[MOD] Philip.ed's New Intermittent Smoketrail Tracer MOD V1

What aircraft is firing in the video?

Nice job!

akdavis Wrote:What aircraft is firing in the video?

I think it is MC202.

I love this mod Philip!

I think you are the worst shot I have ever seen? What is your percentage? :lol:

GeneralPsycho Wrote:
akdavis Wrote:What aircraft is firing in the video?

I think it is MC202.

I love this mod Philip!

I think you are the worst shot I have ever seen? What is your percentage? :lol:

No, it is a bf-109e-4. And BTW, the video is HG's so I'd ask HG. The whole point isn't shooing aircraft it is demonstrating the tracer smoke-trails. If HG wanted to demonstrate aircraft destruction, he'd have hit the aircraft. Knowing him, he probably thought it looked better this way, as I can't remember seeing an average piece of gun-cam footage where an a/c was shot down in a single burst. But anyway, thanks everyone for the kind comments Wink

hi all will this mod work with ultrapack?do i put it in -MODS folder,tks all

Hmm...I wonder how I can get smoke trails for my MG 17s?

shea1980 Wrote:hi all will this mod work with ultrapack?do i put it in -MODS folder,tks all

If your "Mods" folder has a "dash" in front of it, nothing you put in there will work.

I'm not sure about the mg-17's, I don't usually fly any planes which use those guns so can you tell me whether it's working or not? Wink

philip.ed Wrote:Philip.ed's New Intermittent Smoke Tracer MOD V1

Hi chaps Wink

After numerous request from members for releasing an intermittent smoke tracer effect based on HG's and Potenz's mod, I made this one which is a tweaked version for all other calibre guns. Thanks goes out to HG for help tweaking this and getting it working. He really is a great guy! Big Grin :cheers:
WOW!

Way cool!

One question, does this apply to all the guns and cannons? Or just a select few? Most notabaly, does it apply to the 0.50 cals?

Congratulation !!! Big Grin

Video was released on Saturday December 05, 2009, 11:54 AM and as of today Sunday December 06, 2009 got already 797 views !

Video showing bullets 2D intermittent smoketrail got honor as #43 - Most Viewed (today) - Gaming - Czech Republic

Not bad for a lousy shot , video did pretty nice job in two days since Philip.ed's mod release !!!! Happy Sunday !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Big Grin

[Image: BulletsIntermittentSmoketrail.gif]

It is these little things, like this Mod that brings realism and emersion to the game, Thanks Philip.ed !!!

ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:

Hi chaps Wink

After numerous request from members for releasing an intermittent smoke tracer effect based on HG's and Potenz's mod, I made this one which is a tweaked version for all other calibre guns. Thanks goes out to HG for help tweaking this and getting it working. He really is a great guy! Big Grin :cheers:
WOW!

Way cool!

One question, does this apply to all the guns and cannons? Or just a select few? Most notabaly, does it apply to the 0.50 cals?

Hmm, as far as I am aware it is most guns and cannons as not all share the same code for the smoketrails. For the .50's HG already has a mod for those over at SAS Wink

philip.ed Wrote:
ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:

Hi chaps Wink

WOW!

Way cool!

Hmm, as far as I am aware it is most guns and cannons as not all share the same code for the smoketrails. For the .50's HG already has a mod for those over at SAS Wink

I D/L'd this and tried it out on a Mustang with 4x.50 cal and it worked like a champ. Unfortunately, for some odd reason, the Spit .303's didn't display any smoke trails when I used them. That was curious. I also have the uranium effects mod installed so I don't know if that helped or not, but I doubt it.

To get this to work for the .303's you first need to have the mod which gives the .303's the smoketrail file. The .303 smoke tracer mod is include (to my certain knowledge) in the ui 1.2 or in one of the spitfire mods. If anyone can submit it to a file shring site, then I'd be happy to include it in my initial post in this subject Wink

philip.ed Wrote:To get this to work for the .303's you first need to have the mod which gives the .303's the smoketrail file. The .303 smoke tracer mod is include (to my certain knowledge) in the ui 1.2 or in one of the spitfire mods. If anyone can submit it to a file shring site, then I'd be happy to include it in my initial post in this subject Wink

Unfortunately, the Spitfire .303 tracer mod folder in UI 1.2 is empty.

As far as I can tell, the following do not have smoke trails:

German 7.92mm
Russian 7.62mm
British .303 (with exceptions, e.g. Mosquito FBVI and Hurri IID)
US .30 (with exceptions, e.g. A-20C)
Italian 7.7mm
Japanese 7.7mm (with exceptions, e.g. Zero)
Italian 12.7 (with exceptions, e.g. Re2000)
Russian 12.7mm

Also the new Avia and Fokker don't have smoke trails, but I don't know if they share with something above.

Now, I'm not sure if this is to be expected, or if there is some conflict with HSFX4.

No, this is to be expected as not all guns share the same effects file. HG is really busy right now (so please leave a message after the beep Wink ) so I can't ask him about this, but I will try and look into it with him at somepoint. It's just a matter of applying this as the normal file for all these guns. Wink

For the .303's if anyone here belongs to a file-sharing site I can send you the mod via e-mail. Or you can check out this mod (The link is inoperative) and download in order to get the .303 tracer mod Big Grin I hope this helps 8)