I

[quote="Flakiten"]Will try it.

I

+1000 :thumbsup:
Quote:[quote]Flakiten
Will try it.

I

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:
EoW_WhamO_CO Wrote:no idea what its called but i do know that the ones who have it arent allowed to give it out.

Why the hell not?

It would be very nice to be able to customize my own install, then package up the .sfs files for myself. I run a combination of SAS, AAA and other mods. Although I love the idea of faster load times and packing back up all the mod files ... if it means giving up my custom intall ... then pssstt!! screw that! Besides, I have a machine that loads pretty quick anyway. I don't mind a couple minute wait to load my game. Besides, I'm also a Silent Hunter 3 & 4 player, so I am used to long loading times Big Grin

I'l tell you why.

Say you screw up badly on a mod you are testing, and you put it in your *.sfs file, and you can't get it ou! Confusedhock:

I would never want a re packer, unless I was sure my mod would positively work.

The SFS file format allows for faster load times and that's about it. If faster load times is what you want and need great, if not stay with what you have.

The only sticky point to all this is will an author of a mod release their work as a stand alone? Aside from this lets look at modding something like HSFX.

As in any mod structure you have two folders, files and mods. HSFX has very little content in the mods folder and much more in the files folder. The reason why the mods folder is "light" is because the bulk of the mods including maps are in the SFS format allowing you the user to have faster load times. I guess the biggest question people are having is can I mod HSFX? The answer is an emphatic yes, moreover, it's no different than what we do now. To add a plane you will need updated buttons, edit the air.ini .... you know the drill. To add a map same procedure as before.

No one has to upgrade to History HSFX it's all up to the user and how you enjoy the sim.

If you have questions, please feel free to post here.

ok, here's one ....

how can one disable unwanted mods included in sfs files ?

At present state mods folder overrides sfs files ... but in order to override some mod included in HSFX ( sfs files) you need exact files / path of that mod so you can place desired version in mods folder .

Are we stuck with mods other people decides we must have ?

reg
Z

why don't you just unpack all hsfx sfs files and put them into mods folder ? That way you'll have complete pack at your "mercy" ? Smile

cheers

cmirko Wrote:why don't you just unpack all hsfx sfs files and put them into mods folder ? That way you'll have complete pack at your "mercy" ? Smile

cheers

yes that would be great ... but for that you'll need updated filelist.txt for sfs extractor ( in order to all files get extracted)

If there will be available filelist.txt with entry for all modded files included in HSFX than i have nothing else to object regarding HSFX ...

reg
Z

I'm sure that you wouldn't have a problem obtaining said list..., just aks at the right place ? Smile

cheers

cmirko Wrote:I'm sure that you wouldn't have a problem obtaining said list..., just aks at the right place ? Smile

cheers

ok then ....

veze i vezice .... hebi ga covjek nemoze pobijeci od toga niti ovdje ;-)

pozdrav
Z

Uzin Wrote:Link for free download:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Progr...ystem.html

Installed it (it's really free!) and it works fine when you need extract files from archive...
But how to pack files in the archive? There seem to be no such option... :oops:

An SFS extractor is nothing new, even in this forum is a link to one.

see ths .sfs file is also know as squashfs, But the only re packer i could come up with was for Linux, so if you have linux go to sourceforge and search for squashfs.... Or click Here :lol:

and then click the first link that comes up.

I hoped this helped any

I tried the 300 dollar packer and it was not compatible yes it is a sfs packer but it is in a custom sfs format that cannot be bought and encrypted if you can hack the encryption. Maybe you could get it to work. I also tried a linux version nope didn't work tried two different dos versions didn't work. I think you need the encryption key which I'm sure is somewhere in the game code because the game accesses the sfs files. If you know how to do this point me in the right direction for encryption key in game code. Easy rider you talk about this like you've done it. Have you? This is like the holy grail. Only cause game will run better I think it is all lies about hacking you don't need a compressed file to hack an uncompressed hack works just as well. They just want there mod monopoly greedy dudes. Any modding of the game is stealing because it is copyrighted material. Not endorsed by ubisoft. I always here this talk of people stealing other peoples mods is balogni if it is not copyrighted. It is not stealing and you don't need permission from anyone and can anyone tell me there mod is copyrighted! I didn't think so. So shut-up!

PhoenixOrion Wrote:I tried the 300 dollar packer and it was not compatible yes it is a sfs packer but it is in a custom sfs format that cannot be bought and encrypted if you can hack the encryption. Maybe you could get it to work. I also tried a linux version nope didn't work tried two different dos versions didn't work. I think you need the encryption key which I'm sure is somewhere in the game code because the game accesses the sfs files. If you know how to do this point me in the right direction for encryption key in game code. Easy rider you talk about this like you've done it. Have you? This is like the holy grail. Only cause game will run better I think it is all lies about hacking you don't need a compressed file to hack an uncompressed hack works just as well. They just want there mod monopoly greedy dudes. Any modding of the game is stealing because it is copyrighted material. Not endorsed by ubisoft. I always here this talk of people stealing other peoples mods is balogni if it is not copyrighted. It is not stealing and you don't need permission from anyone and can anyone tell me there mod is copyrighted! I didn't think so. So shut-up!
Hacks in SFS archives won't be detected by any tool... Only exess files or uncompressed files.