TIB: 29.11 ANDALUCIA BETA AVAILABLE!!

Just a quick update. I will start to make final adjustements to map and it should be ready soon. And it is AAA 1.2 ready, because it has been made with AAA UI 1.11 Version.
Kapteeni

Will it be availaible as stand alone map too (without the need of the new UI)?

andrea78 Wrote:Will it be availaible as stand alone map too (without the need of the new UI)?
It has meade with AAA UI 1.1, so if you have that. It works. You need DLV egypt objects too.

I can't save any missions. what can I do??

General Obi-Wan Wrote:I can't save any missions. what can I do??

If you can open the map and load it, but cannot fly or save any missions, that usually means that you are missing objects that are used in the map, and that these objects are not installed in your game and are therefore missing from your static.ini file.

First, check that you have installed all the required objects as per instructions in the install file. In this map, extensive use is made of dlv_Egypt Objects pack. A link is given in the install file. Check that it is properly installed. If you have UI 1.1 installed, you should have all required objects.

------

If the game still won't load allow you to save and fly, you may wish to use this wonderful little tool to check which objects you have missing from your static.in:

viewtopic.php?t=20224&highlight=static+checker

It seems a daunting tool, but it is really not. Follow instructions and you will get a list of missing objects which you can then install.

Usually it means you are missing some objects. The 'can't save missions' issue seems to be a real plague with new maps. Happened to me also, don't worry. :wink:
I think it has something to do with the DLV_Egypt objects.
Look here at page 2 for Kapteeni's posts of how to install them in a proper way:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...9&start=15

Edit: LOL, I see Agracier already replied... :lol:

Lejo Wrote:

Usually it means you are missing some objects. The 'can't save missions' issue seems to be a real plague with new maps. Happened to me also, don't worry. :wink:
I think it has something to do with the DLV_Egypt objects.
Look here at page 2 for Kapteeni's posts of how to install them in a proper way:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...9&start=15

Edit: LOL, I see Agracier already replied... :lol:
+1
And small update. I have been checking the airfields and they look quite allright. Map_h needs checking too. Rivers need to be adjust right. Other than that map is ready.
RL have take some time for mapmaking, but it will be ready in two weeks, be sure.

Oh. I may know now my problem. I may have a older version of the Egypt objects.

General Obi-Wan Wrote:Oh. I may know now my problem. I may have a older version of the Egypt objects.

Hmmm ... I'm pretty sure there was only one version of the Egypt Objects, it was not updated ... BUT there was a very small ADDITION of a few extra Egypt Objects made afterwards ... this is often overlooked.

But please also be sure to check that you have all the indeed newly made objects, but which in the meantime have become standard objects in the UI 1.1 installs.

Off the top of my head here I am thinking of Lal_Rone Hangars, Lal_Rone Fortifications, Kevins Roadplates ...

The simplest way of finding out, is to use the static.ini checker from the link above. It is simple to use and involves nothing more than starting the app, and then navigating to the maps you wish to check ... missing objects will be generated to a newly created list and from that list you should be able to deduce which objects you are missing.

kapteeni Wrote:Right Dudes!
Here is the early Beta version of Team International Brigades Andalucia map:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cagzdym0d ... _beta1.rar

It is still in beta stage, so there are some errors. I have included all the necessary files to this packakge. here is the copy of read me file, which can be found at exctracted file too:

Here is the installation instructions!

Disclaimer:

This is a beta stage map and you install it with your own risk!
If you are not familiar with filestructure of mods, it is better to wait for the final release of the map.

BEFORE INSTALLING MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF static.ini and all.ini files. If you dont find those files, it is better to wait the final release with installer, again.

Inside this folder you find ALL the necessary mods and textures:

1. ag_Andalucia

Put this folder in to \Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MapMods\Maps

2.and add this line to all.ini txt file

ag_Andalucia ag_Andalucia/load.ini

3.You find also all the necessary textures that Agracier and others made easily.
Just paste ag folder to:

\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MapMods\Maps\_Tex folder.

