1024 pix textures - Geometrical Anomolies

I've started redoing a number of maps with 1024 textures. But I often encounter sharp cutoffs between textures, instead the normal blending together of textures.

I've tried to figure out how using 1024 pix textures could effect this, but have not come to any conclusion at all.

Can anyone enlighten me on this and especially explain how to banish this?

[img][Image: 0212200918-02-13.jpg]

[/img][Image: 0212200918-02-04.jpg]

there are two possible causes.

Is this something you are seeing on mountains or where there is a steep relief in the height of the map?

I've found that some textures get stretched over these sharp increases in height which can make blending the pattern to adjacent squares nearly impossible. You would need to adjust the height map so that the relief doesn't stretch the texture so much.

I've also seen lines on flat ground. The reason for this is the way the game plots the textures over a large area. It takes the individual 1024x1024 square and repeats it a number of times, and makes a larger square pattern made up of your texture, but only seems to do this a certain number of times before it repeats or over laps. In effect, you can have a 10 x 10 (1024) square box that buts up against a 5 x 5 square box of the same pattern, but the larger patterns that connect don't always meet where they might normally blend.

This is what i've been able to notice so far, and i know of no fix for it because its based on the graphics engine of the game.

Bill

strange...i don't have that :???: :???:

sometimes i have problems with interconnection between textures but never things like that.

is it the same for all ours of the day ??

BTW.......nice texture mate....like the colour.

seems redko's work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viva photorealistic textures, the revolution is coming in this sim :wink:

Looks like triangles to me

try this:

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=3
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0 //

redko Wrote:BTW.......nice texture mate....like the colour.

Doing my best - imitation is the best form of flattery ... ha ha.

And I have this thing for brown landscapes, they are so warm and austere, daunting and wild, they speak of adventure and remote places ... not always appropriate in many areas of the world of course, but still it gives me a thrill to fly over them ...

[quote="renmik"]Looks like triangles to me

try this:

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=3
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0 //

agracier Wrote:
redko Wrote:BTW.......nice texture mate....like the colour.

Doing my best - imitation is the best form of flattery ... ha ha.

And I have this thing for brown landscapes, they are so warm and austere, daunting and wild, they speak of adventure and remote places ... not always appropriate in many areas of the world of course, but still it gives me a thrill to fly over them ...

hum i understand you...that's why textures are so important to have a pleasure flying....and just flying :wink: