Tree Shadow

Any ideas how to cure this, I have tried everything I know. I get either this small triangle instead of the true shadow or a black square if there are a group of trees.

It only shows from 0 to 45 degree angle and close up, no problems from directly above.

[Image: TreeShadow.jpg]

Get the same thing, no matter what I'v tired or how many times I have upgrade a graphics card I still have the problem you menchened.

What I have notice is that is this bug or what ever it is crosses a FPS hit.

OMG OMG i have too this f....... bug! I search +2 mouths, its bizarre because i you look city or tree at 12h its bug, but you look the city at 14h00~ or 10h00~ its ok

But if you look the city with bug its huge kill fps... Confusedhock:

[img][Image: il2fb_20.jpg]

please guys...

Are these modded trees or standard?

I expect that whatever the case the solution will be in the .mat files.
If you have those to hand I could check them against some notes I made waaaaaay back.

Are these modded trees or standard?

No id

The stock trees do it

The effect above is happening with modded trees only, the stock trees look okay.

It is not happening with Palm Trees, just these European type trees.

I have tried every combination of conf.ini data and tried everything in my Nvidia Control Panel, no changes.

What I have found is use Open GL, set everything to max including Perfect scenery and Stencil Buffer on - that gets rid of all shadow, which makes the scenery look fantastic but no shadow to judge height when landing. Set the Stencil Buffer On and the problem comes back.

On the larger maps I am also getting some strange dark blue sea textures at lang range, gain height and it looks awful, large squares of dark blue in a sea of medium blue.

GTX 275 with latest drivers.

My mistake - happening with stock and modded trees, did not see it correctly due to darker ground textures under stock trees.

Same problem is only the European tree bug, and i have search on all possibility conf.ini, panel Nvidia, etc... :roll:

9800GX2 with 195.62