[BETA] Boeing KB-29P & Republic F-84G ThunderJet

[quote="Flakiten"][Image: 19779460.jpg]

Boeing KB-29P & Republic F-84G ThunderJet (mk7) MOD for Il2 Sturmovik 1946©

--------------------------------------------

CREDITS:

Class editing, 3D Model, FMD & EMD files by Flakiten.

I want to thank to all those that helped in this project and:

2bits
highlander_262
GAEv Squadron (www.gaev.com.ar)
GJE_52
Mathaus
PeterD
stu
US_GRANT

If I forgot someone let me know.

--------------------------------------------

INSTALL:

a). [IMPORTANT] Be sure that your buttons file support this plane. (If you have UI.12 it

I have several pics of a F84 Thunderstreak 'pit if they would be of any use for modding....?

For some reason after installing this per the instructions, my game CTD's while loading the main menu at about 60%. I have UI 1.1 maybe 1.2 will solve the problem. I will report back if it does. In the mean time, what else could cause this?

Cornflake Wrote:For some reason after installing this per the instructions, my game CTD's while loading the main menu at about 60%. I have UI 1.1 maybe 1.2 will solve the problem. I will report back if it does. In the mean time, what else could cause this?

[quote="Flakiten"]
a). [IMPORTANT] Be sure that your buttons file support this plane. ([color=yellow]If you have UI.12 it

I have a problem. My sounds are gone since a month or so. but only the sounds of the F9F2 and the awesome F84G.
Have anyone a idea?

EDIT: Sorry but i tested it and in all jet planes there are no sounds. In the prop planes there are sounds.

One word: AWESOME! :o

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome mod, works fine for me UI1.2 4.08m, but I have a question about the AI tanker at 100% fuel loadout, how many times can a F-84G3 refuel from 25% fuel load before the tanker runs out of fuel and crashes?

This is just a consideration I had while making refueling COOPs and moving df missions, I'm worried if too many players refuel from the same tanker repeatedly, that it would run out of gas soon. I've added more tankers to my missions, but knowing how many planes one KB-29P can refuel would help alot.

Drew Wrote:Awesome mod, works fine for me UI1.2 4.08m, but I have a question about the AI tanker at 100% fuel loadout, how many times can a F-84G3 refuel from 25% fuel load before the tanker runs out of fuel and crashes?

The F-84 uses JET-A fuel, and the KB-29 has a big (realy big or infinity)fuel tank of AV-GAS.

S!

Yup, installing UI 1.2 solved my problem. I'm loving the F-84 so far Big Grin

Although, I've noticed the LABS maneuver is quite difficult to master.

Thx. Flakiten for your quick response, didn't know that IL2 modelled two fuels in one aircraft.

Drew Wrote:Thx. Flakiten for your quick response, didn't know that IL2 modelled two fuels in one aircraft.

Sry. It was a joke.

The game only know one fuel. The tanker don

is there any way to make the KB-29 flyable?

amazing (and great) work!
thank you Flakiten! Big Grin

[/quote]

That did the trick. I installed the F-84G1/F-84G2 and it started working immediately.

Just to let others know, when the B-29 is landing and you're still attached, detach right before you touch the ground otherwise you'll be pile-driven by the B-29 and consequently blow both aircraft out of the sky Wink[/quote]

I love it! That's the kind of warning that needs to be in the Read Me. Like Preperation-H bearing the warning "Do Not Take Orally". Classic!