4.Then you will need Mod DLV_Egypt objects.I have included a copy of these objects. Inside Mod DLV_Egypt folder you find Add_to_static_ini.txt file. Copy all the content of that textfile and paste it in to

Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

And that's about it. If you can't save mission you dont have all the objects include.
If map don't load at all, you don't have necessary textures
Happy testing!
before you start to post bugfindings, i do know that there are buildings in the rivers and at the edges of the mountains. They will be removed! Some bridges are missing too. and that can't be helped, coz i can't get the bridges to work abowe sealevel.
Airfields have not been complitely tested and there is some texture erros too
But we need your opinions in general. Airfields are pretty hard to add because of mountinious terrain.
Post suggestins and constructive critics to AAA forum.
Kapteeni/TIB
Here is the latest and hopefully last Beta version of map. If you have Downloaded the earlier version just replace Mapmods/maps/ag_Andalucia with this one. I will wait for the upcoming version os UI before i will make this map official map mod.
And for those who have not downloaded the earlier version. I'm afraid that you must download it too. It contains all the textures that you need to get map working. It also contains DLV Egypt objects mod.
I know that it takes some time to DL, but it is well worth of it.

Hi all SCW fans out there!
It has been a while, but here is our latest beta. Airfields and map_H fixed. Hopefully this is the last beta and we could release this map soon... within 2 weeks or so...
DL from here and just replace older version with this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jj4o2y3mewy
Happy testing!
kap

Kapteeni, Agracier can i ask you something?

Are you both using Avala landshine and if yes with the SAME settings? I ask because i think there is less saturation on Agracier's pics than Kapteeni's, and Agracier's pics look more naturals like live footage than Kapteen's.

I like very much the colours you both have choose for this map, really really much, but a little work on saturation and Avala's landshine would produce something more photorealistic.

BTW, i rember NOW that i did something with my Avala's landshine settings..........and since i did that i don't use Gapa Gamma mod :roll: :???: . I can post my settings if you want guys. It helps for what we call in art the "atmospherical perspective" which is the way colours degrade with distance and it helps a lot to have nice photorealistic rendering. It was a secret of italian painters of The Renaissance period like Da vinci and co.

Look at the mountains here:

[Image: 4144063023_15dce72e31_b.jpg]

Desaturation and Avala's landshine produce that nice effect of far far mountains. It could be nice with your maps mates.

redko Wrote:Kapteeni, Agracier can i ask you something?
Are you both using Avala landshine and if yes with the SAME settings? I ask because i think there is less saturation on Agracier's pics than Kapteeni's, and Agracier's pics look more naturals like live footage than Kapteen's.
I like very much the colours you both have choose for this map, really really much, but a little work on saturation and Avala's landshine would produce something more photorealistic.
Desaturation and Avala's landshine produce that nice effect of far far mountains. It could be nice with your maps mates.

As far as I know I don't use Avala landshine (unless it is standard with UI 1.1 or Ultrapack 1.8). Maybe you're seeing the differene in our monitors and the screenshots we get from them.

Also, I have a tendency to fly at dawn and dusk and thus have screenshots from that period of day too. I rather think everything looks nicer then, with lengthening shadows and darker landscapes and clouds in contrast with sun ... maybe that has an influence on the screenshots too?

BTW, i rember NOW that i did something with my Avala's landshine settings..........and since i did that i don't use Gapa Gamma mod Rolling Eyes Confused . I can post my settings if you want guys. It helps for what we call in art the "atmospherical perspective" which is the way colours degrade with distance and it helps a lot to have nice photorealistic rendering. It was a secret of italian painters of The Renaissance period like Da vinci and co.

what is Gapa Gamma Mod ? never heard of that before

agracier Wrote:BTW, i rember NOW that i did something with my Avala's landshine settings..........and since i did that i don't use Gapa Gamma mod Rolling Eyes Confused . I can post my settings if you want guys. It helps for what we call in art the "atmospherical perspective" which is the way colours degrade with distance and it helps a lot to have nice photorealistic rendering. It was a secret of italian painters of The Renaissance period like Da vinci and co.

what is Gapa Gamma Mod ? never heard of that before
Hahah. Me neither. And i think that we use same texture settings, but agracier is more like early morning bird, He prefers screenies from dusk or dawn...
perhaps somebody could lighten us here!!
Kap