[Map] DOWNLOAD - Midway Expanded

Thank you ever so much. This beats the snot out of the stock map.

I ran into the "can't save a mission" problem with this map.
Ran the staticini search tool and it said my static.ini was missing the following object:

buildings.Plate$BlankFieldPlate

Could anyone tell me where I might find this object?
Or, perhaps, is it possible that I have the object, but simply need to add the line to my static.ini?
And, if this is the case, where might I add the line?
I'm a little out of my league on this, as you can probably tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Beautiful work,this map, judging by the view in FMB.
Thanks in advance for any aid.

Thanx for the quick inquiry, Tater.
I'm using a straight SAS modact setup. No Up or HSFX.
I wouldn't have posted a plea for help, except that I've currently got three or four maps that I've
downloaded and can't save on.

Hmmm, that's an interesting one. I made the map with HSFX, but assumed that the plates came with stock IL-2, as they appear to have been used for runway creation since day 1.
These are the relevant lines in the static.ini, if you want to check them:

[***]
Title BlankPlate
//===========================================================================

[buildings.Plate$BlankParking]
Title Parking
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/Parking/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$BlankParkingSide]
Title ParkingSide
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/ParkingSide/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$BlankParkingCorner]
Title ParkingCorner
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/ParkingCorner/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$BlankRunway]
Title Runway
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/Runway/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$BlankRunwayEnd]
Title RunwayEnd
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/RunwayEnd/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$BlankTaxi]
Title Taxi
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/Taxi/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$BlankTaxiEnd]
Title TaxiEnd
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/TaxiEnd/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$BlankTurn]
Title Turn
Mesh 3do/airfield/Blank/Turn/mono.sim

:cheers:

Thank you for responding.
I've run the static checker and found that I indeed have the entries you show. However, it appears the map's actor is calling for a blank field plate which I've been unable to locate.
All this in no way detracts from the beauty of the map.
I just can't use it. Cry

fritzofpeace Wrote:Thank you for responding.
I've run the static checker and found that I indeed have the entries you show. However, it appears the map's actor is calling for a blank field plate which I've been unable to locate.
All this in no way detracts from the beauty of the map.
I just can't use it. Cry

My mistake - I had another look and realised that the blank plate I've used is Canon's, not stock Il-2. This will probably have come with his Channel maps. Check for these lines in your static.ini:

[***]
Title Canon Blank Field Plate
[buildings.Plate$BlankFieldPlate]
Title BlankFieldPlate
Mesh 3do/airfield/BlankFieldPlate/live.sim

If you have his Channel maps installed then you should have the plate. If not, then the downloads are still live as far as I know.

Hi,
Working on a campaign for this map and have problems to place ships in the Northwest of the Atolls!
It is unfortunately in the area where the Japanese aircraft carriers were positioned! Is there any way to fix it?
Have 4.09m UP 2.01!
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Problem bypassed! I will use srd. routes for the japanese carriers! Thanks!

Sorry, another thing!
After the first DCG mission worked perfectly, in which were destroyed map objects at "Eastern Island", came during loading of the second mission this error message:

Mission loading failed: Mesh
3do/Buildings/Pacific/BlastPen_CoralS
and_Large/dead.sim not created

Happened with V4.09m/UP2.01!
Would be a shame if I could not use the map for the campaign!

Lonestar Wrote:Sorry, another thing!
After the first DCG mission worked perfectly, in which were destroyed map objects at "Eastern Island", came during loading of the second mission this error message:

Mission loading failed: Mesh
3do/Buildings/Pacific/BlastPen_CoralS
and_Large/dead.sim not created

Happened with V4.09m/UP2.01!
Would be a shame if I could not use the map for the campaign!

Hi Lonestar

I'm not totally sure about this as I've never used DCG, but we ran a successful SEOW campaign on the map. Perhaps it's the difference in the way DCG and SEOW treat destroyed objects? I didn't make any new 'destroyed object' for my blast pens - in fact I'm not even sure what happens to them when hit. They are simple repaints of the stock blast pens, and I assumed that they'd behave in the same way. It might be worth investigating for any differences between the two objects. Other than that, I've no idea at present. Sad

PS Will be away for a few days, so apologies if I don't respond again for a while.

Can play the single DCG mission in FMB but not in the campaign! The reason is probably that the damaged objects are not generated in FMB!

EDIT: I created a single mission (without DCG) and destroys the objects on the airfield (Destruction level) and tried to fly! I got the same error message!
EDIT: After some testing, I will make the campaign for the map anyway!
I'll let the people decide if "Eastern Island" can be attacked in the campaign or not!

I found a way to bypass the error message!
I downloaded your map,copied the live.sim from each blastpen folder and renamed it to dead.sim! Then I put the Objects_Cat folder with the new "sims" in my Mods folder and it works!

Lonestar Wrote:I found a way to bypass the error message!
I downloaded your map,copied the live.sim from each blastpen folder and renamed it to dead.sim! Then I put the Objects_Cat folder with the new "sims" in my Mods folder and it works!

Excellent work Lonestar, well done. Big Grin I guessed that it was something like that, but hadn't even begun to experiment yet. I'll update the map with your fix as soon as I can, and repost the link. It will be corrected for the next version of HSFX as well.

That was courage of despair! :lol: