MiG-15 and F-85 Sabre Issues (post them here)

Thanks, already done that...tested it and given the first cockpit bug report there too... Smile

In "North and South" promo video the MiG canopy seemed openable...
not in Beta 1.0 ???

It seems to me, that MiG FM is completely wrong. It is way too sensitive to all controls, especially roll - it could never roll so fast in RL. Did anyaone check climbspeed - is it within RL spec? Seems to be climbing too well also. And this automatic airbrake - it was never there!

Aviar Wrote:Yes, I just tried it on the Crimea map (see test mission below). The results were exactly the same. I think you will soon have a lot of Mig pilots screaming at you, because once they try dogfighting the F-86 at higher altitudes, their auto-airbrakes will not allow them to reach maximum speeds. The F-86 will fly circles around them...)

Aviar

I just tried it on Crimea (I'm using UI 1.2), 12:00 nice weather, this is my result (paused the moment the airbrakes started to deploy):
[Image: th_mig15tas.jpg]
I've used Wikipedia (which is not the best source, admittedly) to contrast the values:
[code]
Altitude T Speed (km/h)
Sea level 15

Dornil Wrote:It seems to me, that MiG FM is completely wrong. It is way too sensitive to all controls, especially roll - it could never roll so fast in RL. Did anyaone check climbspeed - is it within RL spec? Seems to be climbing too well also. And this automatic airbrake - it was never there!
Check it yourself and let me know what you find out

Dornil Wrote:It seems to me, that MiG FM is completely wrong. It is way too sensitive to all controls, especially roll - it could never roll so fast in RL. Did anyaone check climbspeed - is it within RL spec? Seems to be climbing too well also. And this automatic airbrake - it was never there!

What is your experience flying the Mig 15? The auto deploying of the air brakes WAS in fact a feature of the Mig 15 due to its lack of a flying tail. Once they found that the tail surfaces would lose authority near mach 1 they had to take steps to prevent that.. on later Migs the flying tail was incorporated. You should present your flying credentials in the Mig15 or if you haven't flown the Mig 15, you should present some hard data supporting your issues at least.

Here's an idea for a mod Peter.. how about a mod to have True Airspeed either as a choice, or instead of the IAS on the speed bar? With the speed of these two planes and the high ceilings involved people that already don't seem to get the whole TAS/IAS are really going to be confused.

JG14_Jagr Wrote:Here's an idea for a mod Peter.. how about a mod to have True Airspeed either as a choice, or instead of the IAS on the speed bar? With the speed of these two planes and the high ceilings involved people that already don't seem to get the whole TAS/IAS are really going to be confused.
Not a chance.
If the limit is too low (airbrakes are kicking in at ~ mach 0.92-0.93 which was the safest value I found that gave enough time to react in a steep dive without turning the aircraft into bits) or the formula is wrong, I'm all for correcting it, but I'll not change it to depend on IAS just because someone feels it's wrong.

EDIT: Sorry Jagr I misread your post. If anyone wants to check their TAS just hit Control F1 and enter Wonderwoman view

F22-Raptor-2006 Wrote:PeterD I have found a slight problem or what I believe to be one anyway. Flying online in a 4.09b1m game 3 of us have the F-86 and the Mig-15 but we can't see each other in it. So we're basically all invisible :S any ideas? I've checked the installation and re installed it and it's more than one of us so seems to be a problem.
Could you post more details about this? Either PM me or put them in here. Does the server have the aircrafts installed too? Is this happening with UI 1.2 or some other mod pack? 4.09b or 4.08 shouldn't be relevant (I think) as long as everyone is using the same version

elephant Wrote:Thanks, already done that...tested it and given the first cockpit bug report there too... Smile

In "North and South" promo video the MiG canopy seemed openable...
not in Beta 1.0 ???

The canopy will open once you are on the ground and your speed drops to a lower limit. In the air, it tries to open but then closes again. Personally, I don't think I've know any pilots who like to fight thier high performance acft at 30,000 ft with the canopy open just so their little silk scarf could flap in the breeze.

Thanks for the report...General!
Obviously, I've tried it on the ground,with 0 speed, just before take off...
I'm running the game with SAS buttons v.2.21 may be that causes the "problem" :roll:
There is a new version of SAS buttons that fully supports both Sabre and Mig,
but the links are down at the time speaking...

Any news about a fix for the contrail misalignment on the MiG?

:?: :?: :?:

elephant Wrote:Thanks for the report...General!
I'm running the game with SAS buttons v.2.21 may be that causes the "problem" :roll:

As I observed, Sabre canopy opens even with SAS buttons 2.21 :o
And the pilot lowers his head Smile
Only MiG is "locked".
Let us wait, anyhow.

Laziness is the mother of progress. My QMB missions can be found here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13518">http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13518</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13772">http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13772</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13056">http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13056</a><!-- m -->

elephant Wrote:Thanks for the report...General!

Any news about a fix for the contrail misalignment on the MiG?

:?: :?: :?:
The canopy opens just fine with UI 1.2, so yeah must be SAS-buttons specific. I haven't tried Potenz's effects with the Mig, I'll check it later today

Peter, thanks a lot for those two beauties! The planes are really gorgeous and extremely fun to fly, those are real top-notches addition for the game. But something's bothering me a bit. I've been playing with them since yesterday on my UI 1.2 instal, and either, IMHO, the Mig's FM is above what it should be, either the F-86's FM is below the truth. As for now, I'm enclined to think that the Mig's FM is a bit overmodelized. It's climbing way too fast, without loosing lots of energy, doing nearly only verticals manoeuvre wich are impossible to follow with the Sabre. I've seen I'm not the only one to think that, so maybe it could be worst a look?

Thanks for the reply Peter... Smile
Yes I'm using the P+HG smoke effects...

Corktip, you must have in mind that the Sabre in game is the (A5)...and the MiG is the (bis Fagot B) model...
USAF introduced the E and F models trying to match up the MiG...
The faenomenal rate of climb + the heavy armament were the MiGs strongpoints.
I think you have to wait for the later Sabre models to be released and make your judgment then... Smile

The planes are great, especially the damage model, which is above the one used in the original game IMO. Outstanding work! But I also feel that the sabre is much weaker than the MiG. It is really no match for it. Ive flown in QMB and AI is extremly annoying me flying away from my sabre, while my engine is heavily overheating. That just does not feel right IMO. USAF had better scores than the North Koreans throughout the war, and that would be impossible with these performances of these jets. Well, im off to shooting down Yaks until F-86E arrives Smile