New content from AAA Team

For your P-47N...

http://www.mediafire.com/?zumetjmzaw2

Monguse Wrote:We've had code and FM for the B24D since October 28th (I have the zip from Bury, just checked the date) same applies for the solid nose without frames. If you remember, 1.2 came out in November. Now that I have time, I'm trying to get 3D edits done.

So to answer the question, no its a different model. Of course, the model can be extended to make an RAF coastal command B24D or cargo or ...

or LB-30/B-24A! (It would "only" need a bit shorter nose, round engine nacelles, no belly ball turret and hand-held guns in the tail).

+1 for the B-24D cargo model, hundreds of B24D's were used to transport war supplies into hostile territory, because C47's weren't in large enough numbers in Pacific/Asian areas, or fears of sending unarmed transports right into the teeth of zekes.

Did the F4U Corsair series use the clusters aswell?

F4U-4 Shelly Cluster

[Image: 097061%20F4U-4%2002MAY51%20CLK%20NP45-037890.jpg]

F4U-5 Shelly Cluster

[Image: 097061%20F4U-4%2009MAY51%20Shelly%20Clus...038171.jpg]
[Image: 121840%20F4U-5%2013JUN51%20Shelly%20Clus...039386.jpg]

All of them were taken at China Lake in 1951.

Thanks

its a possiblity

Just as a point of interest, take a look at the Mustang collection fourm. I posted some unusual loadout info there.

They tested a multitude of weapons on a wide variety of planes at China Lake. We have to ask ourselves if we want to add load outs that were tested/possible or those that were actually used, or most likely used operationally. I have video of a large cross section of planes and weapons being tested but a large percentage didn't work so well or just weren't feasible/economically viable from an operational point of view. Or, they didn't offer anything over other types of armament being too specialized. Fun, yes! Also, a lot of the planes used to "carry" these weapons at China Lake were just to provide a platform for the weapon.

Deac Wrote:F4U-4 Shelly Cluster

F4U-5 Shelly Cluster

All of them were taken at China Lake in 1951.

Those are rockets, and indeed even clusters of rockets, but those are not cluster munitions. Anyways, as BBury said, pictures of testing at China Lake are not an indication of operational use, but of weapons development and experimental installations.

F4U4s dropped some numbers of M-28 (24 M83 SD-2 clones) and M-29 (90 M83 SD-2 clones) cluster bombs over Korea.

[Image: clusters_m28_m29.jpg]
(please note that the M28 and M29 are not scale to each other in the illustration. The former was a 100-lb. store, the latter 500-lb.)

Interesting, however I should have said did F4U Corsairs ever use the M41 Frag bomblets/clusters as pictured on page one, from carriers or land bases during late WW2?

Drew Wrote:Interesting, however I should have said did F4U Corsairs ever use the M41 Frag bomblets/clusters as pictured on page one, from carriers or land bases during late WW2?

Not sure about Corsairs, but it does appear that the Navy used them as well.

Preparing for strikes on Okinawa:
[Image: TBF_cluster.jpg]

Navy also had their own cluster adapter (Mk 7 Mod 1) for 8 x M41 frags.

Lol, what started out as a weapon's upgrade for major US bombers and fighters is turning into a complex revamp of most of IL2
s modded US planes, seems like if it flew out of a US factory, it carried or atleast tested the M41's. I bet those TBF's put the M41 to good use.

btw, is the M20 loadout in the works for the B29's, didn't the USAF use those to firebomb Tokoyo at night?

I'm hoping for the pumpkin bomb for the Silverplates...

Hughes Wrote:I'm hoping for the pumpkin bomb for the Silverplates...

Ahh...I see you have played the Snoopy vs. the Red Baron flight sim Smile . I'm hoping for woodstock rockets for the Ta183 myself Tongue

Fafnir_6

No, this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumpkin_bomb