New content from AAA Team

@ Monguse

I have a question. Now that we can repack mods into .sfs files ... does this take away the need to stop all modding on stock aircraft? The reason new weapon load outs and sliding canopies were not allowed is that it was a modification to a stock plane & that the file was then available for those "in on the know" to further tweak it.

BUT ... now that the .sfs repacker is here, does this change that? Now we could have a person say, make all of the canopies operable for stock aircraft and repack the .sfs so that people could not get to it?

With the .sfs re packer, everyone would be on the same page, even with a stock modification ...

I would just like clarification is all. I am wondering how much of a game changer this new .sfs re packer is going to be. It could mean correct weapon load outs and opening canopies for stock aircraft, which would be very nice. However, I don't know how official AAA policy will be in the future. Is it possible that AAA policy could change?

Hi Monguse,

Do you know if DeviceLink online will be included in the next pack?

viewtopic.php?t=13257

Quote:from another thread...

Since the MOD devicelink online exports data only if client has values in its conf.ini keys, to have it included in a UI wouldn't burden the machine and would highly help those flying in CRT2 servers adopting UI1.2.5 by giving them the ability to drive their wannabe simpits.

thanks
tityus

@Scharnhorst1943

Aside from policy from any group there is a reason why reason default aircraft and weapons are not changed.

Let me explain.

If someone wanted to have a coop/mission and invite friends making available only stock aircraft they could knowing that no changes had been done to either flight, damage models or any weapons. In this example we used standard stock aircraft only having new sounds.... Or If the user wanted to expand the mission and provide new aircraft to fly against stock they can as well.

The no changes of stock aircraft allows everyone to fly what the default game had plus mix it up if they so choose.

The issue of opening canopies for default aircraft because there is no guarantee everyone will have the mod. Take for instance a mod friendly server. Mod friendly means CRT=0 you can join with a default game as the server allows for anything. In this case the user having the canopy enabled would some to those that dont have the mod.

As for changes, let's see what shakes.

@tityus

Not sure about online DeviceLink. There was a reason why Oleg never allowed it and its possible the same can be said now.

Monguse Wrote:Included in HSFX 4.1

More content with updated screens will be posted later.

Enjoy
From the AAA Team (concerning the mods displayed)
Bury, Loku, Zorin, Wolf, PeterD, Gibbage, Sani, Monguse

I really am glad someone was finally able to fix the coding for the mustangs to show the 8thAF codes. Now the uestion is, did anyone fix the P-47s too, or is that something for the next installment?

Guse...this is looking fabulous and awsome. I can't wait.

Quote:Monguse:
Not sure about online DeviceLink. There was a reason why Oleg never allowed it and its possible the same can be said now.

I understand. However, since it would be a great step for those planning simpits, I'd like to offer for consideration the argument that, when properly configured, only the authorized machine can query the client and, if we ever have a problem with it, it can always be turned off.

Thanks for the listening.

t

@ US_GRANT

One step at a time

Thank you for your reply monguse.

And also thank you for clearing that up a bit. I am on offline player so I admit I am actually quite naive when it comes to online play and how it works. My misunderstanding was that when everyone downloaded the new .sfs files that we would all be on the same page mod wise. I guess I thought of HSFX as an official update because the mods were in the .sfs format.

My understanding was that with this new move to .sfs files, we would all be on the same page and that it would keep things more secure and under lock and key ... but having everyone join a server ... that changes things a bit huh?

Anyway, I guess the issue was not so black and white as I thought it was ...

US_GRANT Wrote:I really am glad someone was finally able to fix the coding for the mustangs to show the 8thAF codes. Now the uestion is, did anyone fix the P-47s too, or is that something for the next installment?

I think only the mustangs will come out with the new update, but all US aircraft, not just jugs and stangs will be done eventually ... at least that was my interpretation.

I heard that the P-51K-10NT will be included in this and I was just curious if that was true... So, what else is in this pack?

Deac Wrote:I heard that the P-51K-10NT will be included in this and I was just curious if that was true... So, what else is in this pack?
..20 filtered GI issue Cigs and a chocolate bar 8)

Chocolate's good, but I don't smoke...

Deac Wrote:Chocolate's good, but I don't smoke...

Then trade your smokes to the dumb, poor SOB next to you for more chocolate. Even noobs knows this ... Wink

Great!

We