never get finished at two Olegs weeks! LOL I think that you will like the map, when it is ready.
And during public Beta time we are open to all suggestions that are possible to do .

Right Dudes!
Here is the early Beta version of Team International Brigades Andalucia map:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cagzdym0d ... _beta1.rar

It is still in beta stage, so there are some errors. I have included all the necessary files to this packakge. here is the copy of read me file, which can be found at exctracted file too:

Here is the installation instructions!

Disclaimer:

This is a beta stage map and you install it with your own risk!
If you are not familiar with filestructure of mods, it is better to wait for the final release of the map.

BEFORE INSTALLING MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF static.ini and all.ini files. If you dont find those files, it is better to wait the final release with installer, again.

Inside this folder you find ALL the necessary mods and textures:

1. ag_Andalucia

Put this folder in to \Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MapMods\Maps

2.and add this line to all.ini txt file

ag_Andalucia ag_Andalucia/load.ini

3.You find also all the necessary textures that Agracier and others made easily.
Just paste ag folder to:

\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MapMods\Maps\_Tex folder.

4.Then you will need Mod DLV_Egypt objects.I have included a copy of these objects. Inside Mod DLV_Egypt folder you find Add_to_static_ini.txt file. Copy all the content of that textfile and paste it in to

Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

And that's about it. If you can't save mission you dont have all the objects include.
If map don't load at all, you don't have necessary textures
Happy testing!
before you start to post bugfindings, i do know that there are buildings in the rivers and at the edges of the mountains. They will be removed! Some bridges are missing too. and that can't be helped, coz i can't get the bridges to work abowe sealevel.
Airfields have not been complitely tested and there is some texture erros too
But we need your opinions in general. Airfields are pretty hard to add because of mountinious terrain.
Post suggestins and constructive critics to AAA forum.
Kapteeni/TIB

a few further screenshots:

[img][Image: grab0004-1.jpg]

[/img][Image: grab0001-1.jpg]

[img][Image: grab0005-1.jpg]

[/img][Image: grab0003-1.jpg]

[img][Image: grab0000-1.jpg][/img]

I noticed that i have made an error when writing Read me file. It is because english is not my native language:
Wrong:
4.Then you will need Mod DLV_Egypt objects.I have included a copy of these objects. Inside Mod DLV_Egypt folder you find Add_to_static_ini.txt file. Copy all the content of that folder and paste it in to

RIGHT:
4.Then you will need Mod DLV_Egypt objects.I have included a copy of these objects. Inside Mod DLV_Egypt folder you find Add_to_static_ini.txt file. Copy all the content of that textfile and paste it in to

hi agracier/kapteeni Big Grin
can I ask, would you be able to put together a 'lite' download version, ie: one without the DLV_Objects, and any textures which I might already have from your previous maps?
If its a hassle, no worries, I'll d/l it anyway.
I only ask because I've just had a bad experience with the d/l of the Catalunya map, which extracted to around 500MB of tex files, most of which I already have, and to make matters worse, it's still missing needed files that are apparently only available with the C6 pack. So, for me, an absolutely futile d/l. The map does look great, though...and of course, this one of yours as well! Big Grin 8)

bigbossmalone Wrote:hi agracier/kapteeni Big Grin
can I ask, would you be able to put together a 'lite' download version, ie: one without the DLV_Objects, and any textures which I might already have from your previous maps?
If its a hassle, no worries, I'll d/l it anyway.
I only ask because I've just had a bad experience with the d/l of the Catalunya map, which extracted to around 500MB of tex files, most of which I already have, and to make matters worse, it's still missing needed files that are apparently only available with the C6 pack. So, for me, an absolutely futile d/l. The map does look great, though...and of course, this one of yours as well! Big Grin 8)
Will do. No problem.
I did this huge pack because i wanted to include all in case. No whining about i' missing that, i'm missing this thing.
Textures and objects can be a mess....

great! many thanks, kapteeni! :wink:

thanks for the map!

maybe you can use this: http://www.filefront.com/14537971/spani ... npack.rar/

cheers

Nice blend of textures! Big Grin
Haven't found anything strange except for the things you already mentioned in the readme like houses in water.
Vpmedia, thanx for the link with SCW skins. Smile

[Image: Andalucia02.jpg]

[Image: Andalucia01.jpg]

[Image: Andalucia05.jpg]

[Image: Andalucia06.jpg]

[Image: Andalucia08.jpg]

OH! What a day. I have been working 2 shifts in a row... I wanted to upload the smaller version, but it must wait till tomorrow.
Those screenies looks beatifull. Luckily nobody has had a major troubles (yet) We decited to use only Egypt objects mod. Other objects are default 409m.
More comments and suggestions, please..

Good night!

It looks great: I hope it works in 4.09, I'd like to design a SM.79 campaign during Spanish Civil War, even if more Spain maps are needed (with Mallorca, the main Italian base).

andrea78 Wrote:It looks great: I hope it works in 4.09, I'd like to design a SM.79 campaign during Spanish Civil War, even if more Spain maps are needed (with Mallorca, the main Italian base).

We made it in 4.09 and I have 4.09m1 up and running with this map, as I'm certain Kapteeni does too ... so that should be no problem.

There is also, due very very shortly, a smaller sized map of the SCW featuring the area from Cartagena to Murcia. Cartagena being an important naval base and fortified area.

I also have a basic map of the Balearic Islands and a bit of the mainland, but it is still basic only - no airfields or objects in it yet.