Thread Closed

IL-2 Guide for Computers, Benchmarking, Optimizing, Tweaking

Fireskull Wrote:
78thFG_Snook Wrote:yea...thats my issue im trying to fix..when stuff blows up or lots of fire and smoke my fps drops and laggs. My squad recently switched to UP3.0 and I hate it with a passion. when i was running hsfx my game ran like it should but now it runs like crap and i got so fed up with it I reformatted to see if that would help. do you know any specific settings I can tweak to try and get my fps a little bit higher when explosions/smoke/fire happen?

Hi, Snook

Many things effect FPS, but most of them only slightly.

However, Anti-aliasing has a huge effect on it. Land, sky, and sea textures also have a big impact on FPS in systems that are challenged for one reason or another. (Distance detail or the range at which distant details become clear, called Anisotropic Filtering)

Another thing to consider is that UltraPack has some nice features to help you. I would recommend asking for help in this thread and at UltraPack website.

Fireskull

Oh, see also in the conf.ini file: VisibilityDistanct=(0 through 3). The lower the number, the less impact against FPS.

Fireskull

Fireskull Wrote:
78thFG_Snook Wrote:yea...thats my issue im trying to fix..when stuff blows up or lots of fire and smoke my fps drops and laggs. My squad recently switched to UP3.0 and I hate it with a passion. when i was running hsfx my game ran like it should but now it runs like crap and i got so fed up with it I reformatted to see if that would help. do you know any specific settings I can tweak to try and get my fps a little bit higher when explosions/smoke/fire happen?

Hi, Snook

Many things effect FPS, but most of them only slightly.

However, Anti-aliasing has a huge effect on it. Land, sky, and sea textures also have a big impact on FPS in systems that are challenged for one reason or another. (Distance detail or the range at which distant details become clear, called Anisotropic Filtering)

Another thing to consider is that UltraPack has some nice features to help you. I would recommend asking for help in this thread and at UltraPack website.

Fireskull

Oh, see also in the conf.ini file: VisibilityDistanct=(0 through 3). The lower the number, the less impact against FPS.

Fireskull

Confusedhock:

Yeaaaahhhhh!!

Over 100,000 views of my PC Technical Help thread here!!!

...amazing.

Fireskull

katdog5 Wrote:So the problem came back with the horizontal tearing.....so I would've pulled my hair out if I had any...I was forced back to the drawing board and researching forums.

In some random post someone mentioned to check your monitor cable....I did and changed it to dvi....some tearing still occurs...wtflip

it went away and then came back??? at wits end...I went all the way back to no changes in the control panel, and still tearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-zRdwSCqfI

Fixed for now: Reseated my SLI bridge and switched the dvi monitor cord over...problem gone again...for now

Fun times....

Hello Katdog,

Just a follow up question - did you post on another forum regarding the Nvidia 285.62 driver issues? I thought I saw your posting logo. If so, please see my posting under 'intermittent joystick sticking' under PC issues and add your inputs with this problem if you would to give your soultions and how you resolved it. This caused me quite some time and frustration, so I'd like to help others as this driver problem causing the on again, off again symptoms you described is a real hard on to figure out. Thanks

p3

Is it possible to have water=3 in directX mode?

I have DirectX 11 in my computer and have a Intel® HD graphics
I run the game without problem, but I can't have perfect water...

nic1 Wrote:Is it possible to have water=3 in directX mode?

Hi, nic

Perfect water setting is not available in IL-2 1946 for DirectX. Only in OpenGL mode can you get "perfect water" for this program. (See page 3 of this guide)

Smile

Fireskull

pugo3 Wrote:
katdog5 Wrote:So the problem came back with the horizontal tearing.....so I would've pulled my hair out if I had any...I was forced back to the drawing board and researching forums.

In some random post someone mentioned to check your monitor cable....I did and changed it to dvi....some tearing still occurs...wtflip

it went away and then came back??? at wits end...I went all the way back to no changes in the control panel, and still tearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-zRdwSCqfI

Fixed for now: Reseated my SLI bridge and switched the dvi monitor cord over...problem gone again...for now

Fun times....

Hello Katdog,

Just a follow up question - did you post on another forum regarding the Nvidia 285.62 driver issues? I thought I saw your posting logo. If so, please see my posting under 'intermittent joystick sticking' under PC issues and add your inputs with this problem if you would to give your soultions and how you resolved it. This caused me quite some time and frustration, so I'd like to help others as this driver problem causing the on again, off again symptoms you described is a real hard on to figure out. Thanks

p3

Yeah probably...but I have no idea what you're talking about ha....still using 285.62, but not sure how it was related to 'intermittent joystick sticking'

Fireskull Wrote:

Hi, nic

Perfect water setting is not available in IL-2 1946 for DirectX. Only in OpenGL mode can you get "perfect water" for this program. (See page 3 of this guide)

Smile

Fireskull
THX, but what version of OpenGL. I have OpenGL 2.1, but it doesn't work very well... lol. I prefer playing with DirectX on my laptop, but there is no chance to have better water with DirectX 11? It's just work in DirectX 9...

nic1 Wrote:
Fireskull Wrote:

Hi, nic

Smile

Fireskull
THX, but what version of OpenGL. I have OpenGL 2.1, but it doesn't work very well... lol. I prefer playing with DirectX on my laptop, but there is no chance to have better water with DirectX 11? It's just work in DirectX 9...

Hi, nic

Click the Setup.exe. The window which appears has an area to select which mode. Choose OpenGL or DirectX. Only OpenGL will allow "Perfect Water", but don't be concerned about the version of the API.

After selecting the OpenGL mode, almost any computer made in the last few years will allow the necessary configuration changes for you to get "PerfectWater". If your computer was made in the last few years, then do not be concerned at this time with what version of DirectX or OpenGL that you have in your computer, as long as you keep your computer updates to be current.

Further things must be configured in IL-2 in order to get "Perfect Water". See page 3 of this guide. Smile

Fireskull
Thread Closed