New content from AAA Team

Monguse Wrote:Time delay works now. What I'm going for is this look

http://www.warwingsart.com/12thAirForce/littleking.html

Hmm...what I see in the pic at the bottom looks like little to no delay, but I might be missing something else there. But looking back at some documentation, this is probably correct for the M1A2 cluster (6 frags). The M26 cluster (20 frags) could be fuzed for immediate separation from the cluster adapter occuring shortly after clearing the aircraft, or for mechanical time delay, with separation from the cluster adapter occuring after a specified period of time. Thus, setting a delay in the arming screen would affect separation from the cluster, not detonation of the individual frags on impact.

Quote:185. Cluster, Fragmentation Bomb, M26 Series

a. GENERAL. This series of clusters consists of the models M26, M26A1, and M26A2 and all contain twenty 20-pound fragmentation bombs. The Cluster M26 and M26A1 contain the AN-M41 fragmentation bomb and are shipped fuzed; the M26A2 contains the AN-M41A1 fragmentation bomb and is shipped unfuzed. The FUZE bomb, nose, AN-M158 is authorized for use in the bombs and FUZE, bomb, nose M110A1 (AN-M110A1) may be used in lieu of the AN-M158. This type cluster may be dropped for immediate opening or for delay opening. If delay opening is required, the cluster adapter must be fuzed with the mechanical time fuze M155. The cluster, which fits a 500-pound bomb station, is 52.56 inches long and weighs 416 pounds.
The three models differ as follows:

(1) The M26 consists of 20 fuzed fragmentation bombs AN-M41 assembled by means of the cluster adapter M13.

(2) The M26A1 consists of 20 fuzed fragmentation bombs AN-M41 assembled by means of the cluster adapter M13A1.

(3) The M26A2 consists of 20 unfuzed fragmentation bombs AN-M41A1 assembled by means of the cluster adapter M13A2.

b. FUNCTIONING.

(1) Delay opening. When released armed, the arming wire remains attached to the bomb shackle and is pulled out of the strap clamps and mechanical time fuze. No Fahnestock clips are used on the arming wire with mechanical time fuzes. The clamps remain closed because of the shear wires. At the expiration of the time set on the fuze, the fuze functions and drives the steel slug through the longitudinal member tube. This slug severs the shear wires which hold the clamps closed. The clamps then open and allow the bombs to be pushed out of the cluster adapter by the separator assemblies. Air stream arms the fuzes and the individual bombs detonate upon impact.

(2) Immediate opening. The mechanical time fuze is not used for immediate opening and the shear wires must be cut. When released armed, the arming wire is withdrawn from the clamps. They open and allow the individual bombs to be pushed out of the cluster adapter by the separator assemblies. Air stream then arms the fuzes and the bombs detonate upon impact.

[Image: P47_M26cluster_fuze.jpg]

Much appreciated

Question, have you a picture of the "V" brace shown on the 47 model. I had one close up and I cant seem to find it. I recollect seeing the "V" brace on the P47 outboard pylons.

Great stuff guys.
Sorry for such ignorant question since I didn't had time to read whole topic, are we - UI 1.2 users - getting those aircraft too, or do we have to install HSFX to obtain them?
Or are you guys scheduled to relase them for us but later?

In one simple word, yes. Same applies to the 1.2.5 content currently in HSFX.

I just need time

Monguse, isn't that the V brace you are asking for in the picture above? That sure looks like a P-47's wing to me.

Yes I know but there is another photo of that same wing taken from the wingtip toward the fuselage

Monguse Wrote:Much appreciated

Question, have you a picture of the "V" brace shown on the 47 model. I had one close up and I cant seem to find it. I recollect seeing the "V" brace on the P47 outboard pylons.

I don't think so, but can you point out what part specifically? I believe the M26 cluster attaches to a normal bomb shackle. I have some picks of improvised clusters that use additional bracing.

Thanks a lot Monguse, you see I don't want to abandon my UI, and change into something that I don't fully know and trust.
Can't wait then for those machines, they look awesome.

They will be available. Currently working on other goodies as well.

@ akdavis

what ever photos you have would help determine what loadouts we get.

Monguse Wrote:In one simple word, yes. Same applies to the 1.2.5 content currently in HSFX.

I just need time

THAT is the one thing I wanted to hear from this! Big Grin I'm one of those stubborn people that has their game set up just the way they like it (it's not based on UIs or anything, I just cut out the stuff I wanted and left the rest), and so I don't want to have to deal with all of the HSFX/UP installation, not being able to choose my mods, etc, so for me, that's the best news I've heard from here in awhile! I can't wait to get these new mods in my game! Thanks so much for all the work you're doing, Monguse (and the rest of the team). The stuff you're adding with these updates is stuff I've been wanting since the day I discovered AAA, and I'm sure many other people have as well. keep up the good work! Big Grin

I am impressed.

... and this is just the beginning :-)

This is excelent work ! very well done team ! Smile

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin wow awesome stuff guys, can do alot of damage with those sticks. Nice to see your posts Mr J. ~S~

New B29 with M56 4000lbs loadout, page 1