[Download] ZipNavV.1.5 for all mod packs

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:I don't have this installed. I downloaded 1.5, but your instructions say that if no previous install you need to install 1.4 first. When clicking on the link for 1.4 the site says that the file is no longer there. Any ideas?
same here :-?

New link at the first page (Complete install).

I have downloaded this and installed it. I have used your instructions to add a map that my squadron and a few other squadrons are using for an online campaign (its a new guinea map). However whenever I try to open the map in this program, windows pops up an error: ZipNavV1.5.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This happens on a few other maps I have chosen at random throughout the list. Why is this? The map shows up just like any other...

If some maps work and some don't, there may be something wrong with the related map files due to downloading or unzipping them. Unpack some and have a look at them with something like gimp. If they are ok pack and try the map again. The same with the outNstationary.txt. Or just download and unzip again.

If just your own map doesn't work be shure that the tga-files dont have a alpha-chanel (Transparency) and also are packed (ending with .pak) and fit the name scheme.

At what moment does that flaw occur? When loading the map or after displaying it? At what action?

Happens when loading the map. As I said, it happens with a few other maps I have chosen at random throughout the entire map list. The image shows up, it sits for a second and starts loading then the windows error msg pops up.

In this case i can only imagine that your rig has, hm, very little memory (less then 2 GB)? Unfortunaly the bigger maps need a lot of memory. To verify this you may test small and big maps. Your guinea map may be a real big one, i assume.

The New Guinea map covers most of New Guinea yes.

And you are wrong... I have 4 gigs of ram.

So it's hard to help here, i don't have any idea left what's wrong with your installation. Last chance may be to name some maps that work and some that don't, may be there is a pattern which helps to solve the problem.

Any chance to solve the problem about ocean maps ? It is impossible now to use your software in that kind of maps. And, frankly speaking, this mod is a dream for me. It must be so exciting to use it for long pacific flight Smile

Thank you. It's possible, you just have to create a proper ed_m02.tga and map_h.tga. For example the Iwo Jima map:

Unpack the original ed_m02.tga.pak (.../ZipNavFilesPacked/iwo) and save it.

Open the Iwo Jima map within the fmb. It runs from AA to DB and from 1 to 80. Each character and each digit are 10000 meter. So the maps dimensions here are( ((3*24) + 2) * 10000 = 740000 m) *( 80*10000 = 800000 m).

Because 1 pixel = 200 m the new tga's dimensions must be 740000/200 = 3700 and 800000/200 = 4000 pixel.

So create (with gimp or something with the same features) 2 tga files with that dimensions. One blue (the ocean), call it ed_m02.tga, one pure black (rgb 0), call this map_h.tga (The distances are mesured here, thats why you need this). Save both files with "Origin" upper left and "no" RLE compression. The ed_m02 must be a rgb file, the map_h a 256 bit grayscale. No transpareny is allowed.

Back to the fmb. The island is situated at the end of CI and 61 (Northern/western cost lines). This is ((2*24) + 9) * 10000/200 = 2850 pixel and 61*10000/200 = 3050 pixel. But you need the y-pixels counted from the upper side (The game counts from the left upper corner). Total y-axis = 4000 pixel, so the true y-value is 4000-3050 = 950 pixel.

Now open your new big ed_m02.tga and the original small one as a layer. Grab the island and shift the crossing of the northern/western shore lines to the pixel position 3050/950. Join the layer. Save as ed_m02.tga with "indexed" to 256 colors, "Origin" upper left and "no" RLE compression.

Put your new ed_m02.tga and your big map_h.tga into the Navs Iwo folder. Run the prog and pack both files. That's it so far.

But you will notice that the airports and names ar misplaced (In the very low left corner). To change this you have to unpack and edit the related two other files (or just delete them):

Airports are within the outNStationary.txt with lines like this:
0_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BI_1 1 5168.0 3967.5 5855.0 0.0 null
The x/y positions are stored here as 5168.0/3967.5 meters/centimeters

Names are within the texts.txt with lines like this:
7639 9143 7 1 1 0 Iwo_Jima
The x/y positions are stored here as 7639/9143 meters

You just have to add to these values the values you shifted the island in x/y-position (it may be difficult to meet the exact positions, it should be about adding 3050*200m = 610000m for x and adding 950*200m = 190000 for y, i think) and repack the files.

To save the hight information of a map (I think this is not needed in the Pacific) you may also add the original map_h to the created one as you did it with the ed_m's.

Good luck.

Well, seems they invented two more characters recently, the ABC now includes 26. not 24 ;-) So the x-axis must be ((3*26) + 2) * 10000 = 800000 m = 4000 pixel and the islands x position ((2*26) + 9) * 10000/200 = 3050 pixel. Sorry for that.

This is a good program except that the height calculations are wrong. If you, for instance, take the vkg_Grand Canyon map, and place the nav point to the airfield SSW of Shinumo Altar, it says that the altitude is at 5879ft, when in the game it is at a height of 1312m, which calculates to (1312m X 3.2808399) 4304.4619488ft. With this as it is, it's useless. Keep working on it. I'd really like to see this thing working properly. Would be a valuable tool for modding.

~S~
WB_2nd_Pappy

There was a devasting terraforming process named VKG that lowered the area from 1792 m (5897 ft) to only 1312 m (4304 ft) within a few month and a similar effect may have taken place everywere. Install the newest version of the map files to the zipnav to get the actual landscape. More than one pilot perished trusting in antiquated maps.

zipzapp Wrote:There was a devasting terraforming process named VKG that lowered the area from 1792 m (5897 ft) to only 1312 m (4304 ft) within a few month and a similar effect may have taken place everywere. Install the newest version of the map files to the zipnav to get the actual landscape. More than one pilot perished trusting in antiquated maps.

Indeed - the new Grand Canyon map has Lake Meade set to sea level, with a custom height correction curve - roughly lowering the entire terrain about 500M. I thought lowering the earth's surface might help me crash less often, but alas it doesn't seem to help. :wink:

I can't open a clipboard with waypoints just after finished them. I don't know how I was doing it Smile
Help... ?