[Map] zip_Alpen Second Edition Part III

The mods are eating memory for breakfast, so when installed a lot of them, my Alpen map may stutter or even don't load. So i splitted it to a more practically size of not more than 300 * 300 km. Part III includes the eastern Alpen region:

[Image: zipalpeneast.jpg]

Download part III here:
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/Alpen_east.zip

Installation:

Expand the zip. In there is a folder "mod".
Throw this folder "mod" into your games main directory

If it's not already there, add the following line into the all.ini (..\mods\mapmods\maps\):

zip_Alpen_east zip_Alpen/zip_Alpen_east_load.ini

I added a few airports to reduce flight distances, but didn't make other major changes. As far i remember, the map uses only 4.09b standard objects.

If you already have installed the zip_Alpen map, some files in the existing zip_Alpen folder will be overwritten, but i think you will not need them anymore.

Part II, the middle part including Muenchen and Venice will follow in a few days(I hope).

I recommend setting water = 1 in the config.ini to avoid black stripes at the river and lake banks when looking at them unter a very flat angle and unexpected plane crashes when flying very low over the water in the hight. I don't know if this i common, but i never saw a difference between water = 1 and 4.

2 zipzapp
Great work 8) But ... part II, please? :roll:

There are only two types of aircraft - fighters and targets 8)

[Image: deSAD.jpg]

man... this is rude reply with that emoticon!

can you read?!

thanks again zipzapp!

vampire_pilot Wrote:man... this is rude reply with that emoticon!

can you read?!
Sorry, but ... I do not understand, what is the matter? :???:

deSAD Wrote:
vampire_pilot Wrote:man... this is rude reply with that emoticon!

can you read?!
Sorry, but ... I do not understand, what is the matter? :???:

At the bottom line of Zipzapp's comment it says: Part II, the middle part including Muenchen and Venice will follow in a few days(I hope).

The "problem" sometimes with the roll eyes emoticon is that you can interpret it in two ways. In this case you can interpret it as 'Sigh... Come on with it!' or 'Sorry for my silly question'.
Probably vampire_pilot thought the first option. I think it's nr. 2.

No problem. I had decided to make the middle part last. I thought it would be the most difficult one because i not only would have to change the x-positions of all objects but also would have to delete not only the more western ones but also the more eastern ones from the original map (Whereas in part I and III only "from one side") - but than i shrinked also the y-axis of partI and III so i had to change also all y-Positions there - so it made no difference to part II at last ;-)

Lejo Wrote:At the bottom line of Zipzapp's comment it says: Part II, the middle part including Muenchen and Venice will follow in a few days(I hope).
Oops ... zipzapp, I am sorry for a carelessness :oops:
Lejo Wrote:The "problem" sometimes with the roll eyes emoticon is that you can interpret it in two ways. In this case you can interpret it as 'Sigh... Come on with it!' or 'Sorry for my silly question'.
Probably vampire_pilot thought the first option. I think it's nr. 2.
Yes, nr. 2, of course! About the first variant I at all have not heard Confusedhock:

sorry from me too Smile
no hard feelings.

I bet this is some extensve stuff to do, Zip...
I also hope there is at least some overlapping zones.

Nwe download link in first post.

Deutschmark

I can't find the link for Zip_Alpen_West please post it again. Thanks

Mant Thanx!

Please post the download for the First part .
Thanks in advanced.

stockplane Wrote:Please post the download for the First part .
Thanks in advanced.

It is, look at Deutschmark post

Deutschmark Wrote:Nwe download link in first post.

Deutschmark

Planemad

so wich ones west? :-?

cammoammo Wrote:so wich ones west? :-?
Maybe the one named alpen_west?

This one's link is
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/Alpen_east.zip
So how about aplen_west.zip?