[BETA] Boeing KB-29P & Republic F-84G ThunderJet

I wonder why my nuclear blast looks straight and basic earlier? but the nuclear blast in the screenshots looks real nice. so I had to get the particle mod for that

I can successfully do a LABS maneuver but only in the way of going almost ground level at high speed then before the target, I will do a loop and drop my bomb at the 90 but return the way I came. I can never do a loop and go the way as I was approaching the target as the drawing indicates. I also read about LABS before and they actually did the other one where you would return the way you came after the loop (that gets me out of the blast radius if lucky) So I did the cuban 8 as they exactly did before and it works. but that drawing looks much different with a complete loop.

Cool Big Grin

This is something that I honestly never expected to see in Il2, but I have always been fascinated by the refueling of planes in the air. Thank you!

Food for thought...

[Image: 800pxkb29refuelingf861.jpg]

In order to extend the range of the new generation of jet aircraft, a B-29 was fitted with a flying boom for experiments in air-to-air refueling. Here, a KB-29 delivers fuel to an F-86A Sabre over Rogers Dry Lake. Note that the fighter is flying nose-high in order to match its speed to the slower tanker; even so, it had to lower its landing gear for additional drag.

Smile

GJE52 Wrote:Food for thought...

''There were other efforts to extend the F-86's range. In early 1951, the USAF tested aerial refueling on a T-33, F-84 and F-86. The airman flew 4 flights in an F-86A in March using a drogue system from a KB-29 tanker and a 3.5 foot probe on an F-86 120 gallon external fuel tank. This configuration encountered problems because it placed the fighter's empennage in the tanker's turbulance, making longitudinal control ''very difficult'' and causing the drogue to bob. As a result, contact in the F-86 was more a problem than with the other 2 aircraft..''

Here's the whole story: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b49d ... f6e8ebb871

So, was not "operational". This information was at Page 3 of this topic.

S!

Thank you! :wink:

A great MOD ! Can the famous jet pilots here tell me what are the best speed and altitude for air refuelling?
Thanks

The rudder commands of my F84 are reversed Cry ! When Iwant to turn right, it flies left, and when I want to turn left, it flies right ! In such conditions air refuelling is very,very difficult ! any solution ? thanks

platounet Wrote:The rudder commands of my F84 are reversed Cry ! When Iwant to turn right, it flies left, and when I want to turn left, it flies right ! In such conditions air refuelling is very,very difficult ! any solution ? thanks

I find it strange. You say that the rudder moves incorrectly or that the plane moves incorrectly when applying rudder?
Currently I am traveling, when I return to my home I will check.
Anyone else have this problem?

Greetings, Flak.

I am very sorry for that false alert: everything is OK now :-? Thanks

wow...awsome jet

buts may i ask for the kp to be flyable? please? i would very much love to see that plane flying to my terms :lol: if you could thank you very much

Frog

p.s. it works with UP 1.8 Big Grin

Does it work with HSFX 4.1 ?

What are those effects SerojaR? they look great!

For those interested: copy the F-84/B-29P plane folders into your mods folder (not the JSGME mods, but the one you created), add the lines to your air.ini
like described in the readme file and replace your HSFX 4.1 buttons file (backup!) with the latest SAS buttons (i.e. 3.9. at the moment)

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html

Works flawlessly for me.

THANKS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: