Declining FMB+ memory

I've been having a problem lately with FMB+. The size of actors.static files I can load seems to have dropped sharply for some reason. I used to be able to load actors files over 100kb, now 50+ kb crashes the program.

I heard that the memory goes down the more types of objects the game has to load, but I haven't installed any new ground objects recently. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

CY6.

I feel ya. My graphics crashed to the point where I can't do anything. I'm not sure what caused it but I was having the similar problem as you with memory for graphics or some other unknown issue. I've been down for the count for a while now. Perhaps I'll get a new gift soon to fix the problem. Maybe post in the Technical Help forum. Good luck.

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

i have noticed this with the new HSFX.

some of the maps i used to edit in the "altered" FMB i can no longer load due to the "reference memory 000x00 blah blah" happening now on smaller static files

Perhaps we should keep an il2 install especially for map making.... without any unnecessary mods or maps...just the Objects we need

a version of the UI would be best so that we can delete all unneeded stuff.

Maybe try replacing the Static.ini in HSFX with the one from 4.09. (or create a mods folder and override that way)
It should work Ok for map building (although you won't be able to use many of the new maps obviously whilst you have this enabled)

This has the advantage that you can then add only the objects that you need and keep track of them all at the bottom of a clean static doesn't it.

I have never tried it but if its a question of freeing up memory, has anyone tried this with an empty/almost empty Static.ini ?

Charlie Chap Wrote:Maybe try replacing the Static.ini in HSFX with the one from 4.09. (or create a mods folder and override that way)
It should work Ok for map building (although you won't be able to use many of the new maps obviously whilst you have this enabled)

This has the advantage that you can then add only the objects that you need and keep track of them all at the bottom of a clean static doesn't it.

I have never tried it but if its a question of freeing up memory, has anyone tried this with an empty/almost empty Static.ini ?

I actually tried this already, by deleting about 300k from the static.ini (most of the channel objects). I didn't notice any improvement though. It might be because HSFX loads them as .sfs files anyway.

deleting items from the static.ini will only cause problems...they data for each item is still loaded....the static.ini is just a list

I have not tried it since I am not really working upon maps nowadays...but I think my suggestion to have a seperate install of il2 with only the necessary stuff to be the answer
...no need for effects mods...planes.....maps which are not being worked upon.... a really trim setup